Four Corners - Predators at St Kevin’s

Betoota Advocate hasn't missed boltz today , won't post here because of the word used but yeah.
https://www.betootaadvocate.com/unc...s-the-sussest-campaigner-in-australian-media/

(You know which word to edit)

“What’s so sus about defending a pedophile? Get over yourselves,”

“The cycle is unchanging. There’s going to be a think piece on me tomorrow on some generic online news website that people with thumbs up and write spiteful comment under. It’s just more oxygen for me. Every time you say my name, I live on. The best thing is you people can’t stop saying my name and getting angry. I’m going to live forever.”

After making those incredibly sus comments, Bolt hung up the phone.

Sainteric

Cancelled
Aug 5, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Weird post.

It's been less than 3 days since that Four Corners report aired; the Headmaster and Dean of Sport were removed yesterday, the Deputy Headmaster stood down today, and a new Headmaster has commenced already.

To what extent the board has been involved prior to this I can't say, but they're certainly acting very quickly at the moment, and I'd imagine the parents of the students have raised a lot of their concerns directly with the school. Certainly I'd be very surprised if they're 'just accepting it' like you're trying to say.

I know its not fashionable but you have to take responsibility for your actions.

Presumedly they knew about these incidents for a while, they let the Head Master stay on till, (to his credit) the Premier made some pretty broad threats and who knows what happened behind the scenes. They appoint a caretaker who you would think knew was going before the supreme Court for allegedly not reporting child grooming.

If true somehow this behaviour to you is good enough?

Last edited:
The school blocked the reporting. This is entirely an internal cover up.
In WA they have a law for automatic fine machines where if the owner of the vehicle can't identify the driver in the speed camera photo then the driver is liable, they call it owner onus laws.

Similarly, these schools/institutions should have the onus put on them to follow reports through.

There would need to be reasonable time frames for passing on this information, let's say within 3 days, and the failure to do so should result in public notification of a breach - but not the names of anyone involved.

I'd find it distasteful for a system to be in place where a report is made to the school because a teacher marked an essay lower than the parents think it warranted (this happens all the time) and then the school doesn't pass it on to the police team carrying it out, doesn't get their receipt number so the body controlling it releases the name of the teacher and destroys their reputation.

The culture in the workplace would be so uncomfortable for anyone remotely under suspicion, so I doubt many men will roll into high school education similar to how they already don't really present in primary school.

Are there criminal penalties for not passing on reports currently?

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
They have known about these incidents for a while, they let the Head Master stay on till, (to his credit) the Premier made some pretty broad threats and who knows what happened behind the scenes

As I said, I don't know to what extent the board has been involved prior, but they're certainly acting quickly at this point. I think you're attributing much more to Daniel Andrews' there than he can take credit for. I doubt the Premier's comments were what swayed them to 'remove' Russell (little doubt he was pushed to resign, his comments Tuesday suggested he had no intention of doing so), there's more than enough powerful personalities amongst the parents at these schools to ensure that occurred.

They appoint a caretaker who they knew was going before the supreme Court for allegedly not reporting child grooming.

What caretaker was appointed? Canney was already the deputy and they appointed a new Acting Headmaster at the same time Russell resigned. My guess is the board must have spoken to Crowley prior to Wednesday afternoon to have had it all arranged so quickly.

Somehow this behaviour to you is good enough?

What part of any of my commentary on this entire thread suggests I was supportive of Russell, Travers', Kehoe, or anyone else involved?

At this point there appears to be a very clear and decisive set of decisions being made to remove staff involved in any form of cover-ups, they've appointed someone who ostensibly is the perfect candidate for a cultural reset given his work at St Pat's Ballarat, and their commentary has been around actually taking responsibility to apologise for what's gone on and to commission an independent review.

I'd find it distasteful for a system to be in place where a report is made to the school because a teacher marked an essay lower than the parents think it warranted (this happens all the time)
How do you know this? It sounds far fetched to me.

“All the time”? Big claim. Do you have evidence?

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It's a more hands on educational system

And the grooming is really:
grooming.gif

The all the time was in reference to parents being unhappy with the marks the child received, I should have been more clear on that.
OK - I just don't get where this is connected to the police... ?

OK - I just don't get where this is connected to the police... ?
I know of parents, not me, who storm down to the school and threaten the job of the teacher for not giving the child a good enough grade. Women who married their sportsman husband and have a lot of expectation baggage dragged along behind them in their quest to stay both in touch, relevant and young. Nightmares. But anyway.

I know of people who use a system designed for their protection, VROs etc, as a weapon.

We would need to be careful with a system of reporting that it doesn't destroy people from an accusation while still protects the children.

That's all.

I know of parents, not me, who storm down to the school and threaten the job of the teacher for not giving the child a good enough grade.
OK, I've never heard of this in my life.
I know of people who use a system designed for their protection, VROs etc, as a weapon.
Yes this is an issue, but I don't know how frequently it is done. What percentage of AVO's / VRO's etc are found to be vexatious or without foundation?

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

(You know which word to edit)

“What’s so sus about defending a pedophile? Get over yourselves,”

“The cycle is unchanging. There’s going to be a think piece on me tomorrow on some generic online news website that people with thumbs up and write spiteful comment under. It’s just more oxygen for me. Every time you say my name, I live on. The best thing is you people can’t stop saying my name and getting angry. I’m going to live forever.”

After making those incredibly sus comments, Bolt hung up the phone.
the moron apparently blames the a.b.c for being the cause of the exposure. anti catholic bias! wouldn't recognise investigative journalism if it hit him in the face. absolute piece of s**t. so is santamaria's mate henderson. pedo protectors.

I know of parents, not me, who storm down to the school and threaten the job of the teacher for not giving the child a good enough grade. Women who married their sportsman husband and have a lot of expectation baggage dragged along behind them in their quest to stay both in touch, relevant and young. Nightmares. But anyway.

We would need to be careful with a system of reporting that it doesn't destroy people from an accusation while still protects the children.

That's all.
I don't understand where you're coming from.

The mandatory reporting laws in each state are designed to protect all parties. Workplaces have policies and procedures in place that work in conjunction with the legislation. Standing someone down/removing them from the situation does not equate to guilt. You seem to be implying these laws are not already in place or the system is not currently equitable for all parties; neither are true. Mandatory reporting laws have been in place for some time and utilise a third party to delineate the issue so as to protect all parties.

Yes, the system should protect innocent parties from false accusations. Yes, these accusations do occur. But to imply in some round about way that the accused are not afforded the same protections as victims is nonsensical.

I don't understand where you're coming from.

The mandatory reporting laws in each state are designed to protect all parties. Workplaces have policies and procedures in place that work in conjunction with the legislation. Standing someone down/removing them from the situation does not equate to guilt. You seem to be implying these laws are not already in place or the system is not currently equitable for all parties; neither are true. Mandatory reporting laws have been in place for some time and utilise a third party to delineate the issue so as to protect all parties.

Yes, the system should protect innocent parties from false accusations. Yes, these accusations do occur. But to imply in some round about way that the accused are not afforded the same protections as victims is nonsensical.
I wasn't suggesting that at all. Just that we need to be mindful that the system isn't built that is capable of manipulation - by any avenue.

All while being robust enough to protect the children.

Easy in writing, tough in practice because people suck.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Back