Four children die as alleged DUI driver veers onto Sydney footpath

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok i didn’t know that, But how would they determine wether being over .05 cause an accident or not?? I thought in regard to third party part, they sue the driver?

it's impossible for insurance companies to prove and even if they could, they don't have the power to decide. That's a matter for the courts and the ombudsmen.

At the end of the day insurance is a cost plus model and they want claims. That way they can justify their premiums.

I found it absurd when I found out how it worked. A druggie was stoned out of his head and side swiped me. I was under the impression a drug fkd driver who was so stoned couldn't speak without that drug fkd slur, would automatically be 100% at fault.........but sadly no. My insurance company waived my excess, only because they made an error otherwise it would have been equal fault.

I questioned my mum, who worked 40 years in insurance and that's when she explained how it worked.

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
it's impossible for insurance companies to prove and even if they could, they don't have the power to decide. That's a matter for the courts and the ombudsmen.

At the end of the day insurance is a cost plus model and they want claims. That way they can justify their premiums.

I found it absurd when I found out how it worked. A druggie was stoned out of his head and side swiped me. I was under the impression a drug fkd driver who was so stoned couldn't speak without that drug fkd slur, would automatically be 100% at fault.........but sadly no. My insurance company waived my excess, only because they made an error otherwise it would have been equal fault.

I questioned my mum, who worked 40 years in insurance and that's when she explained how it worked.
Wow thats compete bs., i always thought if your drug/drink driving your in trouble...

Sauras

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What I see is, gee he only had what a 4km round trip to make. He must have been in some ordinary state that he couldnt pay even half attention for such a short time. Don't expect life, Jessie Reid killed a cop whilst speeding up to 200km/h, after getting a friend to blow in the car lock think, and he'd taken drugs, oh and he had alcohol. And don't think he'll end up in some H division and all the big boys will come after him. He'll go into a first time offender unit with all the other 18-25 year olds, bide his time, and with a bit of our luck, will get moved into a mainstream unit that no doubt will have seen him on the news...and then the real fun for him will start.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
They were all around the driver's place drinking and probably drunk, what was the cash for that he was so desperate to get? He have his dealer coming over? You don't need cash to order food if you get the munchies.

28 years

21 Non-Parole

133km in a 50 zone.....

meanwhile in WA 123km in an 80 zone, 7th DUI and no longer has a licence, kills 2 going through a red light despite the passenger warning of the danger

11 years and parole after 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not long enough

but he was sorry according to his lawyer

however after the crash he was aggressive and had to be restrained.

we are too soft sometimes!

Sep 8, 2008
argentina
AFL Club
Adelaide
but he was sorry according to his lawyer

however after the crash he was aggressive and had to be restrained.

we are too soft sometimes!
Look I think he was genuinely devastated by what he did , however that’s not going to bring the kids back and he’s got to pay a price for his reckless actions. 28 years for taking 4 lives is not long enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back