Bumped Fox 'Open Mike' latest: Denis Banks tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

I could be be wrong but I don't remember Millane getting suspended!

Like jathanas said above they had presence on the field...........especially Millane.

I still remember Anderson (Essendon) would stand a couple metres away from him out of fear :D

Add the late Chris Mainwarring as another who avoided Pants, especially after an incident at the Tunnel.

Like jathanas said above they had presence on the field...........especially Millane.

I still remember Anderson (Essendon) would stand a couple metres away from him out of fear :D

Not sure. Probably mightn't be so 'lucky' to avoid in this day and age though I suspect.

Add the late Chris Mainwarring as another who avoided Pants, especially after an incident at the Tunnel.

I remember at Vick Park him putting Woosha on his arse........fairly mind you.
No mean feat considering Woosha was one tough nut also.

Absolutely awesome team in 1990.......real camaraderie. Play hard........live hard!

The team of 2010 could have learnt a lot from them!

Not sure. Probably mightn't be so 'lucky' to avoid in this day and age though I suspect.

As Banksy said different times.........different footy back then!

Millane got suspended quite a few times. I remember a couple of 2-3 weekers.

I was just stirring GG. Just found it funny to read two posters getting a bit heated about the merits of skid mark humor. Sometimes I just love reading the strange side roads we go down in these forums.

Usually more entertaining than the highways...

There'd be a lot of suspensions though.

Yeah, but I was mainly referring to fearlessness and hardness at the ball, rather than the man, and guys looking out for their mates on the field. Although we could do with more larrikins too. Swanny may be the last of a dying breed.

I think they might have, although only the 'party' bit!

The 1990 boys had an excuse to party.......a lot of blood, sweat & tears went into ending that Premiership drought!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 1990 boys had an excuse to party.......a lot of blood, sweat & tears went into ending that Premiership drought!

So the 2010 side didnt work just as hard?
They ended a 20 year drought and were knocking on the door a lot more than the 1990 side.
Should hav got multiple premierships out of both squads

I remember at Vick Park him putting Woosha on his arse........fairly mind you.
No mean feat considering Woosha was one tough nut also.

Absolutely awesome team in 1990.......real camaraderie. Play hard........live hard!

The team of 2010 could have learnt a lot from them!
I believe he also knocked Woosha off the ball before handballing it to Daics for "that goal" at Waverley in the drawn final.

Geez what a great bloke Banksy is. Great interview. The current side should take a leaf out of the 1990 and 2010 sides. The camaraderie in those sides is something we lack now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez what a great bloke Banksy is. Great interview. The current side should take a leaf out of the 1990 and 2010 sides. The camaraderie in those sides is something we lack now.
The camaraderie of 2010 was destroyed by the club and to a degree MM. The current side is a product of the culture change mantra and leading teams. You can't just hope the blokes become more like the ones that that were exited in part for being like they were.

So the 2010 side didnt work just as hard?
They ended a 20 year drought and were knocking on the door a lot more than the 1990 side.
Should hav got multiple premierships out of both squads

Never said that ksardog.......a lot more heartache before the 1990.

20 years "wait" was a walk in the park :drunk:

The camaraderie of 2010 was destroyed by the club and to a degree MM. The current side is a product of the culture change mantra and leading teams. You can't just hope the blokes become more like the ones that that were exited in part for being like they were.
We didn't have leading teams in those years. It was one in all in. Unfortunately the culture change that has occurred has ruined the club.

Banksy could go. And as skinny as he was, he went like a cut cat. The beauty of Banks as a player was in the late 80s he was on the periphery of the team and then he reinvented himself and found a niche in that 1990 side. He was hard at it was Banksy. And I still reckon a mark he took at VIC park against Geelong in about 1984 when he launched and pretty much was horizontal across a number of players heads and took the mark was one of the best I've ever seen.

sure it wasnt this one at the western oval in 84 ?

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-06-12/banks-screamer-30-years-on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back