• Kayo

Votes: 45 44.1%
  • Channel 7

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 26 25.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

‘Bought’ - translation: Got one for free when Telstra changed us to the NBN and paid $20 for the other one from my nephew who didn’t want his 👍. Might try picking up a Kodi also somewhere to see it’s like. Thanks for the recommendation. 🙋🏻‍♂️
Yeah that's cheap. To buy a Telstra TV new is around $90 or eBay have them for $50-$80, hence my Android TV boxrecommendation.

I have 2 Telstra TVs myself, I used 1 of them for Kayo up until the Android TV app came out.

The Kodi add-on is also very good and because it exists, you can add the Foxtel channels from Kayo in to Kodi as IP channels using the live TV function. I have the channels on my home page of Kodi so I can watch without entering the Kayo add-on or launching the Android app!
Brilliant.

Last edited:
I find chromecast is fine. If you already have one, it's worth trying. Just make sure it's a gen 3 or Ultra - gen 1 or 2 will work but only up to 720p and aren't officially supported.
Yeah, I (and two other users in my family) haven't had a problem with Kayo on Chromecast. Certainly recommend using the Chromecast's 50Hz mode for Kayo though.

The Kodi add-on is also very good and because it exists, you can add the Foxtel channels from Kayo in to Kodi as IP channels using the live TV function. I have the channels on my home page of Kodi so I can watch without entering the Kayo add-on or launching the Android app!
Brilliant.

How does one do that?

How does one do that?
Do what ? Make the channels link to the live tv function?

You need the add-on IPTV simple client at a minimum and you then add the web address for the channels in to it.
Good to also use IPTV merge as well, then you can have FTA channels in your list as it will merge multiple m3u8 feeds together:

Some links are here:

IPTV merge, Kayo Kodi add-on, Kayo Kodi feed & FTA feed addresses here:
https://www.matthuisman.nz/search/label/KODI?m=1

More info on kayo add-on and using direct channel feeds here:

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2788029

Iptv simple client guide here:

The add-on is actually already available to install in the pre loaded Kodi add-ons repository...

https://www.omgtv.rocks/content/configure-iptv-simple-client-kodi

See how you go.

What do you mean? What are you running kodi on? Plug that in to your Samsung TV.

There's now Samsung TV app.
Should that read 'no' Samsung tv app? Just did a search and nothing comes up.

Rang up to cancel my Foxtel subscription today. Told them I was moving to Kayo since my "sweetheart" $39/month for Sport HD no-lock in deal that I've had for the past year was about to end and return to $69/month.

They came back with a $33.50/month Sport 4K no-lock in deal for the next 12 months so I've decided to stay with them for the time being. I figured that the extra $8.50 month over Kayo was worth it to get 4K and not having to shell out for a Chromecast or similar as I normally stream on my PS4. Was also put off Kayo a little bit by Feel's comments about excessive ads on the Ch 7 feed.

They know streaming is the future and are cannabilising their own business with Kayo, but are still fighting tooth-and-nail to keep their existing cable/satellite customers. I'll revisit my decision again when Kayo has a native PS4 app as ultimately I'm going to go there.

Moral of the story, if you're not on a fixed-term contract with Foxtel and paying $50+/month for sport, do yourself a favour and call them to cancel and you'll get a much better deal.

Anyone else having KAYO issues tonight? can;t watch the footy (probably not a bad thing given the team) because it isn't working. better be up before the Port game tomorrow!

Anyone else having KAYO issues tonight? can;t watch the footy (probably not a bad thing given the team) because it isn't working. better be up before the Port game tomorrow!
Just checked and I can’t see the Melbourne Bombers game on there either.
Luckily I can watch fta until I get bored and start flicking over to Netflix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dead for me as well mate, just tried then.

So many issues with Kayo and an ugly messy interface to match, any word from Kayo about fixing this?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LOL - Cancelled my Foxtel Sports pack a couple of months ago and now just received an email from them telling me that because I was such a "valued customer" they were gifting me 12 months free Sports Pack with no contract!

giphy.gif

Am I doing something wrong, or am I right in saying that Kayos picture quality is not as good as Foxtel HDs footy picture quality? Obviously I’ve chosen the HD quality, but geez, the bitrate is balls, along with the picture quality when they show zoomed out shots..

Have I missed a trick here, or is everyone that is happy with the new service (and left Foxtel) just accepting this compromise and moving on?

For me, I can’t five up the HD quality of Foxtel compared to what I’m seeing with Kayo.. (and I’m running on the top tier speed Telstra cable which allows Netflix 4K to run perfectly)

Am I doing something wrong, or am I right in saying that Kayos picture quality is not as good as Foxtel HDs footy picture quality? Obviously I’ve chosen the HD quality, but geez, the bitrate is balls, along with the picture quality when they show zoomed out shots..

Have I missed a trick here, or is everyone that is happy with the new service (and left Foxtel) just accepting this compromise and moving on?

For me, I can’t five up the HD quality of Foxtel compared to what I’m seeing with Kayo.. (and I’m running on the top tier speed Telstra cable which allows Netflix 4K to run perfectly)
Change the quality settings to Auto. Sometimes when you set it on HD, it will stick on 720p. But when on Auto it should go to 1080p

Just got kayo. Find 2 other people to split it with, 3 screens for $35 p.m. Split it three ways, $11.66 a month for sports pack.

Happy days.

Change the quality settings to Auto. Sometimes when you set it on HD, it will stick on 720p. But when on Auto it should go to 1080p

Cheers for the tip, but I’ve tried that. I mean, it’s definitely good, and fully acceptable, but it’s a clear level below the HD picture through a foxtel box to me. Just wanted to check that’s the same for all others who switched (when being honest about it, putting costs aside).

I can completely understand why people make the switch, but for me, the combination of a clear superior picture/bitrate and also no ads on the biggest games of the round (ie all fri night games), means I’d rather pay the extra $5 a week for it.

Cheers for the tip, but I’ve tried that. I mean, it’s definitely good, and fully acceptable, but it’s a clear level below the HD picture through a foxtel box to me. Just wanted to check that’s the same for all others who switched (when being honest about it, putting costs aside).

I can completely understand why people make the switch, but for me, the combination of a clear superior picture/bitrate and also no ads on the biggest games of the round (ie all fri night games), means I’d rather pay the extra $5 a week for it.
Not sure what's going on with yours then? What are you using to watch it?
In my opinion, Kayo has looked as good (and sometimes better) as Foxtel HD.

I’m heading O/S for a month and was wondering if anyone can recommend a decent (cheap) VPN so I can stream Kayo while I’m over there? I’ve researched a few but honestly don’t know anything about them...

I’m heading O/S for a month and was wondering if anyone can recommend a decent (cheap) VPN so I can stream Kayo while I’m over there? I’ve researched a few but honestly don’t know anything about them...
Try Private Internet Access

I use them and its a quality service
If you only need a month it will cost you $9.95USD (around $14 Australian)
If you have a device it has an iOS and Android app as well

Back