Formula One Round 14 - 2016 Italian Grand Prix (2nd-4th September)

Remove this Banner Ad

They are booing Lewis too. It's a Ferrari thing. You had to drive for Ferrari or Toro Rosso.

Love my formula 1 but that was pretty boring. I hate introducing laws to bring champion teams back into the pack but what else is the answer? Ferrari and RBR are so far of the pace the only chance to make it fair is to make the Mercedes run with 3 wheels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great weekend, where to start...

Got in at 1am to Milan on Saturday morning and we were up at 7am to head to the track. Walked around the circuit and checked out all the entertainment areas before settling down at Ascari for FP3 and Qualifying. Saturday wasn't overly exciting as there wasn't much to do besides the stuff that was happening on track. But we did get a peak of the old track with the banking, it is incredible how steep it is and really something you need to see with your own eyes. Unfortunately couldn't get on there for a photo because security were blocking people but still got a photo of it.

On race day we got up at 5:30 to catch the first train in, I legged it one I got to the circuit around 7:30 and managed to snag a seat at the end of Parabolica. The races before the F1 were actually far more interesting than the main event with plenty of crashes and overtaking. The Porsche race was absolute carnage with cars flipping everywhere.

Then was the drivers parade and they stopped the truck in the middle of the back straight. Ricciardo spotted our Aussie flag and gave us a quadruple fist pump and looked absolutely stoked to see us haha. You can see my flag in this vid here.

The race itself was a bit meh, we had amazing seats but not much happened at all anywhere. We then ran to the gates near the pit exit with 10 laps to go only to be told that they would not be opened, so we went to the other side to another set of gates where there were thousands of people only to be told again they would not be opened. So everyone went through one gate on the pit straight which caused a bottleneck and a lot of crushing. I got stuck against a pole at one stage the pushing got so hard and with me being a Liverpool fan I was getting flashbacks to a certain event many many years ago and didn't feel great. Its only a matter of time before someone gets severely injured.

Anyway I managed to get on the track and pissbolted to the podium and ended up next to the massive Tifosi flag. The experience is unbelievable and something that every F1 fan must experience atleast once in their life. The Ferrari fans are absolutely mental and I felt like I was in a dream land when the confetti went off.

Following that we hung around on the circuit and saw the Mercedes team celebrations and Hamilton and Rosberg came onto the pit fencing to celebrate with the fans. Saw plenty of Aussies with flags draped around their necks superman style, but definitely felt like a celeb having the actual flag pole, was getting called out every couple of minutes. But all in all an amazing weekend, and even made it onto the F1 instagram account!

image50.img.1536.medium.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back