Fox Footy 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Im all for a 3 hour gambling show with odds, multis, best value bets, novelty bets etc. rated M and after 9pm. And every ad break is just betting ads.
So long as every other show and ad break is free of betting references and ads.

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
There are plenty of people out there who like to gamble within their means, and since the legislation in the States there have been plenty of betting shows pop up (and plenty before that mind you). There is a market out there for people who may want to talk some niche betting things that you don't get on AFL 360 when the odds simply appear.
They said clubs couldn’t survive without pokies they kicked up a stink when cig advertising got band.
You realise the only people that say the industry can’t survive with out it are the ones collecting from it.
I don’t gamble and don’t think it should be illegal but the saturation is shocking and if saturation advertising doesn’t influence impressionable young people why do they spend so much doing it.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They said clubs couldn’t survive without pokies they kicked up a stink when cig advertising got band.
You realise the only people that say the industry can’t survive with out it are the ones collecting from it.
I don’t gamble and don’t think it should be illegal but the saturation is shocking and if saturation advertising doesn’t influence impressionable young people why do they spend so much doing it.

Yeah look I can't really say I know enough about the pokies and cig advertising. I know that my team still profits from pokies and I don't really see an alternate revenue stream so I personally hope they keep them for a while.
I mean a station like SEN seems to be pretty much advertised 80-90% by gambling companies. Not sure what Fox Footys percentage would be but it's definitely keeping a lot of people in a job.

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah look I can't really say I know enough about the pokies and cig advertising. I know that my team still profits from pokies and I don't really see an alternate revenue stream so I personally hope they keep them for a while.
I mean a station like SEN seems to be pretty much advertised 80-90% by gambling companies. Not sure what Fox Footys percentage would be but it's definitely keeping a lot of people in a job.
Its also helping people keep food off the table, alter their mental state.
SEN has turned trash from it.
Listeners drop off more gambling ads repeat !
The presenters don’t even know which betting agency they are suppose to plug!
I pay for kayo and only switch on in game but I feel for the plight of others.
The biggest gambling spend is mostly in the areas of the vulnerable.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Heard Ben Dixon say Bounce was the number 1 show on Fox Footy. That's crazy it rates so well. I've never met anyone who admits they watch it.

TP86

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How does Fox Footy let Montagna wheel out his "ladder is set" stuff every week? Are they actively arguing for the viewer to disengage with more than three quarters of a season worth of dead rubbers? It's the worst schtick going in media and talks down the product.

How does Fox Footy let Montagna wheel out his "ladder is set" stuff every week? Are they actively arguing for the viewer to disengage with more than three quarters of a season worth of dead rubbers? It's the worst schtick going in media and talks down the product.
Caught a little of that, it was followed by Dixon having a go at Ken Hinkley for not writing off the season when a reporter asked him if Port can still make finals. Dixon reckons that he was giving Port fans false hope. It was some of the dumbest commentary I've ever heard.

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Caught a little of that, it was followed by Dixon having a go at Ken Hinkley for not writing off the season when a reporter asked him if Port can still make finals. Dixon reckons that he was giving Port fans false hope. It was some of the dumbest commentary I've ever heard.
Yep, that was cringe. I like Dicko for obvious reasons but I fear he makes these silly statements to try & stay somewhat relevant in the media.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Face to Face is not too bad, Touk Miller was fantastic !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back