Current Four police officers killed after pulling over a Porsche 911 on Melbourne freeway

Remove this Banner Ad

A witch?, what a load of s**t.....

Life no parole....

so we had two drug fkd idiots behind the wheel including one in the work place behind the wheel of a truck.

This is no accident and no surprise to anyone that we have drug fkd drivers on the road. That begs the question what responsibility our legislators accept, as they know this is a big problem in society. This is completely avoidable and perhaps "drugs is better treated as a health issue" is not completely true. Yes treat is as a health issue but ban drug users from driving and places of work where their is dangerous machinery or other similar dangers.

Being drug fkd is not acceptable and our legislators should have a think about lives lost due to their piss weak laws.

This truck driver with untreated sleep apnoea said he blacked out before hitting a car on the freeway killing a four year old little boy. Sentence 3yrs 3m with 2yrs 3mths on the bottom. No drugs or alcohol involved.

This truck driver with untreated sleep apnoea said he blacked out before hitting a car on the freeway killing a four year old little boy. Sentence 3yrs 3m with 2yrs 3mths on the bottom. No drugs or alcohol involved.

Livas will serve a non-parole period of two years and three months and will be banned from driving until he can show he is not a danger to others on the road.

How are you supposed to do that

POS Pusey has been in court today applying for bail.
I hope all his chickens are coming home to sit on him and it is denied.
As stated:
Detective Price told the court Mr Pusey fixates on people and that if he received bail, police feared he would interfere with witnesses.
"The accused appears to take a disturbing pleasure causing other people fear or discomfort," he said.
"He would be very driven to harass and intimidate witnesses to get them to either not give evidence or alter their evidence."

www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-11/richard-pusey-applies-for-bail-over-freeway-crash/12233540?utm_medium=social&utm_content=sf233795324&utm_campaign=abc_melbourne&utm_source=m.facebook.com&sf233795324=1&fbclid=IwAR0NMEZGbbKx8Vefo4QDZG88NV1uo9W1ZaMsFqsLnxSaZ8iO8ZEBj9L7YdU

Pusey might want a new mouthpiece...

Asked by Mr Peters how his client could have helped when the injuries sustained were so severe, Det Price said he could have performed CPR, or “he could comfort someone who is dying”.

“You have to be trained to do CPR, don’t you?” Mr Peters said.

Det Price replied: “(Mr Pusey) was a registered nurse, so he has experience in first aid.”

Personally I don't like Pusey but let's take a step back

1) The cops were negligent in pulling him over on a freeway
2) The truck driver was negligent for driving a heavy vehicle with a known psychological issue and drug issue

Pusey is guilty of being a knob and yes guilty of not rendering assistance. However how much can someone drugged off their mind render assistance?

I hope he gets a huge sentence but in reality, this is a George Pell moment all over again. That is guilty of being a piss poor person but probably not guilty warranting a long criminal punishment.

In Victoria 7 years manslaughter 18 Murder not including any discounts, so what are people expecting the sentence to be?

Pusey might want a new mouthpiece...

Asked by Mr Peters how his client could have helped when the injuries sustained were so severe, Det Price said he could have performed CPR, or “he could comfort someone who is dying”.

“You have to be trained to do CPR, don’t you?” Mr Peters said.

Det Price replied: “(Mr Pusey) was a registered nurse, so he has experience in first aid.”
You correct but the lawyer is an idiot to not go back with has he done enough to keep his registration up? Because if he hasn't he is no better at rendering first aid than you or me. Anyway if they agree he was off his tree none of that matters.

2) The truck driver was negligent for driving a heavy vehicle with a known psychological issue and drug issue

Pusey is guilty of being a knob and yes guilty of not rendering assistance. However how much can someone drugged off their mind render assistance?

I hope he gets a huge sentence but in reality, this is a George Pell moment all over again. That is guilty of being a piss poor person but probably not guilty warranting a long criminal punishment.
Police pull people over on freeways every day, no way where they negligent....
and the eastern is a big freeway with a large enough emergency lane

Police pull people over on freeways every day, no way where they negligent....
and the eastern is a big freeway with a large enough emergency lane

if an employee of a public company did what the cops did, and do every day, the directors would be charged with criminal negligence

the fact this is common practice, makes the criminal negligence worse

hopefully they review this practice and put safety first

if an employee of a public company did what the cops did, and do every day, the directors would be charged with criminal negligence

Yeah they should just wait until a situation is safe before attending. Somebody call workcover.

There is also the fact that he was speeding well over the limit with drugs in his system. There are also 4 counts of dangerous driving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Published in The Age today is extra information on Pusey's appearance for a bail hearing in court yesterday. It says that he removed 2 phones from his car as well as a lunch bag, "In which Police later found 2 ziplock bags which they believe contained methamphetamine". It also details his past convictions which include being removed from a plane and being charged & convicted of offensive & disorderly behaviour and being a public nuisance. He was also hit with further charges, perverting the course of justice and other offences.

Yeah they should just wait until a situation is safe before attending. Somebody call workcover.

how hard is it to pull over a driver in a safe place and provide instruction to a driver as to where to pull over. At the end of the day, road safety is everyone's responsibility all the time........not just for some people some of the time. If a cop can't uphold basic safety standards, then they are not fit for work.

PS. Police are not aloowed to pull over my vehicles in WA as I had some dumb cop try and pull me over on a an unsafe section of the freeway....to check my licence. He then tried to do me for failing to stop as I only pulled over in a safe section of the road once leaving the freeway. Needless to say it got pretty colourful and third parties became involved. The government found in my favour (it didn't even go to court) and issued an order never to pull me over again (no different to John Kizon). Safety is a non-negotiable.

4 people lost their lives because of a series of bad decisions. Pusey, the truck driver and the dead cops all F'd up. The drug Fks, for simply being behind the wheel should get jail time. The cops though have paid too big a price for a bad decision but their employer should face criminal neglience (just like a civilian company director) for not putting preventative measures in place to mitigate the clear safety issue.

how hard is it to pull over a driver in a safe place and provide instruction to a driver as to where to pull over. At the end of the day, road safety is everyone's responsibility all the time........not just for some people some of the time. If a cop can't uphold basic safety standards, then they are not fit for work.
Yeah you could be onto something. Maybe they should put speed signs up so people don't drive around at 300km/h. That would save pulling people over at all.

you do realise the section of freeway was a safe spot.. it was a 5 lane freeway.. what else they suppose to do?
it happens 1000's of time every day, every week.. if it was so unsafe why is this the first mass death? because it is safe... lights flashing, police cant help some drug f*cked truck driver on a suicide mission or something.

I am pretty disgusted by your comment. As I’m sure the families and colleagues of the deceased would be. You have essentially implied they were responsible for their own demise.

What exactly about that location was unsafe? Perfectly straight, well lit, 5 lanes including emergency lane. Their red and blues would have been visible for miles. I actually can’t think of a better spot for a traffic stop. Is it simply the speed that is unsafe in your opinion. What is a safe speed zone for vehicle stops, 90? 80? 70? I would suggest a fully laden truck driving into a parked vehicle and 4 people at 60km/hr without braking would have fairly disastrous consequences.

And what if they did follow him to the next exit, what if it’s 10kms down the road and in the meantime he loses control and kills an innocent motorist with the cops just cruising along watching?
And when they get to that exit how exactly do they make the driver actually get off the freeway and not just pull over as soon as the lights go on. And what if they are in the wrong lane to even get off?
In short if you don’t know what you are talking about it’s often best to just shut up.

Last edited:

100% correct. These poor cops were following procedure which unfortunately has led to their deaths.

Pullovers on major roads are bad enough and should always take place in a side street.

Pullovers on freeways are absolute madness. How this has always been allowed to happened is a complete mystery. A 5YO could literally tell you how dangerous it is to be walking around on a freeway.

It’s a staggering oversight of basic safety and it’s cost four lives. It needs to be corrected quickly and/or I hope the victim’s families sue the police force for plenty - because that would force them to change it.

It’s a relatively simply rule change - proceed under the speed limit to the the next location where you can safely pull at least x metres off the freeway. If an exit comes first, get off there and stop in a side street.

Yep.... agree with above. Pulling over cars on freeways is madness. But in certain cases police probably have no choice. That is the conundrum.

They weren't walking around on a freeway, they were walking around in the emergency lane. Which is the whole point of emergency lanes, that they're safe to stop and move around in without getting hit by traffic.

Yep.... agree with above. Pulling over cars on freeways is madness. But in certain cases police probably have no choice. That is the conundrum.

Cops are professionals and should use professional judgement

However the default decision, currently seems to be pull over and hope for the best

They weren't walking around on a freeway, they were walking around in the emergency lane. Which is the whole point of emergency lanes, that they're safe to stop and move around in without getting hit by traffic.

No reasonable person would suggest that is safe

Even a quick search on YouTube attests to the dangers

0km next to “up to” 100km/hr knowing every driver going past is now looking at the flashing lights rather than the road

Sad it has cost 4 lives

Remove this Banner Ad

Back