Moved Thread Fox Footy Programs

Remove this Banner Ad

Cincinnatus

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
What do people watch on Fox Footy?

I am so over AFL 360 - I like Gerard but Robbo is irritating. Its become pretty vanilla and their guests are stale.

Bounce has descended to full on trash TV and Moons make me cringe.

Really enjoy On the Couch. I think the 4, whatever we think of them individually, balance each other really well. I wish it went for 2 hours and they paced their way through topics because they often talk over the top of each other because its so fast. I'd love them to have to time to really talk it through.

Open Mike is always worth a watch.

Haven't watched On the Mark or whatever that new one is with the comedians is. Want to know whether im missing out.

What do you watch and like/hate?

Thanks for recommendations/opinions.

What do people watch on Fox Footy?

I am so over AFL 360 - I like Gerard but Robbo is irritating. Its become pretty vanilla and their guests are stale.

Bounce has descended to full on trash TV and Moons make me cringe.

Really enjoy On the Couch. I think the 4, whatever we think of them individually, balance each other really well. I wish it went for 2 hours and they paced their way through topics because they often talk over the top of each other because its so fast. I'd love them to have to time to really talk it through.

Open Mike is always worth a watch.

Haven't watched On the Mark or whatever that new one is with the comedians is. Want to know whether im missing out.

What do you watch and like/hate?

Thanks for recommendations/opinions.

The coaches night on AFL360 is a snore fest. They say nothing.

Even Gerard is insanely overrated. He tries too hard with terminology to sound smart and only says what people want to hear out of his own safety.

On The Mark only good panel show alongside On The Couch. Open Mike is nice but guests are getting to desperation point at this stage.

Need a show with just David King / Paul Roos talking football - or one where Brad Johnson gets made fun of by everyone.

I watch bits of things here and there. I see it like a 24 hour news channel outside of actual games, you can only watch so much before you see the same stuff being regurgitated in different ways

I've watched all the AFL programs, and despite it not being on Fox, The Front Bar is the most enjoyable; have a good laugh every time.

None. Honestly, I've never seen a bunch of line-walkers in any other sport. It's a f***ing boys club and none of them have their own opinions. They're all terrified to upset anyone. Case in point, in any other sport we would hear people actual talk about such incompetent and inconsistent umpiring.

None. Honestly, I've never seen a bunch of line-walkers in any other sport. It's a f***ing boys club and none of them have their own opinions. They're all terrified to upset anyone. Case in point, in any other sport we would hear people actual talk about such incompetent and inconsistent umpiring.

Yeah it is very rare to hear anything about controversy or s**t calls by the umps or MRP or tribunal or whatever. Although i did see Jono Brown on Monday call out Christian/ Hocking a bit, seemed a little fired up. Wonder if he got a talking to after to keep his conspiracies to himself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it is very rare to hear anything about controversy or s**t calls by the umps or MRP or tribunal or whatever. Although i did see Jono Brown on Monday call out Christian/ Hocking a bit, seemed a little fired up. Wonder if he got a talking to after to keep his conspiracies to himself

Brown, funny enough is one of the best of them. In any other sport doubt he'd even get a TV spot after retiring. That's how low the AFL media bar is set!

This is spot on the money. It annoys me so much when you are watching the footy and there is the most obvious awful umpiring call and maybe at best 1/100 bad calls they’ll say I think that was the wrong call...but the two other commentators quickly say nah he got it right there even if he clearly didn’t.

It’s annoying as *, and they treat the umpires with absolutely zero accountability in any form of the game, AFL House, commentators, media etc.

This is spot on the money. It annoys me so much when you are watching the footy and there is the most obvious awful umpiring call and maybe at best 1/100 bad calls they’ll say I think that was the wrong call...but the two other commentators quickly say nah he got it right there even if he clearly didn’t.

It’s annoying as ****, and they treat the umpires with absolutely zero accountability in any form of the game, AFL House, commentators, media etc.

It's a bit joke from top to bottom. How can you have such an important job have no accountability? They have more power than the f***ing players to sway a game? Time and time again we see momentum change because of a few shocking calls. I don't understand how we got to this.

For all the s**t 360 cops, both of them sat there on Monday night detailing why each match review decision was clearly wrong.

On The Couch is crap, Healy is useless, as is Lyon, and Brown is unlistenable. Roos is good but can’t save it.

I actually prefer Robbo to Gerald on AFL360. He says some rubbish sometimes but I think he genuinely loves the game and his passion shows. Gerald is just a Geelong fanboy. How often is his "hero", or "looking forward to" a Geelong player or Geelong game. And while he likes to intellectualise stuff, he's not nearly as smart or insightful as he thinks he is.

I never watch the show live, but IQ it, and then fast-forward through the boring bits, which usually amounts to at least half of each show.

I occasionally watch OTC. It's improved this year with the booting of King. I wish they'd get rid of the special guest interviews, which are rarely interesting, and use the time this would free up to analyse stuff in the games just played.

Can't watch Bounce. The new show that has replaced League Teams is dreadful. (Not that I used to watch League Teams.) On the Mark shows promise but I wonder whether they'll be able to generate enough content to keep it going. The interview with Bogut felt like filler because they couldn't get a more relevant (to a footy show) guest.

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments of the other posters re. umpiring criticism. Yes, it is a hard job, and a hard game to umpire, but that does not mean umpires are above reproach. Association football panel shows in England spend half the time discussing refereeing decisions, and although major decisions (penalties/cards/offsides leading to/denying goals etc.) in football has a much greater bearing on the final result than in Australian Rules football, the multitude of s**t calls can and does have an effect on the outcome of some AFL matches, whether those in the establishment want to admit this or not. We really could have an hour or even half-an-hour show a week on umpiring decisions in the weekend's matches and that would be something I would happily tune into. Or it could just be integrated into the existing panel shows; they can criticise players, executives and the MRP, so why can't umpires be subject to the same standards. It doesn't need to be over-the-top, or personal i.e. dissecting whether a decision is right, without needing to point the finger at individual umpires/call them out by name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back