Forward Set up (Without Hendo)

Remove this Banner Ad

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
Hendo appears to have a 10 week hip injury which is a massive set back to our 2011 prep.

What do we think the forward line set up will be without him?

Setants gets a lifeline if true.

Plenty of options though...It's more a question of who will fill FF while Waite goes to CHF.

White may be doing some forward line training if Hendo is out for that long

Hendo appears to have a 10 week hip injury which is a massive set back to our 2011 prep.

What do we think the forward line set up will be without him?

sam_jacobs_270811_l.jpg
?????

It is a set back, but I don't think we'd need to be doing any major restructure to cope as he should be back early in the year.

As Kreuzer is so called on track for round 1, ease him into the ruck by playing him the first few rounds up forward. By that time Hendo will be back.

HF. Walker - Waite - Houlihan
F. Garlett - Kreuzer - Betts

Yarran in midfield

Poster on TC apparently talked to a CFC staff member.

Haven't gone over to check the poster's credibility...so still a weakish rumour

Hopefully just a rumour then. Thanks for the update.

We'll be fine.

Andrew Collins can play every spot at the same time.

Very true :thumbsu: But man i'm dirty on Grigg leaving the club.....:rolleyes:

If Henderson is out for the first few is there any love for Hammer at FF?

I've always thought that he has the ideal height and weight to bring the ball down in any contest even if he can't mark it.

Would love to see him tried there for a while but not too keen on Kruze spending too much time in the ruck in the early season so this may complicate things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a set back, but I don't think we'd need to be doing any major restructure to cope as he should be back early in the year.

As Kreuzer is so called on track for round 1, ease him into the ruck by playing him the first few rounds up forward. By that time Hendo will be back.

HF. Walker - Waite - Houlihan
F. Garlett - Kreuzer - Betts

Yarran in midfield

Bingo:thumbsu:

I haven't been too impressed with Kreuzer up forward. (besides he 3 against port)

With the new sub rule, kruz is going to have to play different positions, would it be worth playing him at FF all year for 90% of his time on the field (other 10% in the ruck).

This would allow us to

1. Cover for hendo to start the year off
2. Free up waite to play as a 3rd tall, on the wing or in the backline, when hendo gets back.
3. Ease the big man back into footy while teaching him how to be more effective as a forward.

I've been asking and I'm still waiting for someone to confirm if the Henderson injury is actually true or not, but if it is, we have plenty of options. As has been said, Waite can easily move to CHF, meaning we need a replacement FF until Henderson gets back. I have suggested Casboult as he has the size and is apparently coming along really well. Kreuzer is also an option, but I'm not banking on him being right to go from Round 1. It will be great if he does, but I would rather see him play and be surprised than expect him to play and then feel down.

I've been asking and I'm still waiting for someone to confirm if the Henderson injury is actually true or not, but if it is, we have plenty of options. As has been said, Waite can easily move to CHF, meaning we need a replacement FF until Henderson gets back. I have suggested Casboult as he has the size and is apparently coming along really well. Kreuzer is also an option, but I'm not banking on him being right to go from Round 1. It will be great if he does, but I would rather see him play and be surprised than expect him to play and then feel down.

Casboult is looking good and training well...but he's still not ready IMO.

He should just focus on 2012

Casboult is looking good and training well...but he's still not ready IMO.

He should just focus on 2012

In that case, we can remove his name from the discussion. We can also forget Mitchell, as he will obviously be out injured, and I don't think we should get our hopes up about Kreuzer returning in Round 1. That rules out three guys who seem to be either natural FF's (Mitchell and Casboult) and a ruckman who could easily be converted into a key forward (Kreuzer).

As I said before, I'd rather see Austin at CHB, allowing Bower to play as the third tall in the back-line and meaning Watson can take his time to develop in the VFL. If all of that happens, then I guess we are looking at either O'hAilpin, White or Thornton. I think O'hAilpin has the physical tools and the ability to play the position effectively, as we witnessed early in 2010, but he seems to be out of favour with the coaching staff and selectors. Thornton is a natural back, so I'm not real sure about relying on him at FF. That leaves White, who is also a natural back I guess, but he'd be my choice at FF. He's a strong mark, and he has pace, so he could get out on a lead from the goal-square.

I guess we will just have to wait and see if Henderson's injury is real (there's still no mention of it on the team website), and if so, who will be chosen to replace him.

In that case, we can remove his name from the discussion. We can also forget Mitchell, as he will obviously be out injured, and I don't think we should get our hopes up about Kreuzer returning in Round 1. That rules out three guys who seem to be either natural FF's (Mitchell and Casboult) and a ruckman who could easily be converted into a key forward (Kreuzer).

As I said before, I'd rather see Austin at CHB, allowing Bower to play as the third tall in the back-line and meaning Watson can take his time to develop in the VFL. If all of that happens, then I guess we are looking at either O'hAilpin, White or Thornton. I think O'hAilpin has the physical tools and the ability to play the position effectively, as we witnessed early in 2010, but he seems to be out of favour with the coaching staff and selectors. Thornton is a natural back, so I'm not real sure about relying on him at FF. That leaves White, who is also a natural back I guess, but he'd be my choice at FF. He's a strong mark, and he has pace, so he could get out on a lead from the goal-square.

I guess we will just have to wait and see if Henderson's injury is real (there's still no mention of it on the team website), and if so, who will be chosen to replace him.

Guess we;ll find out about Hendo tomorrow at training?

I can absolutely most confirm that he has had one of his hips done...he was most dissapointed as he was not able to drink at his 21st which was held over the new year period. Can confirm its the standard hip op the blues players have and pretty certain its just the one hip - my understanding is that he will be touch and go for round one, but it wont keep him out for much longer. Hope this helps.

I'd rather see him get a full preseason in and commence playing from round 10 onwards. No point playing him if he's not at peak physical form.

I imagine this will give Irish the chance to play at FF again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back