Formula One in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

welcome back arrows

Did McLaren just single handedly try to revive Marussia/Manor?

uhxe2tT.jpg

5YqPCBA.jpg

New Ferrari.

The sidepods are absolutely nuts! They've also seemed to combine the shark fin and the T-wing.

At this stage every car seems to look quite different. I love it! Can't wait to see what RB do.

just wait until red bull drop the pacific inspired livery.

You mean the ocean or the movie? :p

RB's livery will be unchanged this year apart from a few minor details.

Honda claiming that their new engine is 'as good' as the Mercedes engine was at the end of 2016.

???
It's like these people have forgotten that Mercedes is capable of development too.

It seems the Williams has changed a bit since they posted renders of their car a week ago.

4LlPIuy.jpg

I like the design of the it (apart from the nose). They blended the sharkfin in really well.

It's a shame they've stuck with the same livery for 3 years now :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the Shark fin a compulsory design element?

No it's not. The teams aren't required by the 2017 regulations to have it, they just believe that with the new rear wings that a shark fin will be useful to them whereas last year they were not considered useful enough to use.

Shark Fins provides a barrier to stop air crisscrossing from one side of the engine cover to the other, acting as a flow straightener by aligning the airflow towards the rear wing reducing turbulent air off the back of the airbox unit, “cleaning" the air that enters the rear wing area, making it much more effective.

courtesy of jomartz from reddit

Do Honda and Haas have clash liveries?

Honda is mainly orange with some black and Haas is military grey with some red.

Should be fine. The Haas looks a bit like last year's McLaren though.

Do they have any sponsors?

Richard Mille is their main sponsor.

Finances wise they are basically Ferrari's second team and Ferrari is dedicating resources to them and in return they are able to use Gene Haas's windtunnel (the owner of Haas automation and the race team)

Apparently the Haas wind tunnel is THE most advanced in the world.

Last edited:
Richard Mille is their main sponsor.

Finances wise they are basically Ferrari's second team and Ferrari is dedicating resources to them and in return they are able to use Gene Haas's windtunnel (the owner of Haas automation and the race team)

Apparently the Haas wind tunnel is one of the most advanced in the world.
Yeah sorry I know all that, was being sarcastic.

There's not a lot on there...

Yeah sorry I know all that, was being sarcastic.

There's not a lot on there...

Yeah it's bloody bare but if they're not appealing to sponsors then that's their problem...

It's not like they're financially struggling anyway. I think Grosjean is a pay driver and Gene Haas is already a billionaire with a NASCAR team and tons of financial backing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back