Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
So I was given this for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. Any opinions on the game? I've read varying reviews, so put that down to the preferences of the reviewers.

Got a friend who owns this and I've played it with our gaming group a few times. Never touched the co-op variant though. Also do not play it with more than 4 people or you will be at it till the end of eternity.

My thoughts:
Positive
Great theme
The press your luck mechanics to compete with other players for artifacts work well

Negative
Every element of this game is based on luck. The gear and allies you buy are face down and range from useless to overpowered. The way artifacts/adventures spawn is random, so some players may have incredibly easy, but valuable artifacts spawn right next to them. Passing tests involve rolling successes on dice.
Lots of downtime between turns with little to no interaction between players.
No catch up mechanics.

If the people you play it with can deal with a game that has a lot of luck and little strategy and can also laugh off spending 2hrs+ getting beaten by their dice rolls, you might enjoy it. If you want to make tactical decisions and then be rewarded for playing well, you'll probably hate it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back