Forward mix

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless medium forwards are something special they tend to get monstered by tall defenders. Most teams run three tall defenders. This is the problem we had during the Pav years where the lack of a three tall (two KPF and 2nd ruck) attack led to poor scoring and a fair amount of noise here about not drafting talls.
In fact it could be argued that contested marking smalls like Ryan reduce the requirements for medium forwards.
Consequently I am for
1 resting ruck/fwd
2 KPF's
2 small forwards
last two spots (1 starting 6 and 1 bench) best available small or medium fwd or even defensive fwd.

Bailey Fritsch kicked six goals in the GF and nearly 60 goals for the year. He was plucked out of the VFL too. I don’t think there’s ‘something special’ about him; he thrives as a mismatch and can kick straight. If there’s anything we’re missing, it’s a medium forward who can do the same—present as a third options, take marks and kick truly. Hopefully that’s Sam Sturt

Bailey Fritsch kicked six goals in the GF and nearly 60 goals for the year. He was plucked out of the VFL too. I don’t think there’s ‘something special’ about him; he thrives as a mismatch and can kick straight. If there’s anything we’re missing, it’s a medium forward who can do the same—present as a third options, take marks and kick truly. Hopefully that’s Sam Sturt
We don’t even have one forward close to those numbers😩
Interesting he is 188 cm the same height as Erasmus.
Difference as you say is the mis-match, having 3 talls forward really stretches the defence.
But the ball has to come in quick or clean.

if you looked at our small forwards who would cause an opposition coach to have a pause for thought?

Schultz might give him 30 seconds of concern…
that’s it.
there’s no pace, very little marking power and on the way back out the opposition has a party.
Sturt MUST be available.
he is quick on the lead, can mark, is a great kick and can play pressure.

if Lobb doesn’t get traded, then Lobb, Treacy and Tabs is the bets mix of current talls we have.
Sturt, Switta and Schultz

Add Rachele

I’d be looking at Freddy and Henry on the wings
Of all our forwards only Walters would even move the needle of an opposition coach. Maybe Schultz.

Of all our forwards only Walters would even move the needle of an opposition coach. Maybe Schultz.
Are you referring to our small forwards only? If not, Tabs can certainly cause opposition coaches some headaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back