Win Prizes Fox Swift and the Golden Boot - Post your favourite Cyril moment - 5 copies to give away

Remove this Banner Ad

Mine would be the spectacular smother and intercept in the 2014 GRANDFINAL against Tippett. You remember that?

In all seriousness though, everything he did in the 2008 Grandfinal! Outstanding! The tackle, goal... inspirational!

In the 2008 GF Cyril, out on the wing not only went twice as they say "second effort " he went three or four efforts and beat 3 opponents and finally got the ball to a team mate, after being tackled and just never giving up. That is a Cyril moment I will never forget , it is a football moment that will probably never be repeated that was history in the making. This young man is close to the best footballer I have ever seen!

I'm probably too late - but what he did in the dying minutes against Collingwood this year defied logic, physics and reality. If he didn't do what he did Williams takes posession and the ball lands in the hot spot with Collingwood just a kick down. It was pure poetry. I actually applauded him steal the game away from us. Pure magic.

Providing the inspiration for Adam Goodes

824681-cyril.jpg

...and performing the rare "double reverse Martin"

cyril-rioli_118q00lgde29d1qneza9srw092.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back