Fox Cricket commentary and coverage 2018-19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

holybishop

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
They've got to stop pairing Harsha with Mark Waugh.

AFL Club
Carlton
Mark Howard is not professional enough to be in this position. He keeps talking about fellow commentators selarys and pushing the envelope when it comes to short cuts.jeans unshaven bagging fellow commentators who actually played the game .he is a FOS used car salesman. Not what cricket needs.the rest of the team would be better off without him leave him to the big bash were he can talk about his kids and the surf in G town what a wanker.

AFL Club
Collingwood
With tonight's BBL match, I'm not sure why Fox Cricket think it is preferable to call the game off the television rather than take the Seven feed in full.

Seems like they just can't work out the best way to cover the BBL, which isn't doing lot for the promotion of the series this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Carbine Chaos

Jubilant Masto
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton, Delhi, Perth
Mark Howard is not professional enough to be in this position. He keeps talking about fellow commentators selarys and pushing the envelope when it comes to short cuts.jeans unshaven bagging fellow commentators who actually played the game .he is a FOS used car salesman. Not what cricket needs.the rest of the team would be better off without him leave him to the big bash were he can talk about his kids and the surf in G town what a wanker.
He's fine.

People whinge too much about the commentators.

HahnPremium

Club Legend
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bogle nailed it today.
"kerry is a one man show. He writes his jokes, relays them and then laughs at them."
And nightwatchman should be called cringe watchman. i dont think it knows what its trying to be. Appeal to all denominators high and low of cricket?
Fail.
Warnes anecdote of playing golf with KP was long, boring and the punchline fizzled like a pissed on firecracker. Woeful stuff.

Last edited:

qman

Team Captain
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Traditional vic teams
Bogle nailed it today.
"kerry is a one man show. He writes his jokes, relays them and then laughs at them."
And nightwatchman should be called cringe watchman. i dont think it knows what its trying to be. Appeal to all denominators high and low of cricket?
Fail.
Warnes anecdote of playing golf with KP was long, boring and the punchline fizzled like a pissed on firecracker. Woeful stuff.
Honestly, I have never really found O'Keefe funny, maybe one joke in a hundred and that laugh follwed by the 'Oooohhh' afterwards, like he's just jizzed himself, plain weird and disturbing! Bumble Lloyd, now that guy's a riot, just naturally funny.

Pakenhamsaint

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melb. Stars
With tonight's BBL match, I'm not sure why Fox Cricket think it is preferable to call the game off the television rather than take the Seven feed in full.

Seems like they just can't work out the best way to cover the BBL, which isn't doing lot for the promotion of the series this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well they do advertise it as "Cricket like never before"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lightsxo

Club Legend
AFL Club
St Kilda
I just hope that above all else that we don’t get the ‘pleasure’ of hearing Lee and Healy for the test. Give me someone like AB or Mike Hussey over those two
I understand this is very much in hindsight but I loved Brett Lee’s work on the commentary on the 4th test

Extremely insightful and he let the game breathe and didn’t feel compelled to say a word for saying a word.

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
I have quite a major crush on Abbey Gelmi. I think Tuffers is a really fun commentator.

On the flipside, Waugh annoys me as a commentator, and Symonds adds nothing to the game.

Yet, I think I've just committed to Fox's BBL coverage for the rest of the tournament. I can't deal with the MKR ads any more. I've never seen a minute of the show (did you know it's been going for 10 years?! :rolleyes:) - yet I want to brutally murder every single person on that ad.

Oaktree

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I feel that the 7 commentators have a more pleasant mix compared to Fox.

Never been a fan of Mark Waugh and Andrew Symonds.

I reckon Michael Slater is good on 7 and Andy Maher is much better nowadays.

Foxtel seems to have more bells and whistles with its coverage but Seven certainly do an acceptable job in presenting the game.

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thread starter #166
Fox Cricket's commentary team for the ODI series: Adam Gilchrist Isa Guha, Shane Warne, Mark Waugh, Mike Hussey, Allan Border, Michael Vaughan, Kerry O’Keeffe, Brendon Julian, Harsha Bhogle, Neroli Meadows and Megan Barnard.

Brad Haddin will apparently be a special guest for the match in Sydney.

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thread starter #172
They're doing it for the Asian Cup too. Cricket coverage broke the bank I take it.
I thought they were for the Asian Cup, but I wasn't sure and couldn't be bothered looking into it to confirm.
Fox's Asian Cup commentators (Simon Hill, Sasa Ognenovski, Brenton Speed and Andy Harper) are all on site. Tara, Robbie, Bozza, Kozzie and co are in all a studio.

Top Bottom