Forward Coach

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sturt out for the year is such a blow. He is the mid sized goal X factor we desperately need in the mould of Fritsch, Georgiades, Stringer etc. ultimately he’d share the forward line with Tabs, Treacy, Lobb and smalls Schultz, Henry, Western.
You may be right but the reality is we have no real idea what Sturt is like. He’s played 4 games. Had a max of 12 possessions I think in an individual game? Looked great against Essendon in his debut but barely got near the footy in his other 3 games. Does look to have a welcome and rare knack for kicking goals off barely any possessions though. Has missed so much football that it’s getting really concerning now. Also he barely played footy as a kid I think - focusing on cricket till late in his draft year.
I think he had a lot of talent but is coming from a very very long way back now.
To put it in context - I’d say Caleb Serong has played a greater volume of footy in his 18 months at the club alone, than Sam Sturt has in his entire life.
The last people you want to spend three years straight out injured are guys who have come late to the sport.

UYD 4 Life

All Australian
Nov 27, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
You may be right but the reality is we have no real idea what Sturt is like. He’s played 4 games. Had a max of 12 possessions I think in an individual game? Looked great against Essendon in his debut but barely got near the footy in his other 3 games. Does look to have a welcome and rare knack for kicking goals off barely any possessions though. Has missed so much football that it’s getting really concerning now. Also he barely played footy as a kid I think - focusing on cricket till late in his draft year.
I think he had a lot of talent but is coming from a very very long way back now.
To put it in context - I’d say Caleb Serong has played a greater volume of footy in his 18 months at the club alone, than Sam Sturt has in his entire life.
The last people you want to spend three years straight out injured are guys who have come late to the sport.
Pretty sure he has said he played footy since under 8's.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sturt out for the year is such a blow. He is the mid sized goal X factor we desperately need in the mould of Fritsch, Georgiades, Stringer etc. ultimately he’d share the forward line with Tabs, Treacy, Lobb and smalls Schultz, Henry, Western.

as yes the old fremantle board law - the longer someone is out with injury the higher their potential is

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
Boooooooo
7E0BDB47-C493-413F-AD7E-803637932B81.jpeg

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Or... People who come late to the sport are the exact ones you'd have least worries about three years out. They're hardly going to lose any feel for the game.

Heart Of Purple

All Australian
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was under the impression he’d played footy his whole life. Only really begun to take it seriously/realise his potential later on though.

Would still have the same ‘feel’ for the game if that’s the case as others who took it serious from day dot.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers

This graphic makes me sad. We have third highest number of marks i50 and the lowest accuracy in the comp. I bet if we were just middle of the pack we’d be playing finals. We’re closer than last year despite our record saying otherwise.

There’s been a lot of angst among us Freo faithful on here but we have improved in some KPIs from last year (i50s and marks i50). We need to give this young team and coaching staff time to work everything out. We’re still building.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
This graphic makes me sad. We have third highest number of marks i50 and the lowest accuracy in the comp. I bet if we were just middle of the pack we’d be playing finals. We’re closer than last year despite our record saying otherwise.

There’s been a lot of angst among us Freo faithful on here but we have improved in some KPIs from last year (i50s and marks i50). We need to give this young team and coaching staff time to work everything out. We’re still building.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We'd be top 4 if we switched goals and points kicked.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
We'd be top 4 if we switched goals and points kicked.

We've kicked 117.146.848 so far. If we switched goals and points we'd be at 55.5% accuracy and #1 in the comp. But, as you can see with WC and Essendon's numbers, scoring accuracy doesn't necessarily translate into wins. However, I think our game plan/style is fine and our defense is more than adequate to get us into finals, especially when everyone is healthy. Hughes is underrated imo and we miss him quite a bit back there (and of course Ryan's been hurt, along with the other 6 defenders...but let's not dwell on that right now). Kick straight and all the whinging on this board would go away (wait, who am I kidding? It would decrease significantly, not go away.). :p

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
We've kicked 117.146.848 so far. If we switched goals and points we'd be at 55.5% accuracy and #1 in the comp. But, as you can see with WC and Essendon's numbers, scoring accuracy doesn't necessarily translate into wins. However, I think our game plan/style is fine and our defense is more than adequate to get us into finals, especially when everyone is healthy. Hughes is underrated imo and we miss him quite a bit back there (and of course Ryan's been hurt, along with the other 6 defenders...but let's not dwell on that right now). Kick straight and all the whinging on this board would go away (wait, who am I kidding? It would decrease significantly, not go away.). :p
The absolute injury carnage that came out of those two eagles matches this year including the pre season debacle, has been devastating for any momentum this year.
* - do we owe those assholes one or what 😡😡

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
The absolute injury carnage that came out of those two eagles matches this year including the pre season debacle, has been devastating for any momentum this year.
fu** - do we owe those assholes one or what 😡😡
Thats probably more on our blokes over exerting themselves

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
We can’t judge a forwards coach until we have some forwards.

Of our current players I would consider Walters & Amiss to be forwards.

It makes me wonder if perhaps we should have payed more attention at draft time.

Seeing what it’s done for teams who directly recruit for that part of the game.

I've heard from the dog walker of the neighbour, of the disgruntled Freo player's second cousin that Jaymie Graham is rubbing people up the wrong way.
It'll be interesting to see if there are changes in assistants this year.

Back