Fox Footy 2020

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
not just fox footy and Im not sexist but having females on these footy shows makes the whole thing a bit meh.

Dunno why. Just prefer listening to ex players and broadcasters like the great 90s AFL

Think it depends on who it is, if it is someone with experience like a Caro, Sarah Jones or Emma Quayle then they can add something but there are plenty of male commentators who are just boring.

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Just flicked it over to Fox Footy for "1990s classics" to watch a game from 1995 - Carlton v Footscray. Carlton were up by 8 goals so I thought there must have been some huge Footscray comeback to warrant getting a run on TV 25 years later. So I looked it up - Carlton win by 98 points.

Who's doing the programming at Fox????

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Just flicked it over to Fox Footy for "1990s classics" to watch a game from 1995 - Carlton v Footscray. Carlton were up by 8 goals so I thought there must have been some huge Footscray comeback to warrant getting a run on TV 25 years later. So I looked it up - Carlton win by 98 points.

Who's doing the programming at Fox????

I think they’ve been showing big bags being kicked the last few days, which is good as it’s games they don’t usually show in the off season. This game had Sticks kicking 10 and they’ve had Jonathan Brown, Jason Heatley and Dunstall kicking 10+ bags the last few days in landslide wins. They should be re-naming them something other than “classics” though.

MJG14

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
I swear everytime I look on Fox Footy during the off season Essendon v Brisbane 2005 is on. They flog that match.

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
They also have a thing about showing the Carlton V Adelaide 2001 elimination final as a "classic match"

Still unsure why a 68 point win to Carlton deems this a classic game.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
In the past, Fox Footy had to show Ch7 with ads when streaming online. Did that change this year with the updated/extended broadcast deal, or am I confusing something with something else.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
In the past, Fox Footy had to show Ch7 with ads when streaming online. Did that change this year with the updated/extended broadcast deal, or am I confusing something with something else.

"ad-break free during play" (after each goal)

Naturally, this applies to kayo as well as happened last night. Pay = no watch ads, FTA = have to watch ads..trade off.

Been reading a few posts about programs on FOX Footy available later on kayo.....NO, incorrect, they're shown at the same time on kayo, like One Night in Brisbane, Nick & Dusty...shown at the SAME time on FOX/Kayo.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Naturally, this applies to kayo as well as happened last night. Pay = no watch ads, FTA = have to watch ads..trade off.
In the past, Kayo and Foxtel Streaming took the raw Ch7 feed with ads. I found out that this changed this year due to the updated broadcast agreement which saw Telstra remove AFL live pass and switch their customers to Kayo.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
In the past, Kayo and Foxtel Streaming took the raw Ch7 feed with ads. I found out that this changed this year due to the updated broadcast agreement which saw Telstra remove AFL live pass and switch their customers to Kayo.

yes...PIA it was...'kennoying having to watch ads even tho you've paid already !!!

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Are they seriously not flying to the ******* games? That's bloody amateur stuff I'm sorry.
As with the radio stations who are doing the same thing, I'd rather have some local no-names commentating from the ground, instead of the so-called "big guns" doing it from a studio in Melbourne.
Triple M have been doing it for years on the 3:20 pm Sunday games. FFS, they didn't go to Ballarat a couple years ago, and called the game from the studio in South Melbourne.

Last edited:

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jordan Lewis is starting to develop a habit of talking over his co-presenters.

It's not endearing.

Getting a bit sick of all the gambling stuff.

Have never been a huge fan of it, but it's feeling over the top now.
I turned on 360 the other week and they were running through the odds for the upcoming games with Daisy Thomas for some reason. I didn't hang around to find out why. Can't remember that happening before.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
I turned on 360 the other week and they were running through the odds for the upcoming games with Daisy Thomas for some reason. I didn't hang around to find out why. Can't remember that happening before.
It's definitely a turn-off. Apart from the fact that the extent that it's now pushed has probably gone a bit far, it's also very boring.

Back