Current Four police officers killed after pulling over a Porsche 911 on Melbourne freeway

Remove this Banner Ad

Cop pulls you over for a tail light out....cop gets hit by someone else and dies ....jail for you?

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Stand there and mouth off like a *******, film it THEN * off home ? - yeahhhhhhh worth a stint.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
10 months was way too long

the cops made the mistake of not creating a safe environment and the result of that was death. Sure Pusey is a horrible person but he was persecuted by the public, impacting the courts, police and the corrections officers.

The real criminal got 22 years, the negligent got a death sentence and Pusey unfairly punished.
According to the sentencing judge Pusey had already had two previous community corrections orders. He deserves everything he gets.

jason_recliner

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
The police are responsible for pulling him over (by that I mean when they choose to pull over the vehicle). The police are also responsible once they him over to create a safe environment. This is no different to the state being responsible for prisoner's welfare......campaigner or not.

In this case they should have pulled him over and then instructed Pusey to stand behind the traffic rail on the grass. This safe area was available just three steps to the left. This is what responsible and reaonable person should do. Instead they chose to place their lives, the life of Pusey and the lives of road users at risk.

FTR This relates to a major legislative change here in WA and WA is years behind the rest of the country. Directors must ensure there are safety procedures in place, the safety procedures capture the key risks as measured by a matrix (probability and severity of outcome). In this case the risk matrix would have identified the risk was a car accident, probability low but the severity of outcome death.

Thus a policy of moving to a safe place being required under law.

the policies must be not only in place but adhered to AND monitored, or the directors face criminal negligence.

so commissioner should put his hand up and cop it rather than blame a druggie truck driver or a druggie porsche driver. After all it is the courts that will take care of the druggies.
You're referring to health and safety regulation. Under those regulations we all have a duty of care to each other. Not just directors.

If you're going down that road, pussy had a duty of care to the people dying around him.

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
There are also the other circumstances occurring from the incident for Pusey such as being struck from the roll (not sure if he has yet but he will be), not being able to attend his brothers funeral and the lifetime destruction of his reputation. Would not be surprised if those were taken into account when essentially giving a sentence of time already served.

EDIT: I was sure he was a lawyer but clearly not. Not sure where I got that from

Last edited:
Yes he's a campaigner of a human being. The media have performed a social service in letting everybody know. But sociopaths are wired differently; the world revolves around them, quite literally. Helping others simply does not occur to them, unless for some ulterior motive.

Not sure an inbuilt absence of compassion is punishable on its own. Hence I believe the charge was "outraging public decency".

This - if he had just walked off somewhere and claimed to be a little groggy or in shock and not done the photo thing would everyone be up in arms to the same degree?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This - if he had just walked off somewhere and claimed to be a little groggy or in shock and not done the photo thing would everyone be up in arms to the same degree?
I wonder if drugs influenced his behaviour at all, not just personality. He may have been as high as a kite.

In the sentencing it said he after the event he went to an office and showed a receptionist video of the crash scene!

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I wonder if drugs influenced his behaviour at all, not just personality. He may have been as high as a kite.

In the sentencing it said he after the event he went to an office and showed a receptionist video of the crash scene!
he wasn't, as per the judge's sentencing remarks.

"58 ... Nor is there evidence that you were affected by drugs or alcohol."

Dec 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chewton Tigers
Dec 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chewton Tigers
Pusey an unreconstructed problem child, continues his behavior. He has not changed a bit and the therapy is obviously not working.

Pusey an unreconstructed problem child, continues his behavior. He has not changed a bit and the therapy is obviously not working.

Pusey has had a few careers. Nurse, tram driver and mortgage broker. I know someone that used to drive trams from the same depot and this usually quite spoken person described him as one of the nastiest people he has ever met.

Anyway he has other charges to contend with, including domestic violence so (if guilty) can expect to serve more time in the clink.

Singh has testified against his boss.

A killer truck driver jailed for decades over the death of four police officers on Melbourne's Eastern Freeway has told a court that his boss urged him to "say nothing to no-one" in the moments after the deadly smash.

In the statement Singh claims he went to his boss on the day of the crash and said that he had been "cursed by a witch".

"I told him that I hadn't had any sleep since I had been sent home," Singh said.

"He placed his hand on my head and prayed. I don't remember the exact words of the prayer but I do remember at the end of it he said, 'In Jesus' name I cast the spell out of you'.

"After he prayed on me, he then said, 'OK you are right to go now. I just need you to do the load to Thomastown and then you can come back.'

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
To be fair if one of my work colleagues came to me and said that I would also 'lay hands upon thy head and cast thee out'

As to ''say nothing to no-one' thats also standard media policy for companies. Our company has that policy and the 2 previous ones did also

Its the driving hours that will hurt the company

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
To be fair if one of my work colleagues came to me and said that I would also 'lay hands upon thy head and cast thee out'

As to ''say nothing to no-one' thats also standard media policy for companies. Our company has that policy and the 2 previous ones did also

Its the driving hours that will hurt the company

Not just true in regard to media. If I was in the same position with a staff member it would be my exact advice, whether I'd done anything wrong on my end or not. Was fairly obvious the driver should get legal representation.

Singh has testified against his boss.

A killer truck driver jailed for decades over the death of four police officers on Melbourne's Eastern Freeway has told a court that his boss urged him to "say nothing to no-one" in the moments after the deadly smash.

In the statement Singh claims he went to his boss on the day of the crash and said that he had been "cursed by a witch".

"I told him that I hadn't had any sleep since I had been sent home," Singh said.

"He placed his hand on my head and prayed. I don't remember the exact words of the prayer but I do remember at the end of it he said, 'In Jesus' name I cast the spell out of you'.

"After he prayed on me, he then said, 'OK you are right to go now. I just need you to do the load to Thomastown and then you can come back.'

I don't see "say nothing to no one" as inappropriate. One has the right to remain silent and one has the right to seek legal advice and be composed to ensure one's representations are open, honest and not contradicting.

Making statements in a state of shock is not advisable.

That said asking the driver to do another load is perfect evidence of "criminal negligence". I would be surprised if his boss doesn't get jailed under the relatively new legislation. I think WA's first boss got jailed for 6 months just recently. Using that as a guide, this boss will go for 12-24 months.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Stand there and mouth off like a *******, film it THEN fu** off home ? - yeahhhhhhh worth a stint.

Support the sentiment 100% - but sadly, being a s*it person is not against the law, as Mr Pusey has clearly demonstrated..!

Moreover, in the 'good ol' days' it would not have been a surprise to anyone that Mr Pusey was, 'by pure coincidence', found one morning floating in the Yarra...

Last edited:

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not just true in regard to media. If I was in the same position with a staff member it would be my exact advice, whether I'd done anything wrong on my end or not. Was fairly obvious the driver should get legal representation.
You run over four cops you get legal representation baked in. Basically goes for any indictable offence.

Edit: no guarantee over the quality. I know of a case where a guy was faced with serious assault charges and was assigned a guy who does family law!

Back