Jackyboy

Debutant
Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Atlanta Falcons
This might be a stupid question. But if I have Foxtel and my brother doesn't, can my brother use Foxtel go on his ipad with my login details?

In my best Homer Simpson impersonation.... ssssshhhhhhh.... shut up...

Mr Smiff

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2007
North of Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Most Aussie sports
This might be a stupid question. But if I have Foxtel and my brother doesn't, can my brother use Foxtel go on his ipad with my login details?
That's a good question
...and it also goes around the other way.
I have unlimited download, but if I go to someone else's house where they have limited download.....do I the "break the Bank" if I use my iPad in his house?

Jackyboy

Debutant
Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
That's a good question
...and it also goes around the other way.
I have unlimited download, but if I go to someone else's house where they have limited download.....do I the "break the Bank" if I use my iPad in his house?

at 435mb per hour on low quality via wi-fi i would assume so depending on your brothers internet deal

yes

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Yes, you can have 2 devices logged in per foxtel subscription. Doesn't go far though if you have both an ipad and iphone logged in as that's your 2

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
The afl app would be better if you want to watch games on your device as that is unmetered (since telstra own the AFL web media rights). Even if it does cost you an outlay to buy the app.

Jackyboy

Debutant
Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Is it games only? Or all the shows too like 360, Open Mike, etc?

If only Fox offered their streaming content to people overseas. They own the content so I see no reason why they couldn't do it. Sigh.

Yes all big rating shows like 360, open mike, after the bounce, the hangar, etc

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Anything you download through your foxtel box is unmetered on Telstra, like Catch Up TV.

The Foxtel Go app on iphone and ipad, it isn't.

The AFL app is unmetered through Telstra.

What if you access the internet via the wifi function using my telstra plan that has foxtel?

Carusiii

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Juventus, LA Clippers
Yep, its unmetered if you are with Telstra bigpond, used the Foxtel GO app the whole night the boston bombings suspect was being chased (was watching fox news, sky news etc in bed) etc and it was all unmetered, B-E-A-UTIFUL!

Mar 16, 2007
Showers Stand
AFL Club
Essendon
The old 'mobile foxtel' for iPad was unmetered. I think that still exists, and is still unmetered, but it's a separate cost on top of any foxtel that you may or may not already pay for.

Yeah Mobile Foxtel is still around and unmetered, and it works quite well, but it doesn't hold a candle to something like Foxtel Go.

Unconfirmed reports around the interwebz that the unmetered issue with Telstra on 3G/4G is under negotiation. Also that some have used it on WiFi or 3G and it has been unmetered.

Wooljay

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2009
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
This iDevice exclusivity bullshit is so out of touch with the way the smart phone use is trending, give us a paired release with Android you wangs.

Back