ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers

E3 saw the reveal of Forza Horizon 3 set in Australia featuring Surfers Paradise, The Great Ocean Road, Byron Bay, Yarra Valley and more. Correct me of I'm wrong, but is this the first open world game set in Australia?

I'll update the OP with more info later tonight and as it comes.

I believe Mad Max is set in Australia

bulletride

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Excuse the possibly stupid question having never played any of the Horizon series. Being an open world but with vastly different geographical locations, is it broken up into individual maps for each area or is it a fictional Australia where all these different areas are joined up?

that's hype. forza are the only xbox games i've played a good bunch of and i was interested to see where the next one was heading - down under is the s**t!! and this is on PC right?

Oct 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, West Perth, All Blacks
that's hype. forza are the only xbox games i've played a good bunch of and i was interested to see where the next one was heading - down under is the s**t!! and this is on PC right?
Definitely on PC.

Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Horizon 2 is easily the best racing game of this gen so far, so hopefully this takes it to another level. The fact it's set in Australia is great.

Hopefully some more urban, downtown environments to race in too ala NFS Underground. The Horizon 2 map was expansive but made up of a lot of boring fields and uninspiring open areas.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Excuse the possibly stupid question having never played any of the Horizon series. Being an open world but with vastly different geographical locations, is it broken up into individual maps for each area or is it a fictional Australia where all these different areas are joined up?

The other ones were a single large map so I don't think this will be any different. Previously they were just set in a single region so there wasn't any issues like you mentioned of vastly different environments so it will be interesting to see how they do it.

I'm keen though. I'm as far from a motoring enthusiast as it goes and I loved the last two. Especially FH2. That was awesome.

Horizon 2 is easily the best racing game of this gen so far, so hopefully this takes it to another level. The fact it's set in Australia is great.

Hopefully some more urban, downtown environments to race in too ala NFS Underground. The Horizon 2 map was expansive but made up of a lot of boring fields and uninspiring open areas.

Horizon 2 got me playing racing games. The open world format appealed to me.

Normal track based games I'll have two races and be bored. Where as the ability to drive off the track and go wherever was fun.

bulletride

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
The other ones were a single large map so I don't think this will be any different. Previously they were just set in a single region so there wasn't any issues like you mentioned of vastly different environments so it will be interesting to see how they do it.

I'm keen though. I'm as far from a motoring enthusiast as it goes and I loved the last two. Especially FH2. That was awesome.
The idea of racing along the Great Ocean Road into the Otways is insanely cool, would just be kind of jarring if all of a sudden I'm in Byron Bay. Wonder if we'll be able to do the drive from Byron to Nimbin

The idea of racing along the Great Ocean Road into the Otways is insanely cool, would just be kind of jarring if all of a sudden I'm in Byron Bay. Wonder if we'll be able to do the drive from Byron to Nimbin

Scooby Snack side game :D

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Was drawn in by they fact it was in Australia, was sold watching that video in the Xbox presser. What a stunning looking game

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

bulletride

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I think that's what most were expecting. What were you hoping for?
It's exactly what I expected, more just pointing it out for confirmation. As I said earlier I've never played the series but I'm looking forward to getting stuck into this one

Back