• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
All - We are asking all forum members to give us some feedback about the state of our forums. We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going in this forum. Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the forum structure, etc. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think BigFooty and specifically this forum can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

fabulousphil

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 29, 2001
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
IMO the board is over moderated and has been for some time, posters who have differing opinions and views are shut down, posts deleted and some threads locked.

Jul 19, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
IMO the board is over moderated and has been for some time, posters who have differing opinions and views are shut down, posts deleted and some threads locked.

1/ IMO the board is over moderated and has been for some time.
Rubbish!!

2/ posters who have differing opinions and views are shut down, posts deleted and some threads locked.
If certain posters stayed on topic and didn't derail the threads with constant MY CLUB IS BETTER THAN YOUR'S pissing contests then point 2 would not occur

IMO, one of the Better Sub-boards one the whole site.

fabulousphil

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 29, 2001
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
1/ IMO the board is over moderated and has been for some time.
Rubbish!!

2/ posters who have differing opinions and views are shut down, posts deleted and some threads locked.
If certain posters stayed on topic and didn't derail the threads with constant MY CLUB IS BETTER THAN YOUR'S pissing contests then point 2 would not occur

IMO, one of the Better Sub-boards one the whole site.

Thanks for responding, but i disagree, there is very little to none of my club is better than yours on this board, it just does not happen, the board is more of a overview of the game.

My view is that the board is over moderated when discussing other codes, other leagues, the AFL and the media.

Not sure how much traffic this board gets, but i get the feeling that because of the over moderating the traffic is slowing.

Last edited:

MikkyHarren

Draftee
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My view is that the board is over moderated when discussing other codes, other leagues, the AFL and the media.

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
thanks for your feedback.

Im uncertain as to whether the AFL v NRL thread was a good idea, although I personally believe that to discuss the industry we need to be able to discuss other codes. as such some end of year data threads will be forthcoming throughout the offseason.

Note that Moderation in Industry was always meant to be harsh in this forum, as we are supposed to deal with verifiable facts and figures - crowds, memberships, ratings, sponsorship, merchandise and stadium deals, that sort of thing - the last thing we wanted was to have it constantly become a series of tit for tat arguments and personal attacks - and more will be done to ensure we stick to legitimate facts in days to come

It should be noted that Im not the sole mod for this area, all main board mods have access to here.

fabulousphil

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 29, 2001
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
thanks for your feedback.

Im uncertain as to whether the AFL v NRL thread was a good idea, although I personally believe that to discuss the industry we need to be able to discuss other codes. as such some end of year data threads will be forthcoming throughout the offseason.

Note that Moderation in Industry was always meant to be harsh in this forum, as we are supposed to deal with verifiable facts and figures - crowds, memberships, ratings, sponsorship, merchandise and stadium deals, that sort of thing - the last thing we wanted was to have it constantly become a series of tit for tat arguments and personal attacks - and more will be done to ensure we stick to legitimate facts in days to come

It should be noted that Im not the sole mod for this area, all main board mods have access to here.

More moderation !, just what we all need ...... awesome, just awesome.

As usual, i guess your the arbiter of what is legitimate or not ... awesome news.

Ultimately I guess someone has to weild the power, funny though that many of those same people feel the need to exert control over their surroundings and others.

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
More moderation !, just what we all need ...... awesome, just awesome.

As usual, i guess your the arbiter of what is legitimate or not ... awesome news.

Ultimately I guess someone has to weild the power, funny though that many of those same people feel the need to exert control over their surroundings and others.

You are free to post somewhere i dont moderate if you arent happy with said moderation. Alternatively you can request a supermod or admin to look into it. We arent a hive mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back