Multiplat Fortnite Battle Royale

Remove this Banner Ad

Tried playing this a couple times and have no fking idea what I'm supposed to do. Looks like one of those games that's designed to sucker you into spending money on in-game items. No thanks.
No advantage can be bought. They're purely cosmetic. The most fun game I've played in a while. Need to grind at the beginning to understand how it all works.

H1Z1 pretty good. But I like fortnite equally.
Building vs cars really.
Personal choice.
Graphics are graphics but if you like vehicles or you like building aspect you can choose.
Im playin both.Will be interesting to see the impact of Black ops blackout and Battlefields v's version of battle royale on these games.
Battle royale gonna be a saturated market while its all the rage.
What is the perfect Battle Royale game?
Building? Vehicles? Graphics?
Nah.
Good shooting mechanics.

Nothing will impact Fortnite now. Those other modes won't steal the player base only compete to keep theirs. I honestly believe Fortnite is bigger than Battlefield now and possibly CoD too. It feels like CoD at CoD 4's peak.

In other news, I won 5 games in a row today. I had never managed more than back to back's before, so I was pretty stoked. Won a duo with one mate, then another mate joined and we won a trio squad, then he left again and we won a two man squad, then I won two duo games with the second mate.

It was a stupid hot streak. My finishes in the session were 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2 and then we died at Tilted first drop. All up I think I got 9 wins today, none in the LTM's. I might play a few solo's to see if I can snag a tenth

Nothing will impact Fortnite now. Those other modes won't steal the player base only compete to keep theirs. I honestly believe Fortnite is bigger than Battlefield now and possibly CoD too. It feels like CoD at CoD 4's peak.
Yeah. You could be right. Im just wondering if people will be swayed with triple AAA game developers having bigger budgets and make it more "flashier".
Time will tell I guess

Problem is replicating the experience in a Multiplayer without just rehashing the same thing.

Battlerite is coming out with a top down version of a Battle Royale which has peaked my interest, but games like COD coming out with Battle Royale modes is meh at this stage.

In other news, I won 5 games in a row today. I had never managed more than back to back's before, so I was pretty stoked. Won a duo with one mate, then another mate joined and we won a trio squad, then he left again and we won a two man squad, then I won two duo games with the second mate.

It was a stupid hot streak. My finishes in the session were 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2 and then we died at Tilted first drop. All up I think I got 9 wins today, none in the LTM's. I might play a few solo's to see if I can snag a tenth

Well what kind of timeframe are you talking about? Maybe in 2 years time, Fortnite's popularity will have waned and the player base will have shrunk. Battle Royale will have become the defacto online multiplayer mode that all shooting games will have (much like what team deathmatch has been for so many years). We're seeing that coming to fruition already with CoD and BF incorporating it into their franchises -- other games will follow suit and eventually Battle Royale will just be another indispensable part of online multiplayer that all games will have. IMO Fortnite will have its place in history as "the game that started it all" with regard to Battle Royale mode, but I don't expect its heyday to last that long - other companies will improve upon the formula pioneered by Fortnite and gamers will move on.

Last edited:
Is the battlepass worth it? I've made a more concerted effort to do the free pass challenges and it actually adds a fun element to the game - i.e. hunting for a pistol kill etc.
I'd say yes. For what's effectively a one-time investment of $15 you get seven new challenges every week, plus some skins, gliders, etc. that are only available with the battle pass (as you tier up over time within the BP system).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say yes. For what's effectively a one-time investment of $15 you get seven new challenges every week, plus some skins, gliders, etc. that are only available with the battle pass (as you tier up over time within the BP system).

Plus the fact that the game is free, it's good to give something back to them to keep it going and updated. For $15 i'm happy to do that.

I keep getting emails from epic saying that people are trying to access my account. Is this legit. Google searches are inconclusive and I used my PSN to create an account with them and I haven't had any issues with people trying to access my psn

I keep getting emails from epic saying that people are trying to access my account. Is this legit. Google searches are inconclusive and I used my PSN to create an account with them and I haven't had any issues with people trying to access my psn

If it's actually from Epic then it is probably legit, however don't follow any links in the emails, just go to epic website and change your password.

I don't believe so. The first one to go mainstream-ish

And on that, the article even states PUBG Battle Royale is based on the Japanese movie Battle Royale, pure salt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back