Fox Footy 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t want to be biased, but I think that you don’t need to defend bad commentators. I have noticed more than once that if the game is bad but a great commentator, then I get more pleasure from watching it.

It looks like they've sold the problem of how to squeeze in Buckley

I like Gerard but shows can benefit from changes here and there so I don't mind his departure. I assume Lyon hosts and I would like to see Buckley join the show. I wouldn't have a problem if they returned to three members with Lyon, Riewoldt and Buckley.

Surely they need someone to suggest new classics to play. How many times can the Nick Davis match be played? Surely wouldn’t be that hard to get some unique games from the early 000s to current. I wonder if I email them a list if they would take any notice?
I don't know why they don't give a day to each club in off season. There's some clubs seldom represented. Plus, it provides 18 days of content [even add in Fitzroy and if enough vision exists, South Melbourne].

Line-up for 2022 has been announced.

New 'entertainment' show called Best on Ground to air after the Saturday night game. Mark Howard to host, with Kath Loughnan, Jonathan Brown and Nathan Buckley. Apparently it will also include 'comedic' sketches. It sounds a bit too much like The Bounce for mine, but also dangerously venturing into Live and Kicking territory.

On the Couch moves to the earlier time of 6.30pm Mondays. Not sure about this either. I think 7.30 would be better if they wanted an earlier timeslot, with perhaps AFL360 only going Tue - Thu.

There's also Face to Face, which sounds like a new interview program for the post-Open Mike era, with Fox Footy experts doing the interviewing (and not just one regular host)

A variety show shall be introduced this year featuring kath loughlin, buckley, reiwoldt n, and music by..... russell robertson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that mean no more Saturday Stretch? Does it mean no post-game like Sunday afternoons where they abruptly cut to a children's show as soon as the siren goes? All for a 'comedy' show won't last to the first bye round?

It's been good to see more live content slowly trickle into their lineup even if it is s**t stuff that I won't watch like First Crack, or the new Fox Footy Live show they're sprouting. Just feel like the channel should be so much more than just boring game replays. How is there not a fantasy show or a betting show.

The variety show sounds lame because Jono Brown and Riewoldt aren't exactly good to watch on TV at all, I'm really not sure about the channels obsession with them. Brown was good on the one episode of his podcast I've listened to but he's painful on TV. I think they'd be better off getting a few mid sized fanbase comedians involved to provide a few laughs from social media rather than forced crap from former players.

It's been good to see more live content slowly trickle into their lineup even if it is sh*t stuff that I won't watch like First Crack, or the new Fox Footy Live show they're sprouting. Just feel like the channel should be so much more than just boring game replays. How is there not a fantasy show or a betting show.

The variety show sounds lame because Jono Brown and Riewoldt aren't exactly good to watch on TV at all, I'm really not sure about the channels obsession with them. Brown was good on the one episode of his podcast I've listened to but he's painful on TV. I think they'd be better off getting a few mid sized fanbase comedians involved to provide a few laughs from social media rather than forced crap from former players.

agree brown is not a polished but he's ok.

what do you mean by mid sized fanbase comedians? Comedians who support teams with a medium number of fans?

I like First Crack and a fantasy show would be excellent, but a hard no to any more ******* betting advertising.

agreed. no need for betting ads, more of them.

gamble responsbilty/

agree brown is not a polished but he's ok.

what do you mean by mid sized fanbase comedians? Comedians who support teams with a medium number of fans?

agreed. no need for betting ads, more of them.

gamble responsbilty/
No I mean comedians with mid range sized fan bases. Not your mainstream Aussie comedians that would charge a packet like Mick Molloy, Dave Hughes, Will Anderson etc, rather your smaller comedians that are usually a lot funnier like the Junktime guys or someone like the Goodboy Footy Energies guy.

A
It's been good to see more live content slowly trickle into their lineup even if it is sh*t stuff that I won't watch like First Crack, or the new Fox Footy Live show they're sprouting. Just feel like the channel should be so much more than just boring game replays. How is there not a fantasy show or a betting show.

betting show???
I’ve turned off 90% of football programming because it’s all betting crap.
I can’t even watch pregame with my kids anymore.

A

betting show???
I’ve turned off 90% of football programming because it’s all betting crap.
I can’t even watch pregame with my kids anymore.

I understand there is over saturation of that and I'm not really sure of the answer to that because it funds so much of the game these days. It's something you need to accept and probably educate your children on being able to make the correct decisions, just like alcohol.

There are plenty of people out there who like to gamble within their means, and since the legislation in the States there have been plenty of betting shows pop up (and plenty before that mind you). There is a market out there for people who may want to talk some niche betting things that you don't get on AFL 360 when the odds simply appear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back