Game Day Fox Footy 50 / 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Fox showing the 50 greatest games over the last 50 years, as voted by viewers. Starts tonight, with NM vs Geelong PF in 94. This should be number 1, best game I've ever watched and been to, even though we lost. Should have been an inquiry into the free kick count!

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 3.48.29 PM (2).png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember being annoyed Sydney won that Prelim.

At the time an Essendon v North Melbourne GF wouldve been amazing.

Sydney were never gonna beat North.

Same with Carlton in 99. Ess v NM in 99 Wouldve gone down as a classic

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a good concept but it's severely compromised for its 70s/80s content being basically limited to only the games Fox have access to.

The only reason the 1980 Saints/Dons game is there is because of the Phil Carman incident; in truth it's an ordinary game between two poor sides of the year.

Similarly, the 1978 Dogs/Saints game was a one-sided slaughter between non-finalists only notable because of Templeton's goalkicking feat.

Even as a Richmond fan, don't know why the incredibly one-sided 1980 GF is here.

Options from 1990s onwards are a lot better but as others have said, the 2004 Dons/Hawks is a joke being on here. Only interesting for a 3 minute brawl which you can watch on YouTube anyway.

2004 round 11 Ess v Hawks is the line in the sand match? Bombers smashed it by like 10 goals, how is that in the top 50 matches? Top 50 brawls yeah but come on
The Essendon hawks game which Lloyd clubbed Sewell and a young Hurley kicked the bombers into the finals was way better. Probably not top 50 but a cracking game.

I remember being annoyed Sydney won that Prelim.

At the time an Essendon v North Melbourne GF wouldve been amazing.

Sydney were never gonna beat North.

Same with Carlton in 99. Ess v NM in 99 Wouldve gone down as a classic

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Had that happened, we probably would have still won 96, they probably would have won 99.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back