Formula One Round 19 - 2016 Mexican Grand Prix (29th - 31st October)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why people are saying Verstappen was backing Vettel into Ricciardo. If anyone was watching the live timing they'd have seen that Ricciardo was lapping 1-2 seconds a lap quicker than BOTH Verstappen and Vettel for the last 20 laps. Max had done 50+ laps on his medium tyres so they were shot to bits, if Verstappen didn't do what he did then Ricciardo would have easily overtaken both on much much fresher tyres, so he thoroughly deserved the 3rd place.
It's a good point, one that most people seem to be missing. Even if he was intentionally backing him up, he's perfectly entitled to do so. That sort of thing has been happening in F1 from day dot. What I can't understand is how people are using that as an excuse for Vettel's move on Ric. He clearly moved under breaking which is exactly what he was petitioning for with Vestappen all year. Quite ironic that he's the first one penalised for it.

I agree that Hamilton should have been pinged as well. Not sure it would have made too much difference overall though. He was just quicker than Rosberg all weekend.

I think it's becoming quite clear that Vestappen was promoted too early. Quick, but lacking racecraft. These issues wouldn't be so obvious if he stayed in the middle of the grid. Or at least, would be more excusable.

SEB going nuts on Max - while not totally unwarranted - is kind of ironic.

The same SEB who was so over zealous he took Webber out under full SC conditions when at STR. Drove clean into the back of him.
Not to mention all his other "moves".

Max needs a clip behind the ear no doubt and Charlie should have made it a point of emphasis earlier but he didn't.

And then to go Max and then SEB but not Lewis is a poor effort.

Interlagos will be a real intersting proposition. Lewis must win, Nico getting nervous and the Mercs are getting caught by the rest so points may not be as clean as the first 18 races.

Throw RBR good downforce, Ferrari pace and hell even FI getting edgy into the mix and qualy will be all sorts of mind games.

Should be fun.

At least I get the US coverage.

Go DR!

At least you get the US coverage? But you get Leigh Diffey don't up? He's a dope!
Yeah he is - but he does know the sport. His facts and figures are accurate - and when compared to idiots that the US rolls out of he is not available - hes a sage.

The rest of it is pretty good however.. Just too many ******* ads but when they model after Fox sports you don't have much hope.
David hill uses sporting events as a 2 hr as block interrupted by sports breaks..

Sad

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back