Four Corners tonight - Sexy sex scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

Porter has been requested by over 500 female legal professionals to establish an independent complaints body after the Dyson Heydon issue became public?
To date he has done nothing to establish the body

But nothing at all to see here according to some

I agree that makes it closer to a story, and perhaps I missed it, but if 4 Corners isn't going to draw that link and rely on forum posters to do it, then they've just presented a television episode of New Idea but featuring boring people.

Morrison refusing to answer questions about Porter/tudge in his press conference.

With a smile on his face says this
"Doesn't anyone have any questions about the pandemic or the recession?!"

Morrison refusing to answer questions about Porter/tudge in his press conference.

With a smile on his face says this
"Doesn't anyone have any questions about the pandemic or the recession?!"
Imagine, using medical and economic disasters to draw attention away from political disasters.

He's answering now.

Said he supported Turnbull in changing the culture (then alluded to the media in Canberra needing to look at themselves too).

He's fired up. Most animated I've seen him in a while. Seems to be restraining himself from attacking the media about them being pots calling kettles black....

PvO just asked a big softball asking if the story fit the ABC charter and what he was going to do about it.

Morrison saying it might not have been fair to only target the Government.

So if a person is in charge of determining the character of a person but himself has very low standards when his own character is examined, you say "move on, ferk all to see here"?

Similarly if a person is in charge of making decisions as to how the law of the land is applied and then places himself in a compromising position which could be used to influence how he determines the law, again you say "ferk all to see here, move on"?
I think it’s pretty clear that is not what I was saying.

Why not though? I don't think it's too much to ask they live as they preach and if they can't they're not the best we can get. We're not getting value for money.
Realistically, I want politicians to pursue policy based on what they think is right for the country - not what they think will or won’t make them personally look like a hypocrite.

And I say that as someone who doesn’t like family values politics.

It's about credibility.

Don't try to convince others to take a position based on values that you are not prepared to practice yourself.

Else you are a fraud.
I think most politicians (read people) are hypocritical to some degree and the extent to which hypocrisy should be tolerated in an individual is a matter for the voters who elect them. Which is why I don’t like this stuff being covered up and hidden in the Canberra bubble - it deprives voters of an informed choice.

But I don’t think hypocrisy in and of itself should be used as an argument against holding or pursuing a policy position. The merits of a policy (or lack thereof) should be independent of its proponents’ morals.

Last edited:
I can't help but think that Porter is only digging himself a bigger hole by denying everything, for a man who has been bullet proof almost all his life he may be about to receive a giant reality check.

he is digging himself a very very deep hole. the moment one of the other women comes out he is absolutely stuffed.

Given I was out last night, my father texted me to say it was about a sex scandal involving Alan Tudge and Christian Porter, and I assumed he meant that they were having it off with each other. Which would’ve been an inane but funny 4 Corners episode.

I can't help but think that Porter is only digging himself a bigger hole by denying everything, for a man who has been bullet proof almost all his life he may be about to receive a giant reality check.

Reality check coming right up.

I give zero fu**s if any of our poli's are rooting around unless:

1) they are holier than thou about the sanctity of marriage - have zero time for hypocrisy

2) its a HR issue

3) its a sexual harassment issue
i'd also throw in if there's any travel rorts to it (iirc wasn't joyce alleged to have misused travel allowances with Campion?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most politicians (read people) are hypocritical to some degree and the extent to which hypocrisy should be tolerated in an individual is a matter for the voters who elect them. Which is why I don’t like this stuff being covered up and hidden in the Canberra bubble - it deprives voters of an informed choice.

But I don’t think hypocrisy in and of itself should be used as an argument against holding or pursuing a policy position. The merits of a policy (or lack thereof) should be independent of its proponents’ morals.
Again, I'm talking about credibility.

The Parliamentary Liberal Party is increasingly looking look a bunch of entitled private school boys who couldn't cut it in the private sector and went into politics instead.

You could say the same about the Labor front bench except they skipped the private sector part and went straight into politics from being a union official.

The Parliamentary Liberal Party is increasingly looking look a bunch of entitled private school boys who couldn't cut it in the private sector and went into politics instead.
"Private sector" being "Dad's connections got me a job at a law firm."

We have a Scotty sighting :eek:

Full deflection mode though

Should be good. Not sure which one we’ll get, Scotty from Marketing or Scotty the God Bothera. This should test his principles.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

porter went way too early on his statement. I think he panicked and that was the result.

the ABC aren't idiots they wouldn't have gone with the story without really good evidence.

Mr V'L deformation case not looking good for the ABC & the journo involved.

In that case the timing of the broadcast is. relevant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back