Formula 1 - Round 6 Canada (12th June)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
There is a race on this week, in Montreal

Hamilton got pole yesterday with one of the better qualifying performances of his career I reckon. The Mercs and Ferrari's were going tit for tat in the early 1.12's and then first lap of Q3 Hamilton pulls out a 1.11.7 to which Vettel responds with a lap 3 thousandths slower.

Hamiltons final lap however was a 1.11.4 which is the fastest lap around the Montreal circuit, and gave him 63 poles, equal with Senna. He got given one of Senna's old helmets as a gift

Max has been faster than Danny Ric all weekend and qualifies ahead, although the gap between RBR and the top 4 has reduced somewhat.

In other quali news, Stroll was knocked out of Q1 in his home race, whilst Massa finished 8th. Palmer also a second slower than Hulkenberg.

Race is on at 4am, one to record and watch tomorrow I reckon

I am unable to watch so following BBC website. Eventful opening laps for a few guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Di Resta is their reserve driver, not exactly young
Nor is he any good.

Once I ignore the fact that Bottas was virtually invisible all weekend, Kimi had a shocker and Dan having another very fortuitous race to end up 3rd again, it was a very enjoyable Grand Prix. Actually felt sorry for Verstappen for the first time in his career and happy to see Stroll get points.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the Force India debrief, though.

Just watched the replay, quality race. The Verstappen start, the Vettel fightback, Stroll bagging some points and the awkwardness at Force India.

The top 3 minded their own business but Lewis was in a class of his own all weekend.

Max is having a very unlucky year, I'd say without retirements he has been better than Dan who lucked himself into another podium.

Force India really shot themselves in the foot with that strategy. How many laps did Perez want at Ricciardo? He was behind him for almost all the race but kept on saying "I need to have a go at Ricciardo". Well then make a move or get out of the way. Ocon would have caught Ricciardo I reckon, and was a real shot at his first F1 podium, I would hope he is furious.

Good on Stroll for finishing in the points for the first time in his home race. The guy was highly rated as a junior so we can hope that this gives him a bit more confidence, because honestly I can't see Di Resta doing any better.

Might be a bit presumptuous to say this, but Fernando is a real shot at next years championship if McLaren go back to Mercedes power. All the talk is that the aero package on that car is elite, and all it needs is a competitive power unit. Still did enjoy Fernando just going into the crowd after his engine failure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back