Four Four Two?

Remove this Banner Ad

wez10000

Club Legend
Jul 9, 2005
1,883
3
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Can anyone tell me when the New Australian Version of the Four Four Two Mag comes out?

I really want to read abit into the A-League and all stuff Soccer(Football to you hardcore fans).
 

Ray Nolan

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 27, 2003
11,519
2,562
Kensington Gardens
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
B'ham CityFC Adelaide United FC
It's out now - $7.95.

Really good to see a local edition of FFT, hopefully they keep increasing the amount of local content.

Promising start. :thumbsu:
 

wez10000

Club Legend
Jul 9, 2005
1,883
3
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Ray Nolan said:
It's out now - $7.95.

Really good to see a local edition of FFT, hopefully they keep increasing the amount of local content.

Promising start. :thumbsu:

Thanks Ray Nolan,

I went down to my Local Newsagent on Monday after i found out about the book Sunday and they only had the European Version of it and it was $14.95.

Have you had a look at the Mag yet Ray is it any good?
 

Log in to remove this ad.

Ray Nolan

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 27, 2003
11,519
2,562
Kensington Gardens
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
B'ham CityFC Adelaide United FC
wez10000 said:
Thanks Ray Nolan,

I went down to my Local Newsagent on Monday after i found out about the book Sunday and they only had the European Version of it and it was $14.95.

Have you had a look at the Mag yet Ray is it any good?

Yeah, it's a great mag, although if you buy the UK edition you'll have a sense of deja vu as quite a lot of the foreign features have been in recent UK editions. The Australian content is worth the price alone, I thoroughly recommend it.

For a preview of what is in the 1st edition visit the website.
 

Still Crowing

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2001
2,280
84
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood AdelaideUtd
I consider myself something of a FourFourTwo fanatic, having about 100 of the 135 editions (inc the last 70 straight) of the seminal English Football magazine.

Just for the Australian content, the new mag is worth the price alone. I will continue to get the English version, however now I will also get the Aussie version. It is the usual high quality you'd expect. It's only 80+ pages (the UK version is about double that), but I would expect that as they get the hang of things, perhaps scratch the surface of the football history of Oz, it will get bigger. Buy it. In fact buy two, and leave one lying around the office/doctors/tea room etc. Do it. Do it now! :D
 

Lowie01

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2003
9,235
0
In limbo.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MVFC - 2009 Premiers
First time I've bought FourFourTwo (normally get Shoot Monthly, have for about 10 years now back when it was weekly and more kid-friendly), and this was a really good read. Well worth the $7.95, especially with no other Australian-based magazines around (well, I can't find any)
 

The Hitman

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2002
3,607
214
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
The English version is my favourite mag of all time (I think I was reading a copy of yours a few years ago at an U-18 championship game, Still Crowing), and if I can find it I'll definately get the Aussie version.
 

mustapha

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2001
1,970
9
Bundoora
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Lowie01 said:
First time I've bought FourFourTwo (normally get Shoot Monthly, have for about 10 years now back when it was weekly and more kid-friendly), and this was a really good read. Well worth the $7.95, especially with no other Australian-based magazines around (well, I can't find any)

Soccer International is one. It is Australian based also including info from the major leagues around the world.
 

Lowie01

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2003
9,235
0
In limbo.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MVFC - 2009 Premiers
mustapha said:
Soccer International is one. It is Australian based also including info from the major leagues around the world.

Ah yes - forgot about that one. Never bought it, but had a couple of galnces through it in a newsagent. Never convinced me to buy it though.
 

Borgsta

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
26,983
132
Melb.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Orlando
good to see Four Four Two doing it Oz style. Used to read the English mag all the time until the internet made it useless as I was reading basically the same article twice.
 

robbieando

Moderator
Oct 9, 2001
17,253
12,506
Spitting Bars
AFL Club
Sydney
Another who is happy with FFT making it way into the Australian market. Been getting the English version going on 4 years now and didn't think twice of getting a copy of the first Australian issue. Good start, though a bit too much relience on the English version's old articles to make it a home run hit, but I gatter that as they move forward they will include more local content and even less English content.
 

sainter

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Mar 5, 2000
14,403
33
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Southampton,Victory,Storm
Any magazine that advocates punching Peter Hoare is fine by me. :thumbsu:
 

tribey

“Gaslight Us Harder, Daddy!” — True Believers
Mar 9, 2003
65,020
178,973
Queen St & Peter Rd
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
NUFC, YES.
mustapha said:
Soccer International is one. It is Australian based also including info from the major leagues around the world.

Soccer International was a disgrace when I last read it back in 1999 or so.

So many errors it was laughable - repeatedly referring to a certain south coast club as "South Hampton" for instance.
 

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hitman

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2002
3,607
214
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Picked it up today, and it is a bit heavy on English content, although as others have said, that will change as our game grows.

I'll continue to get both copies.

If you're in Melbourne and can't find a copy, the newsagency at Melbourne Central (on Swanston St) has a lot of copies.
 

sainter

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Mar 5, 2000
14,403
33
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Southampton,Victory,Storm
dyertribe said:
Soccer International was a disgrace when I last read it back in 1999 or so.

So many errors it was laughable - repeatedly referring to a certain south coast club as "South Hampton" for instance.

After punching Peter Hoare everyone is welcome to follow suit with the editor of that magazine.
 

mustapha

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2001
1,970
9
Bundoora
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
dyertribe said:
Soccer International was a disgrace when I last read it back in 1999 or so.

So many errors it was laughable - repeatedly referring to a certain south coast club as "South Hampton" for instance.

I didn't read the magazine then but it has improved a great deal since if that was the case. It sounds like 4-4-2 is an Australian based view of the premier league. Would that be right or is there more information on other leagues around the world? Is there much info on the A league, local leagues and the Australian national team?
 

Lowie01

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2003
9,235
0
In limbo.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MVFC - 2009 Premiers
mustapha said:
I didn't read the magazine then but it has improved a great deal since if that was the case. It sounds like 4-4-2 is an Australian based view of the premier league. Would that be right or is there more information on other leagues around the world? Is there much info on the A league, local leagues and the Australian national team?

No - there's heaps of stuff on the A-League, but most of the features are from the British version. Still haven't got through all of it yet though.
 

wez10000

Club Legend
Jul 9, 2005
1,883
3
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I Brought a Copy Yesterday and its not bad.

Cant wait to next months feature on THE BOY'S A BIT SPECIAL with Kristian Sarkies and the Interview with Harry Kewell.
 

TheGreatBambino

List Clogger
Sep 22, 2008
2,575
1,801
Moama
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Trinidad
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I’m looking to complete my Aus Four Four Two magazine collection. I only need 4 to finish the complete set 2005-2018

November 2005
September 2007
November 2007
February 2018

If anyone has any of these 4 lying around. Please let me know. Will pay handsomely.
 

Remove this Banner Ad