Four Corners tonight - Sexy sex scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it would be a bit simplistic to attribute her loss to her appearance on Four Corners.

The Bar Association election in Victoria has been pretty contentious this year, with a bunch of candidates going against convention and running on a group change ticket aimed at voting out most of the existing council (including Ferguson).
Just purely coincidental?

Gender quotas for the Libs might be a start. You can't look at that mob and say that they're all there "on merit".

Gender quotas wont improve people like Porter and Trudge. The assumption that women will change things is probably not accurate because there were women around these situations yet they continued but if the sexual discrimination act was enforced then that might.

I don't really care about the personal lives of politicians, unless there is an example of blatant hypocrisy such as having an affair while campaigning on "family values". At least have the guts to leave your wife or husband first if you are sick of sleeping with them.

I don't really care about the personal lives of politicians, unless there is an example of blatant hypocrisy such as having an affair while campaigning on "family values". At least have the guts to leave your wife or husband first if you are sick of sleeping with them.
Cutting to the chase it's about character.

Typical.....
Sco mo is weak as piss.

Family values my arxse.

Libs are stuck in the 50’s.You are okay, if you are a white male. women should stay at home, barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.
Serve a purpose.

White privlige much.

Im a bit cynical of the entire thing. Im not going to pass judgement - anyone who knows me from the cricket tipping thread, knows that im a ladies man.

I have slept with women within 10 minutes of meeting them...as they enthusitically participate and ravage me.

Be that as it way, campaigning on family values and then partaking in affairs is a bit rich.

At the same time, women have always been attracted to high status or powerful men...if the bonk goes south the women can always claim a power imbalance, or fall back into traditional subservient values when it suits.

Im equally cynical of such women.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a week later and its all but disappeared from the media. No wonder pollies just deny and lie. all you have to to these days is brazen it out for a week, doesn't matter what you do.
Helps when you have an accommodating media conglomerate at your back. Along with helpers like the Costello led Nine group through 2GB etc and the move to the right of Fairfax.

Helps when you have an accommodating media conglomerate at your back. Along with helpers like the Costello led Nine group through 2GB etc and the move to the right of Fairfax.
and useful idiots who genuinely believe the ABC is leftist when, other than small independent media, its the only game left in town the right haven't fixed to avoid any scrutiny.

Interesting take on this one by Paul Barry on MediaWatch on Monday night. He sees this as potentially a precursor to heading down the sensationalist tabloid path of the UK when it comes to reporting on political sex scandals.
But he agreed it was correct to run the story.

But he agreed it was correct to run the story.
Yes. I must admit I found his position on where the line should be drawn a little unclear. He seemed a little bit like he was having a bob each way.

Andrew Clennell said that it merited a news item but not a full Four Corners expose - I wonder if that's what Barry was getting at.

and useful idiots who genuinely believe the ABC is leftist when, other than small independent media, its the only game left in town the right haven't fixed to avoid any scrutiny.
Isn’t the ABC supposed to serve groups not represented in commercial media? They should have a Union Hour every night.

Yes. I must admit I found his position on where the line should be drawn a little unclear. He seemed a little bit like he was having a bob each way.

Andrew Clennell said that it merited a news item but not a full Four Corners expose - I wonder if that's what Barry was getting at.
I thought he was predicting tabloid copy cats with less substance.

or could lead to them being blackmailed which could become a security issue.

As part of my last posting with the Navy, a top secret +ve vet was needed due to the information I would have access to. They dug all the way back in my history and interviewed friends, family and acquaintances all over the country from Victoria to Queensland and WA. One of the big no, no's was having affairs because it opened you up to be compromised.

If found to have a history of cheating then you'd pretty much be denied the clearance and therefore wouldn't be able to do the role, you were either booted out of the Navy, RNiN (retention not in Navy's interest), or you'd be transferred and re-trained in some less sensitive job.

If granted the clearance, at one of your clearance refreshers, if found to be having an affair, it was grounds for disciplinary action and dismissal.

I'm sure Federal Government Ministers would be privy to information that requires a decent level of security clearance and would have all the restrictions that go along with that, including not putting yourself into situations that could open you up for compromise.

Scotty demonstrating live how the culture for liberal women has improved by butting in and roaring over the top of her.

Wow......he’s so evangelical

How good is the Murdoch accomodating media - The Australian actually published a story about the ABC being Questioned by the Morrison government on the issue before the ABC had the questions - lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back