Forum based RPG campaign?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Equus still in the country? I thought he was heading overseas.
"Boarding the plane, you notice smiling hostesses and people from all walks of life setting out on journeys of their own. Suddenly, from the overhead compartment..."

Interested and committed as I often am Chief but not sure if you want a meat space friend and gaming companion in on this.

However I can offer a suggestion. Try and pick a system of game that it makes sense for people to drop in and out of. Superheroes or sci fi lend themselves better to this than dungeon delving. I can lend you my Mutants and Masterminds or Traveller stuff if you are interested.

I have always wanted to play D&D in real life, ever since I used to play at school with some friends who were nerds but I told my parents and they complained and we had to stop playing because they're idiots who believe Today Tonight is top-shelf journalism and thought I would be a satanist. ******* idiots, no wonder I don't talk to them.

Back then, we played D&D although I don't know the rule set, and Paranoia. I don't remember, it was 25 years ago.

I've finished Pool Of Radiance like thirty times, Bard's Tale 1 and 2 (i refuse to play 3, the interface is terrible), Skyrim. Computer game versions I love!

I might watch this thread and see how it works through here, although with some slight arm twisting I could be convinced to join in. Just don't tell my parents.

Dang. Saw the banner and got a little excited :p. Never played before, but have been reading up on it online lately. If you're full up, I'll just watch the thread. And if more people drop out, I'll be in.
Or I can ban some fools and take their spot.

Interested and committed as I often am Chief but not sure if you want a meat space friend and gaming companion in on this.

However I can offer a suggestion. Try and pick a system of game that it makes sense for people to drop in and out of. Superheroes or sci fi lend themselves better to this than dungeon delving. I can lend you my Mutants and Masterminds or Traveller stuff if you are interested.
You're in! Don't say I never did nothin for ya. What about Shadowrun? We have the book now.

Although, I doubt this campaign will make a huge amount of sense anyway so maybe stick to something people are familiar with.

Bombers Man perhaps next time - we'd need people to be 100% or it could drag on.

Anyone watch Community (TV show) - they did a great D&D episode.

community_dnd.png

Can I be DM? I don't know what that means but I hate most of the posters playing if that helps.
No, but you can take a day off and never come back to this board again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So thanks Chief for the 5th ed PH. Happy to go with that system. It's like 3.5 but a bit simpler.

I don't really care what character I play. If you like I'll wait until everyone else has picked theirs and I'll fill in for party balance if there's a glaring gap, I.e. if no-one else wants to be the party band-aid or tank.

Dang. Saw the banner and got a little excited :p. Never played before, but have been reading up on it online lately. If you're full up, I'll just watch the thread. And if more people drop out, I'll be in.
Or I can ban some fools and take their spot.
If you can find a DM you can always start a second one.

Very curious about this. Never got into D&D but was involved in Warhammer FR for a while. A great DM makes or breaks it and the guy we had was awesome. Was into cartography and made lots of maps and stuff. Great stuff. Am time poor at the moment but will watch with interest.
Then this one should be well broken.

Just a random place for me to pop in but on the topic of RPG and D&D have any of you heard of/done Shadowrun as an RPG? My wife used to do it quite a bit when she was younger and Ive done a few myself. Its very similar to D&D but its based on a futuristic society with hacking and guns and trolls and all sorts of fantasy stuff. Makes for an interesting mix.

Just a random place for me to pop in but on the topic of RPG and D&D have any of you heard of/done Shadowrun as an RPG? My wife used to do it quite a bit when she was younger and Ive done a few myself. Its very similar to D&D but its based on a futuristic society with hacking and guns and trolls and all sorts of fantasy stuff. Makes for an interesting mix.
Yeah we tried Shadowrun for a while. I didn't enjoy it as much as Warhammer but I can't remember why.

Yeah we tried Shadowrun for a while. I didn't enjoy it as much as Warhammer but I can't remember why.

Its certainly unique. Theres actually a PC game of it on Steam now as well. I played around with it for a bit, LOTS of reading mostly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back