Fox Footy 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

And from the 4-5 episodes I saw, it absolutely sucked.

I said a year ago that the show should've ended with Spud, cos he really was the show - the episodes I saw this year really backed that up, because a mediocre-but-light hearted post-round show really became unwatchable swill this season.

I totally get the need to have a woman on the show. Representation is important, and they should have a woman on their panel every week - but Sharni Layton is just so not a tv star. Give me Tegan Higgenbotham. Given me Sarah Jones. Give me Neroli Meadows (in a past employ.) Give me the other Sarah (formerly of Triple M I think?) who seemed to disappear from Fox Footy this 'rona year. Give me any number of female comedians from Melbourne who understand AFL much better than many men would give them credit for. Give me any number of AFLW stars deserving of a greater media profile.

Layton's not the worst thing on the show - Bernie Vince was just as intolerable, it's just that he doesn't even need replacing. The show should be Dunstall, Gaze, Mooney (minus the cringeworthy numerology that isn't helped by Dunstall telling us every week that it sucks), and whoever the most appropriate woman is who fits the tone of the show and has some charisma (which I though was Tegan from her appearances, but this thread at the time suggested otherwise. So give me Sarah. Or give me someone from AFLW who has some charisma like Darcy Vescio.)

Bernie vince is extremely annoying.

Croc media has well and truly diluted the value of Monday night TV review shows. Not sure if it is good or bad, but the way it is.

On the Couch/Talking Footy (is that even still on?) needs to be on direct after the last game to be as effective as it was a generation ago.

Bounce should be a Wednesday/Thursday night slot to compliment The Front Bar (lead in before) to be more effective IMO,

Croc media has well and truly diluted the value of Monday night TV review shows. Not sure if it is good or bad, but the way it is.

On the Couch/Talking Footy (is that even still on?) needs to be on direct after the last game to be as effective as it was a generation ago.

Bounce should be a Wednesday/Thursday night slot to compliment The Front Bar (lead in before) to be more effective IMO,
None of the shows you just talked about are produced by CrocMedia.

On the couch: Fox Footy
Talking Footy: Ch7 (cancelled)
Bounce: Fox Footy
The Front Bar: Ch7

CrocMedia don't produce Footy Classified either. That's done by JamTV (Eddie McGuire's company)

really pissed off with the advertising fest that is fox these days. the original model was you pay to avoid polluting ads. they have as many ads as the free-to-air channels now. s**ts me.

Whateley sounds like he gets a semi when he talks about COVID restrictions.

Apparently the eagles signing the song with masks on was great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey all, what's the deal with the lack of full replays in the week following? Instead I'm getting nothing but these mini bits garbage.
Are they asking me to stop subscribing? Because this will do it.
The mini's are made for kayo. Not sure why Fox Footy aren't showing both the mini and the full replay back to back. Probably some scheduling decision from higher up to justify the cost of making them. Silly but that's middle management for you.

The mini's are made for kayo. Not sure why Fox Footy aren't showing both the mini and the full replay back to back. Probably some scheduling decision from higher up to justify the cost of making them. Silly but that's middle management for you.
The minis are on the AFL website too.

The issue is if I wanted Kayo I'd get it - I got Foxtel for the full replays and they can't be arsed to show them. This might just be my tipping point - well done Fox. 20 year customer out the door.

The issue is if I wanted Kayo I'd get it - I got Foxtel for the full replays and they can't be arsed to show them. This might just be my tipping point - well done Fox. 20 year customer out the door.
If you only have Foxtel for Sport, get kayo. If your TV doesn't support apps, chromecast TV costs like $50 and you get the full experience.

the full replays are there you need to search for them and stream them/download them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back