Formula One - Round Five - 2016 Spanish Grand Prix (13-15 May)

Remove this Banner Ad

Riccardio should leave Red Ball based on that race.

It's a disgrace how he wasn't even on the podium in the end.
Horner can go EAD as far as I'm concerned. They did it with Webber for years, now they're doing with DR!!!
should eye off Rosbergs position at Mercedes. Not even kidding, if there is a similar front wing incident again between Verstappen and Ricciardo, ill ******* firebomb Red Bull HQ.

should eye off Rosbergs position at Mercedes. Not even kidding, if there is a similar front wing incident again between Verstappen and Ricciardo, ill ******* firebomb Red Bull HQ.
Please stop carrying on.

I get that everyone on here wanted Dan to win (myself included) but Red Bull didn't screw him at all. They saw Vettel as the main threat to victory, and bought Dan into the pits to cover off Vettels move. In the end, neither Ferrari or Red Bull expected the medium compound to go to the end of the race, so they gave that strategy to the second drivers on track, knowing that Bottas was too far behind to make a difference.
Dan had ample oppurtunity to get past Vettel, but couldnt make a move stick. Im surprised that Kimi didn't have more to throw at Max at the end.

Danny Ric not happy with the 3 stop strategy in post-race interviews, he guessed the team did it because he suspected everyone else was, but he was wondering why he wasn't given the preferable strategy being in the lead - but I'd expect any competitive racer to be disappointed with not winning.

Danny Ric not happy with the 3 stop strategy in post-race interviews, he guessed the team did it because he suspected everyone else was, but he was wondering why he wasn't given the preferable strategy being in the lead.
He WAS given what everyone assumed to be the preferable strategy tbf.

I get that everyone on here wanted Dan to win (myself included) but Red Bull didn't screw him at all. They saw Vettel as the main threat to victory, and bought Dan into the pits to cover off Vettels move. In the end, neither Ferrari or Red Bull expected the medium compound to go to the end of the race, so they gave that strategy to the second drivers on track, knowing that Bottas was too far behind to make a difference.
Dan had ample oppurtunity to get passed Vettel, but couldnt make a move stick. Im surprised that Kimi didn't have more to throw at Max at the end.

It's Kimi. It's hardly a surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From his paddock interview:

RIC said it wasn't hard for him to see Max up there, but hard to see how he isn't up there.
Questioned the 3 stop strat, said they did it too late and the 3 stop didn't make sense because of the cars they had to overtake and on a track that you can't overtake on, doesn't understand why he as the leading car didn't get the better strat.
Also said unlike 90% of the other drivers on the grid he isn't afraid to try and make an overtake, and wasn't content with 4th.

You're a brain dead moron if you think Nico Rosberg has any blame for the first lap accident.

Hamilton got beaten off the line. He s**t himself when Rosberg got the lead. He had huge momentum heading towards t4. He couldn't handle that momentum and went the wrong direction.

Rosberg's fault? **** people are stupid.

Quote "F1 needed a good new story... Something to get excited about... Today... They got it..."

This is exactly what the FIA wanted.. corruption at its finest.

Quote "F1 needed a good new story... Something to get excited about... Today... They got it..."

This is exactly what the FIA wanted.. corruption at its finest.
Wait. I thought this was all an RBR conspiracy? Does this go all the way to the FIA?

Good grief.

Entirely Red Bulls fault that this isn't a 1-2 for them, and Dan was robbed of a deserving win.
Or you could say it was entirely RBR's fault that they hedged their bets to get one car on that top step of the podium?

Given he made the call that resulted in the first race win in a few years and a new record for youngest winner, he can do whatever the **** he wants in my books.

He made the call to go to a two stopper?

Don't get me wrong he is clearly an amazing evaluator of driver talent but he had no business accepting the constructors trophy today.

Seriously, Dan is known as being excellent at conserving tires. To give him the extra stop and not Max is baffling. Entirely Red Bulls fault that this isn't a 1-2 for them, and Dan was robbed of a deserving win.
Exactly. How many times have we seen Ricciardo make his tyres last longer than every driver on track? Countless. Red Bull were the ones to bring Ricciardo into the pits first. Should have let him stay out there as long as he wanted while he had grip. On a track where its bloody hard to overtake they made him give up track position. Really ordinary. Has every right to be pissed off. I called it as soon as it was evident that the red bull drivers were on alternate strategies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back