Current Four police officers killed after pulling over a Porsche 911 on Melbourne freeway

Remove this Banner Ad

I am pretty disgusted by your comment. As I’m sure the families and colleagues of the deceased would be. You have essentially implied they were responsible for their own demise.

What exactly about that location was unsafe? Perfectly straight, well lit, 5 lanes including emergency lane. Their red and blues would have been visible for miles. I actually can’t think of a better spot for a traffic stop. Is it simply the speed that is unsafe in your opinion. What is a safe speed zone for vehicle stops, 90? 80? 70? I would suggest a fully laden truck driving into a parked vehicle and 4 people at 60km/hr without braking would have fairly disastrous consequences.

And what if they did follow him to the next exit, what if it’s 10kms down the road and in the meantime he loses control and kills an innocent motorist with the cops just cruising along watching?
And when they get to that exit how exactly do they make the driver actually get off the freeway and not just pull over as soon as the lights go on. And what if they are in the wrong lane to even get off?
In short if you don’t know what you are talking about it’s often best to just shut up.

You can be disgusted whilst I finger point the decision makers both on the scene and those training the officers and setting police protocols without consideration to safety.

4 officers are dead attesting to the dangers and no doubt loads of other examples across the nation experiencing similar risks.

Now ask yourself if being disgusted prevents this from happening again or whether your disgust prevents a review of process.

Perhaps being disgusted is part of the problem and not the solution.

You can be disgusted whilst I finger point the decision makers both on the scene and those training the officers and setting police protocols without consideration to safety.

4 officers are dead attesting to the dangers and no doubt loads of other examples across the nation experiencing similar risks.

Now ask yourself if being disgusted prevents this from happening again or whether your disgust prevents a review of process.

Perhaps being disgusted is part of the problem and not the solution.
You're either Dick Pussy's lawyer, or you're a major traffic offender who's trying to convince everyone that Police shouldn't intercept anyone, including you, so they continue to commit traffic offences.

Or hes someone who doesnt want this to happen again?

Being a police officer is a highly dangerous profession. They do their best to mitigate those dangers as best as they can but it's impossible to carry out their tasks in a 100% risk-free manner.

See:
What if a truck driver is driving through a side street and sees a witch then decides to drive straight into the police without applying the brakes?

You're either Dick Pussy's lawyer, or you're a major traffic offender who's trying to convince everyone that Police shouldn't intercept anyone, including you, so they continue to commit traffic offences.

Neither

I’m suggesting police should use professional judgement and exercise their duties with safety as a priority.

Further if they do have to pull someone over on a highway or freeway, as it was deemed the best alternative, then they should also consider where they stand and who is on look out.

Alternatively scrap criminal negligence laws for civilians and even the playing field for employers. If a police minister and commissioner can kill workers, then let other bosses do the same without fear of prosecution.

Cops deserve support to make their workplace safer

Just came in here to check if Pusey is still the bigger criminal than the guy that saw a witch and ran over 4 coppers.

Yep.

Never change Bigfooty.
Ive been afraid to ask, but is the truck driver getting off lightly in the media because hes a Overseas Migrant?
It's not just BigFooty, it's society as a whole.

It's disgraceful.

Google search on the 'wealthy porsche driver' and there are thousands of articles. Yeah, he's scum.

Do a search on the Singh fellow, and all we see are articles about how 'deeply saddened' he is. Surely we know a lot more about the incident now, why isn't any of it public knowledge?

FFS, we were told today that Richard Pusey had a property portfolio worth $12 million, and I reckon less than 10% of people could cite the truck driver's name.

It's not just BigFooty, it's society as a whole.

It's disgraceful.

Google search on the 'wealthy porsche driver' and there are thousands of articles. Yeah, he's scum.

Do a search on the Singh fellow, and all we see are articles about how 'deeply saddened' he is. Surely we know a lot more about the incident now, why isn't any of it public knowledge?

FFS, we were told today that Richard Pusey had a property portfolio worth $12 million, and I reckon less than 10% of people could cite the truck driver's name.
Listening to the radio today the news hour stated "Richard Pusey the Porsche driver that fled a crash that killed four Police officers has been denied bail" with absolutely no mention of the truck driver

The guy is a scumbag but the media framing it like that is extremely scummy as well.

He did not kill anyone and the guy that did is getting an absolutely free ride in the media despite an absolute bullshit sounding reason AND drug related stuff being found in his truck.

Imagine if Pusey had said he fled the scene because he saw a witch and how that would be getting a run in the media and public right now.

Right.

Don't get me wrong I'm not upset didn't get bail.

But is being denied bail just because you are a ******* ok?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magistrate on Pusey:
View attachment 876051
Seems fair enough to me.

Now, what's the latest on the driver who actually killed the four police officers?

Anything? Anything at all?

He’s on remand and hasn’t applied for bail. Given that it’s fair to say that Pusey attracts more media attention.

As for the safety conversation, I don’t think anybody should judge unless they have experience in the field.

Pusey is an absolute disgrace of a human being. Might get a couple of years to think about his actions but it won’t be a massive penalty.

Information on Singh might be bit thin until all the investigative reports are in, there's probably much more going on in the background that we can't see. Major police operations maybe and information is being heavily locked down.
That could be true, but it's never stopped media organisations from doing their own digging and sharing any 'findings of interest' to the public.

To date there has been radio silence...

That could be true, but it's never stopped media organisations from doing their own digging and sharing any 'findings of interest' to the public.

To date there has been radio silence...

Even the press know when something is so serious, not to push too hard. imo. This is the worst incident and largest loss of life in Victoria Police history, one of them was just a rookie and they haven't even had a full honours service yet.

We're probably being distracted by Pusey who's shamed humanity, while they get their stuff together on Singh.

Information on Singh might be bit thin until all the investigative reports are in, there's probably much more going on in the background that we can't see. Major police operations maybe and information is being heavily locked down.
Didn't the Police impound some of the other trucks from the same trucking company that Singh worked for due to safety breaches?
Maybe the Police are building evidence against the trucking company as well.
Did Singh try to pull his truck off the road due to a mechanical problem?

Lol this is getting stupid.
The police are doing a very good job at ruining their case against Dick Pusey with their vendetta.

Lol this is getting stupid.
The police are doing a very good job at ruining their case against Dick Pusey with their vendetta.

Ruined how?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back