FTA-TV Fox Footy announces 5 new shows

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/fi...n/news-story/64b89430070d8d9556d25ef5ed467053

FIVE new shows highlight a revamped Fox Footy line-up for the 2018 AFL season.
Several AFL greats have signed on for the season, along with some fresh faces across both game day broadcasts and midweek shows.

Here’s everything you need to know.

On Wednesday evenings at 8.30pm, Sarah Jones, Neroli Meadows and Kelli Underwood will host On the Mark, a fresh new show focusing on the personal side of the game.

With a panel predominantly comprised of women, the show will feature in-depth interviews focusing on the personalities rarely seen on traditional football shows.

“This is going to be game changing,” host Eddie McGuire said at the Fox Footy season launch.

“I’m sincere about this because this is not a gimmick, this is not getting on the bandwagon of women in sport. These are three genuine stars of the media. Great callers, great journalists steeped in football tradition, understand the medium and are bona fide stars.

“They’re leading the charge here on Fox Footy.”

This will be immediately followed by another new show: The Beep Test.

Hosted by comedian Dave Thornton, The Beep Test is a hilarious, fast-paced half-hour of footy trivia, nostalgia and entertainment filmed in front of a live audience.

Comedian Anthony ‘Lehmo’ Lehman and Fox Footy favourite Brian Lake will be the two team captains, with guest footy nuts to join their respective teams each week.

The fun continues on Thursdays, with The Weekend Lowdown to provide a lightning-fast preview of the weekend’s footy.

The best preview show on any screen, anywhere, the Weekend Lowdown features the likes of Nick Dal Santo, Leigh Montagna and Cameron Mooney along with some new faces to take a fun look at the latest news, social media trends, SuperCoach and tipping.

Saturdays have also been revamped, with Saturday Stretch now on fans’ screens after the biggest day in footy.

Saturday Stretch, hosted by Neroli Meadows, Dermott Brereton and Brad Johnson, will feature provocative and entertaining discussions that focus on the biggest talking points from Saturday’s five games.

The show will provide a comprehensive wrap of the day’s action and include live crosses to conferences, the late games and interviews — all to ensure the viewer is up to date.

The fifth show to be added to the line-up is Bob. Beginning mid-year, Bob Murphy will sit down with some of the modern game’s biggest names to find out what makes them tick.

I expect 'On The Mark' to be Fox Footy's version of 'League Life' on Fox League.

For all Eddie's grandstanding it feels a bit sexist. Create a show about the players private lives (interviews with the wives and girlfriends, footage of them playing with their kids) and give the show to three women, leave the actual footy discussion for the boys.

Obviously I haven't seen the show and hopefully I'm wrong but that's just the vibe I get from the show description.

For all Eddie's grandstanding it feels a bit sexist. Create a show about the players private lives (interviews with the wives and girlfriends, footage of them playing with their kids) and give the show to three women, leave the actual footy discussion for the boys.

Obviously I haven't seen the show and hopefully I'm wrong but that's just the vibe I get from the show description.
And they are not "genuine stars". Dumb s**t like that just invalidates his whole point, he is such a dumbarse sometimes. Having said that, good luck to them. I genuinely like Sarah and Neroli on the footy broadcast.. I wont be watching the other shows though, sounds horrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brian Lake is a "Fox Footy Favourite"? Based on what? Even worse I read another PR statement calling him "Fox Footy's funny-man". A low bar by that stations standards but spare me.

Wouldn't surprise if League Teams is gone; increasingly redundant in the modern day with how team announcements are staggered out and positional listings don't really matter anymore. And in anycase always found the show pretty boring despite their efforts to jazz it up last year by sitting in an 'informal' setting with newspaper strewn everywhere (ironically enough dating the look of it).

Actually agree with this; I never watched it but didn't the original 2002-06 Fox Footy channel having something like this called 'Living With Footballers' which was hosted by a group of players' wives and girlfriends? If so, for journalists and broadcasters to get a similar role is actually a step backwards.

Fox footy shows generally are pretty average. 360 was ok years ago but is stale, old and now boring. Robbo doesn't add much and Gerard thinks he's too smart for everyone else and can never even consider that he could be wrong. I am a AFL fan first and foremost but keep an eye on the NRL. The Matty Johns show with Fletch, Hindy etc is by far the best footy talk show on foxtel. I watched it last night in preference to the footy show. They talk rugby topics but its also bloody funny, and they are more then happy and enjoy taking the piss out of each other and isnt so PC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back