Current Four police officers killed after pulling over a Porsche 911 on Melbourne freeway

When you are resorting to medieval English charges, doesnt suggest to me the case is very strong.

There's a charge that's used currently which is 'offensive conduct' and covers things like sex on a bus, I'm wondering why he wasn't charged with that and if outraging public decency might carry a tougher penalty.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
There's a charge that's used currently which is 'offensive conduct' and covers things like sex on a bus, I'm wondering why he wasn't charged with that and if outraging public decency might carry a tougher penalty.
Not sure but it's not a criminal charge either

Edit: seems it carries a 6 month maximum sentence so he might not have to go back in. Assuming any of the other charges that weren't thrown out and he's found guilty of would run concurrently

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chewton Tigers
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Singh intends to plead guilty

He pleaded guilty today.

'“Guilty,” the 48-year-old driver told magistrate Tara Harnett when asked to enter a plea in the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Thursday.'

'“I was tired, I was tired, couldn’t sleep cos I was seeing that witch, that witch was – that put a spell on me and I couldn’t sleep at all,” Singh told police after the crash.

A doctor found he had ice in his system at the time of the accident and a fatigue expert found he had five hours of “potential rest” in the 72 hours leading up to collision.'

'Singh’s decision to plead guilty to a total of ten charges comes after prosecutors agreed to drop 27 charges against him at a hearing last month.

The other charges included possess methylamphetamine, did deal with $1235 suspected of being the proceeds of crime, possessing 1,4 butanediol and diazapam, possessing catridge ammunition without a licence and another charge of possess proceeds of crime.'

'In a rare move the matter will be uplifted to the Supreme Court of Victoria because of how serious the crime is and the amount of public interest in the case.
Singh will next appear in court on December 11.'

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chewton Tigers

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
'In a rare move the matter will be uplifted to the Supreme Court of Victoria because of how serious the crime is and the amount of public interest in the case.
Singh will next appear in court on December 11.'
Yet Bomber Thompson was whisked out the back door... it's not what you know but who you know.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
how is what Thompson did relevant to this case?
Thompson got what very other first time offender would have gotten.
It's being moved to the Supreme Court only because police were involved. If it was four pedestrians it would not. If anyone without Bomber was found with the drugs he had then he would have been sent directly to jail.

The truck driver is clearly from a lower caste.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dec 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chewton Tigers

"On Monday afternoon, Mr Pusey was charged with making threats to kill, false imprisonment, conduct endangering a person, assault, contravening his bail conditions and committing an indictable offence while on bail as well as using a telecommunication service to harass."

I reckon the charges are either for transgressions against the wife or a family member. Off his trolley and bail recinded. Obviously needs psychiatric help.

He’ll be driven to the point of insanity if he isn’t already by the police behind the scenes. It’s what happens in these cases and pretty much what he deserves.
There is no way of punishing him for what he did to piss them off by law, but they are unbelievably good at ******* peoples lives if they want to.

Me and mum had a massive go at each other this arvo about this case.

"Its his bloody fault if he hadnt been speeding!!!..."
me: "Alot of ppl speed. Did he actually kill anyone tho?"

And she just kept yelling at me "if he hadnt.. if he hadnt".

I just gave up.

Back