Fox Cricket commentary and coverage 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

How good’s this Monkey gate, fly on the wall thing with Gilly, Roy & Binga.
It's a good segment, but it's pretty infuriating hearing Symonds speak about how he felt guilty about causing the whole mess and dragging his mates into it. Hard to believe that in the 2000's someone has to feel guilty about expecting to not get racially abused.

I'll watch the monkeygate show at a later date but do they touch on the controversial umpiring in that game?

Yep, point out that it was possibly the catalyst that caused the frustrations leading to the events that happened.

Having just watched it and seen howlers that went both ways, it really makes me appreciate the modern day DRS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, point out that it was possibly the catalyst that caused the frustrations leading to the events that happened.

Having just watched it and seen howlers that went both ways, it really makes me appreciate the modern day DRS

Am I imagining this or was there a caught behind off Dravid where he literally missed the ball by roughly 6-8 inches?

4:52 in this video is what you're referencing, just after Clarke defended the indefensible on his part.

M Clarke: "I was only 27"

Oh dear.

Also, Adam "I'm So Pure Because I Walked" Gilchrist didn't over himself in glory by appealing for that catch.

I like Chappelli, should enjoy him on Crash's 'Cricket Legends' show but I've heard many of his stories before. I'd love it if Crash could get Bill Lawry on his show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Craddock can be a bit of a flog, and for some reason people seem to have turned on Whateley, but I really enjoy having the hour of Cricket 360 at the close of play. It’s the show I never knew I needed til we had it.

Of course having such a compelling series helps the show a lot.

Came into the thread to post on this show which I'm really enjoying. For me it is highlighting the chasm between Craddocks and Robbo's performance on AFL360.

Crash has eloquent delivery, behind the scenes tidbits that arent common knowledge and help the viewer have an understadning on issues from the players perspective, and generally very succint and insightful opinions on the actual game related talk (technique, captaincy etc.)

For me it is really highlighting how poorly Robbo does in the same role.

BBL THIS WEEK ON FOX CRICKET

Wednesday, December 19

Game #1 – from 6.45pm AEDT with B4 the Bash
Brisbane Heat v Adelaide Strikers
Commentary: Adam Gilchrist, Jess Yates, Andrew Symonds and Michael Vaughan.

Thursday, December 20

Game #2 – 6.45pm AEDT
Melbourne Renegades v Perth Scorchers
Commentary: Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Sarah Jones and Mark Howard
Followed by Episode 6 of Cricket Legends – Crash Craddock is joined by Brett Lee

Friday, December 21
Game #3 – 6.45pm AEDT
Sydney Thunder v Melbourne Stars
Commentary: Adam Gilchrist, Mark Waugh, Mike Hussey and Megan Barnard

The Night Watchmen will premiere at 10.30pm AEDT – Join The Professor, James Rochford, for a late show like you’ve never seen. This is a late night ungentlemanly look at the gentleman’s game, this week Darren Lehmann and comedian Matt Okine join the show.

Double-header – Saturday, December 22

Game #4 – 3.00pm AEDT
Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers
Commentary: Adam Gilchrist, Mark Waugh, Isa Guha and Jess Yates

Game #5 –6.30pm AEDT
Brisbane Heat v Hobart Hurricanes
Commentary: Mark Howard, Andrew Symonds, Ian Healy and Tom Morris

Sunday, December 23
Game #6 – 6.45pm AEDT
Adelaide Strikers v Melbourne Renegades
Commentary: Adam Gilchrist, Sarah Jones, Mike Hussey and Darren Lehmann

Followed by Episode 3 of The Cricket Tragic

Xmas Eve Double-header – Monday, December 24

Game #7 –3.15pm AEDT
Hobart Hurricanes v Melbourne Stars
Commentary: Mark Howard, Shane Warne, Isa Guha and Tom Morris

Game #8 – 6.45pm AEDT
Sydney Thunder v Sydney Sixers
Commentary: Brendon Julian, Mark Waugh, Kerry O’Keeffe and Megan Barnard

Vaughan being an A-grade campaigner on Twitter. News at 6.
Micky vaughn is a legend in his own mind and is perfectly entitled to chuck a few grenades into the aussie camp.. good looking
dude and also very inciteful and also won't stoop and kiss the toes of anyone..

sad he is not carrying on with season..

Double-header – Saturday, December 22

Game #4 – 3.00pm AEDT
Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers
Commentary: Adam Gilchrist, Mark Waugh, Isa Guha and Jess Yates

Game #5 –6.30pm AEDT
Brisbane Heat v Hobart Hurricanes
Commentary: Mark Howard, Andrew Symonds, Ian Healy and Tom Morris

Xmas Eve Double-header – Monday, December 24

Game #7 –3.15pm AEDT
Hobart Hurricanes v Melbourne Stars
Commentary: Mark Howard, Shane Warne, Isa Guha and Tom Morris
For those playing at home, these games are Fox exclusive

God help those listening to the Heat vs Hurricanes match on Fox

I tried watching the Heat v Strikers match. Admittedly the game was a total bore, but after listening the Symonds going on for about 2 overs on how to cook a turkey, I just gave up. Self indulgence is all very well, but I don't think it will ever replace entertainment.

This Crash Chappelli interview is another doozy.

and he’s right into Sir Donald.

There's a lot of history between Sir Donald and Chappelli going back many years. There was a lot of bad blood between Bradman and Vic Richardson that Chappelli touches on, and feels Bradman always had it in for him because of his grandfather. We all know Bradman never voted for Chappelli as captain of Australia but he was outvoted by other board members, plus Chappelli and Bradman were at war over player payments.

I remember Chappelli's comment that Bradman was more responsible for the advent of World Series Cricket than anyone. Greg Chappell had many battles with Bradman as well when he was captain of Australia.

WHICH MUST BE BROUGHT INTO BBL AFTER LAST NIGHTS PATHETIC UMPIRING

There's a lot of history between Sir Donald and Chappelli going back many years. There was a lot of bad blood between Bradman and Vic Richardson that Chappelli touches on, and feels Bradman always had it in for him because of his grandfather. We all know Bradman never voted for Chappelli as captain of Australia but he was outvoted by other board members, plus Chappelli and Bradman were at war over player payments.

I remember Chappelli's comment that Bradman was more responsible for the advent of World Series Cricket than anyone. Greg Chappell had many battles with Bradman as well when he was captain of Australia.
Ian Chappell's two great skills are captaining cricket teams and holding grudges.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back