Current Four police officers killed after pulling over a Porsche 911 on Melbourne freeway

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe searching properties connected to the transport company they were looking for things like timesheets / logbooks seeing if there's a fatigue angle. Transport companies have been prosecuted for it before when one of their drivers slams into a stationary car killing people.

Are Australian/VIC big truck drivers meant to undergo any mandatory form of a regular health assessment via an assessment form/questionairre, or annual personal GP or company nominated GP health checkup?

Are Australian/VIC big truck drivers meant to undergo any mandatory form of a regular health assessment via an assessment form/questionairre, or annual personal GP or company nominated GP health checkup?

I haven't heard of anything like that. If they're prescribed high end/certain drugs though Vic Roads is notified and suspends or cancels their license. So I'm told.

interesting..Pusey gets pulled over and is tested for drugs and returns a positive, any chance he had the ice pipe on him and threw it into the cabin of the truck? be interesting to know what was in Singh’s home..
That was my first thought... that and he thought he may get video of driver.

Have we seen anything yet on the truck drivers results of his tox screen? I haven't noticed it.

Apparently was sent overseas for testing. Up to a 16 week wait for results.

Dont we have the resources to do those tests here?

Or is it a case of sending it to a neutral 3rd party so VicPol cant be accused of bias?

Yes, we do have the resources here and were told of Pusey's results quite quickly. I think it was the truck that was sent overseas for forensic testing? It being sent overseas might have more to do with the level of expertise on that particular make and model.

It would make things a bit more complicated for police if his tox screens came back clean but ice pipes being found in the truck and in his house. They'd need his DNA and trace preferably on both for it carry any weight in the prosecution. I think.

Yes, we do have the resources here and were told of Pusey's results quite quickly. I think it was the truck that was sent overseas for forensic testing? It being sent overseas might have more to do with the level of expertise on that particular make and model.

It would make things a bit more complicated for police if his tox screens came back clean but ice pipes being found in the truck and in his house. They'd need his DNA and trace preferably on both for it carry any weight in the prosecution. I think.

Just owning a pipe isnt illegal is it? They will need a positive on the toxicology report to make sure the charges stick.

What would that prove? If bloods are clean the rest is irrelevant.

Anyway he’s been charged. You don’t charge and hope to gather evidence further down the track.

Anyway he’s been charged. You don’t charge and hope for evidence further down the track.

I can see a scenario where if his tox screens come back clean, it might pave the way for the suggestion that the pipes were planted thereby making the prosecution more complicated. The press has made too much out of the fact the pipes were found, they got that information from the cops so I'd think it plays in somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see a scenario where if his tox screens come back clean, it might pave the way for the suggestion that the pipes were planted thereby making the prosecution more complicated. The press has made too much out of the fact the pipes were found, they got that information from the cops so I'd think it plays in somewhere.

I see what you mean, but he’s been charged already so there’s already compelling evidence to satisfy the points of proof for culpable driving.
The fact that the public doesn’t know what that evidence is doesn’t matter at this stage and all will be revealed later. Positive bloods only provide further corroboration to the culpability.

If bloods are negative, then they’re negative. An ice pipe in a truck is just that, an ice pipe in a truck. DNA on an ice pipe proves about as much as a DNA on a beer bottle at a murder scene, sweet FA.

Could test for amylase on the mouth of the pipe? Anyone know how long it would survive in the environment? It has a half-life of 10 hours according to Google.

If bloods are negative, then they’re negative. An ice pipe in a truck is just that, an ice pipe in a truck. DNA on an ice pipe proves about as much as a DNA on a beer bottle at a murder scene, sweet FA.

Not necessarily imo. If nothing was detected in his tox screens but they could prove use, might it be said he was erratic in withdrawal? I'm not sure the effects of ice use just vanish when it's out of the system.

Could test for amylase on the mouth of the pipe? Anyone know how long it would survive in the environment? It has a half-life of 10 hours according to Google.

DNA lasts a long time on objects and contaminates objects very easily. If you put an ice pipe in my house it could end up with my DNA on it. Likewise if you put a pipe in a someone’s truck the pipe could end up with the drivers DNA on it.

Defence could hypothetically argue that the drivers DNA passed onto it because he moved it with his hand after a mate left it there or it passed from the clothing that had been in the truck onto it.

Simple argument would be passenger left it there and truck contaminated it and any jury would accept that and knock it out.

Bloods influence driving not a moveable object that’s easily contaminated. If they’re negative I would suspect the prosecution would not go down this path as in the eyes of a juror it would look pretty far fetched and desperate and a good barrister would run with this and turn it into a circus.

Not necessarily imo. If nothing was detected in his tox screens but they could prove use, might it be said he was erratic in withdrawal? I'm not sure the effects of ice use just vanish when it's out of the system.

Proving use via items in the house might be a path to go down. Items in bedside drawers, photos on his phone, very recent Doctors reports etc may prove recent use.

However it would be argued very strongly that this is prejudicial and irrelevant (especially with bloods negative) and would need to go through a voire dire and possible interlocutory appeals to even get it admitted as evidence and heard before jurors.

...The Australian Securities & Investments Commission issued a notice of proposed deregistration of Mr Pusey’s firm on April 6. ASIC did not comment on Tuesday but it is understood that it started strike-off action to deregister iSwitchnow Pty Ltd on March 26 and in most cases this is because of a failure to pay the annual review fee...
... His broking firm won several awards up until 2016 and spruiked itself as having mobile lending experts who could travel from house to house.
The firm’s records are based in Gisborne, in country Victoria, and he appears to have worked in the past out of homes in Frankston and Mitcham ...
...At least three major banks have distanced themselves from Richard Pusey’s mortgage broking firm amid claims its loan book was as high as $600m at its peak. Switch Now Home Loans is still promoting links with major institutions across Australia although many of them have distanced themselves from Mr Pusey ...

Registered Date17-01-2012

SWITCH NOW HOME LOANS PTY. LTD.
Main business location​
VIC 3132

Or is it a case of sending it to a neutral 3rd party so VicPol cant be accused of bias?

My brother-in-law died in a car accident 3 weeks ago in Sale, they have told us we have to wait till the end of May before any test results will be available.

My brother-in-law died in a car accident 3 weeks ago in Sale, they have told us we have to wait till the end of May before any test results will be available.

I’m really sorry to hear about your brother in law.

I’ve heard the Coroner’s court is severely backed up at the moment.
It must be an anxious and difficult time waiting to find out.

I’m really sorry to hear about your brother in law.

I’ve heard the Coroner’s court is severely backed up at the moment.
It must be an anxious and difficult time waiting to find out.
Yep my wife had to take her nephew to identify him, we have been told that yes he was in a car accident that resulted in him hitting a tree. However we have been told that the injuries he suffered weren't significant enough to result in his death, so now we are waiting for the test results to come back.

“PS. wouldn’t want a name like Massoud or Chong in this ‘Community’ — Would you? (so much for equal opportunity).”

He also told a council officer he’d see them in Syria and told them they “couldn’t organise a root in a brothel”.

In another, sent on September 8, 2014, he accused the council of treating him, a “white male with a learning and mental health disorder”, unfairly and that an “old lady” got a better deal. would have had a better experience.

In a separate email, Pusey contacted a local figure threatening to “tell everyone that politicians in Cuba could do a job better than you”.

“You should all commit suicide,” he wrote.

“Supreme court, human rights. I remember everything, so do others judging by what’s happening around the World … New W

top bloke

bagging mr chong, shagging misses wang
saying to a policewoman as she lay dying words to the effect of 'I just wanted to get home and eat my sushi and you have f##ked my car' is a line straight out of American psycho, the footage on a current affair speaks volumes

if it were a movie, youd think its unrealistically dark

but apparently not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back