Fox Cricket commentary and coverage 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Bogle nailed it today.
"kerry is a one man show. He writes his jokes, relays them and then laughs at them."
And nightwatchman should be called cringe watchman. i dont think it knows what its trying to be. Appeal to all denominators high and low of cricket?
Fail.
Warnes anecdote of playing golf with KP was long, boring and the punchline fizzled like a pissed on firecracker. Woeful stuff.

Last edited:
Bogle nailed it today.
"kerry is a one man show. He writes his jokes, relays them and then laughs at them."
And nightwatchman should be called cringe watchman. i dont think it knows what its trying to be. Appeal to all denominators high and low of cricket?
Fail.
Warnes anecdote of playing golf with KP was long, boring and the punchline fizzled like a pissed on firecracker. Woeful stuff.
Honestly, I have never really found O'Keefe funny, maybe one joke in a hundred and that laugh follwed by the 'Oooohhh' afterwards, like he's just jizzed himself, plain weird and disturbing! Bumble Lloyd, now that guy's a riot, just naturally funny.

With tonight's BBL match, I'm not sure why Fox Cricket think it is preferable to call the game off the television rather than take the Seven feed in full.

Seems like they just can't work out the best way to cover the BBL, which isn't doing lot for the promotion of the series this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well they do advertise it as "Cricket like never before"

I have quite a major crush on Abbey Gelmi. I think Tuffers is a really fun commentator.

On the flipside, Waugh annoys me as a commentator, and Symonds adds nothing to the game.

Yet, I think I've just committed to Fox's BBL coverage for the rest of the tournament. I can't deal with the MKR ads any more. I've never seen a minute of the show (did you know it's been going for 10 years?! :rolleyes:) - yet I want to brutally murder every single person on that ad.

I feel that the 7 commentators have a more pleasant mix compared to Fox.

Never been a fan of Mark Waugh and Andrew Symonds.

I reckon Michael Slater is good on 7 and Andy Maher is much better nowadays.

Foxtel seems to have more bells and whistles with its coverage but Seven certainly do an acceptable job in presenting the game.

Fox Cricket's commentary team for the ODI series: Adam Gilchrist Isa Guha, Shane Warne, Mark Waugh, Mike Hussey, Allan Border, Michael Vaughan, Kerry O’Keeffe, Brendon Julian, Harsha Bhogle, Neroli Meadows and Megan Barnard.

Brad Haddin will apparently be a special guest for the match in Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're doing it for the Asian Cup too. Cricket coverage broke the bank I take it.

I thought they were for the Asian Cup, but I wasn't sure and couldn't be bothered looking into it to confirm.

One big improvement which needs to be made by either network covering the cricket is the camera work. This summer the work has been pretty poor.

Someone at Fox needs to pull Warne in, ruined tonight's BBL commentary just talking absolute s**t all the way through.

This incessant promotion of Stoinis for the Test team is wearing a bit thin. He was a bit like a rambling drunk with that s**t about whether the bat was grounded last night in the ODI as well. He can be actually quite insightful at time but he talks a hell of a lot of s**t as well. I guess we should be thankful that we've been spared from hearing about his favourite kind of pizza this year (dirty rotten pineapple).

Is there a thread dedicated to Warne’s atrocious commentary? He’s been bad in every game. Makes Dwayne Russell sound like a god.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back