Fox Footy 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Ya know you could just not watch it if you don't like it
If you don’t like a post you could just ignore it. Which of course yes also applies to me replying to yours.

There's no football on and they are talking about things that happened in the past. Not every story has to be a moral lesson for children

Well the level of conversation in the AFL live show doesn't revolve around who is the best bloke to go out and get smashed with or leaving a guy unconscious on a bar floor after giving him, and l quote, " gave him the best six punches you will see".
Grown men, and ex players who are given the privilege of working in the media in the after life of their careers, have a moral obligation of not promoting alcoholism and assaulting members of the public.

Tough gig being an all-footy station when there's no footy. They've got to try things. But the "Live" thing that seems to run all afternoon is batcrap boring. Having no footy is boring. but not as boring as watching people talk about no footy being on. Every day, for hours at a time.

Just show some old games and docos with maybe a half-hour news show in the evening.

here's player x, show his top 5 most influential games. here's club y, show some of their most prominent rivalry games. Herald Sun have been doing the top 20 modern day players from each club, you could have a panel discussion on that. you could have one of those fantasy redoing the draft shows. they have media people with lots of experience, they could talk about some behind the scenes stories of broadcasting, or the changes in broadcasting since 80s/90s/2000s etc.

I guess viewers would prefer more classic games though, rather than discussions. (cheaper to produce too)

Tough gig as a station right now.
Do not envy them in this time.
Have to get creative.

Maybe introduce a segment where each day the question"where's X at?" is asked. Where X is a footy club.
When that's done, interview the CEO from each club.
Then the president
Then the captain
Then a random player from each club.

Maybe introduce a segment where each day the question"where's X at?" is asked. Where X is a footy club.
Then the president
Then the captain
Sounds good. Cant wait for suns segment

Then the president
Then the captain
Maybe, there are lots of different ideas they can run with but not everyone is going to be happy with them.

For mine, when I look at the big picture, do I want a dedicated footy channel 24 hours a day? * yeah, I may not watch it much, but I do want it there for when I do really want it, so I am reluctant to bash every idea they have even if some are not what I would go with myself. I am happy to pay for my Kayo subscription as I want sports that I like to have dedicated channels. But in these times even channels and Fox Sports channels could go and never come back.... You just never know. Would not take much for cable services to go under if virtually all of us cancel our subscriptions over a few months.

Maybe, there are lots of different ideas they can run with but not everyone is going to be happy with them.

For mine, when I look at the big picture, do I want a dedicated footy channel 24 hours a day? fu** yeah, I may not watch it much, but I do want it there for when I do really want it, so I am reluctant to bash every idea they have even if some are not what I would go with myself. I am happy to pay for my Kayo subscription as I want sports that I like to have dedicated channels. But in these times even channels and Fox Sports channels could go and never come back.... You just never know. Would not take much for cable services to go under if virtually all of us cancel our subscriptions over a few months.

What gets me about Fox is the virtually show no content from their first iteration 2002-06. Remember the Headliners show by Jason Bennett? That was a ripper, but it’s nowhere to be seen. All we get is the same ‘classic’ games over and over and the repackaged (top 50 and your team wins). Having said that, the cricket channel is garbage right now. I’m barely interested in Big Bash when it’s live let alone seeing the Hurricanes and Scorchers on a loop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be interested in a 30 minute package of a past players career, highlights, best games, high and lowlights, finals performances, a summation of their career and what they then moved onto post-career.

The footage would be available to stitch together for virtually any player from the past 50-60yrs.

Struggling with Fox Footy at the moment...Jonathon Brown was a huge presence on the football although he played his best football after the 3 Premierships were won. Meaning their were other more influential players that got them over the line. However as a commentator he is as dumb as dogshite. Adds absolutely nothing to the program. Sounds like a hick and acts like one. Glad I do not have Fox on at home and if i did I would not be watching Browny.

What gets me about Fox is the virtually show no content from their first iteration 2002-06. Remember the Headliners show by Jason Bennett? That was a ripper, but it’s nowhere to be seen. All we get is the same ‘classic’ games over and over and the repackaged (top 50 and your team wins). Having said that, the cricket channel is garbage right now. I’m barely interested in Big Bash when it’s live let alone seeing the Hurricanes and Scorchers on a loop.

The Cricket channel will struggle unless the IPL series can get going. International Cricket seems a long way off.

to me, the point of watching the classic games is the total experience of how everything was, including the commentary (for better or worse). I have little to no interest in a re-commentated classic game.
Especially when the commentary is so poor......the adulation for Kouta during the Ess-Carl final was disgraceful. The identification of who was playing on him in the final Qtr was pathetic assassination of one of the Ess players. Made me think a lot less of Brown and King is a dropkick.

Very early days, but I think they’re doing a pretty good job, under the circumstances. The live show is a breath of fresh air.

I'm really enjoying Fox Footy Live. I know I don't need to tune in tor the whole 3 hours but when I do there is always an interesting conversation. Dermott, King and Robbo discussing the potential game changes (smaller lists, less access to replays/stats for coaches etc.) was really interesting.

I'm really enjoying Fox Footy Live. I know I don't need to tune in tor the whole 3 hours but when I do there is always an interesting conversation. Dermott, King and Robbo discussing the potential game changes (smaller lists, less access to replays/stats for coaches etc.) was really interesting.
Yes agree very good with Derm, Dunstall and Robbo especially. Does fall down when their lesser lights come on.

When Robbo held up the Richmond indigenous jumper on Fox Footy last night and him and Gerard babbled on about it for a few minutes, I realised that one reason why I've really enjoyed Fox Footy during 'lockdown' is that they have been sitting back and talking about footy and other issues without going through the motions of the constant and repetitive promotion of different jumpers, pointlessly themed rounds, etc. The shackles have been off and it's been very refreshing.

When Robbo held up the Richmond indigenous jumper on Fox Footy last night and him and Gerard babbled on about it for a few minutes, I realised that one reason why I've really enjoyed Fox Footy during 'lockdown' is that they have been sitting back and talking about footy and other issues without going through the motions of the constant and repetitive promotion of different jumpers, pointlessly themed rounds, etc. The shackles have been off and it's been very refreshing.

Says a lot that Fox has been more entertaining without footy than when the footy is on and I think I know why.

With footy they’re all so far up their own a**** yet without it, it’a more natural, looser and far less bogged down in over analysis of pathetic little issues and agendas.

to me, the point of watching the classic games is the total experience of how everything was, including the commentary (for better or worse). I have little to no interest in a re-commentated classic game.
Couldn’t agree more. The 99 prelim Final they talked about an umpire having a comb over. I doubt drew or sandy gave that a thought on the day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back