FoxFooty calling interstate games remotely

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand finals- at the ground. Origin from the studio (if not in NSW).
That's good, not so much Origin outside of NSW but bodes well for Fox commentating the AFL GF from the ground.
I was already certain they'd call all the other finals from the grounds considering they turned up to them last year.

8:20 Caro says Fox Footy went missing by calling the Showdown from a studio while admitting she works for a radio station that also calls games from a studio.

I guess the only difference being is that you cannot see the mistakes the commentators are making you just have to trust that they are calling the game accurately.
Still also shouldn't happen nonetheless.

Don't even get what's the point of Healy and Johnson today telling me what I can already see myself. They'd be better just having Huddo just commentating solo. It would save a lot of their precious money too.

I was at the Port v GWS game. At one point the big screens showed Josh Carr in the coaches box and the crowd broke into a spontaneous and loud round of applause. Josh looked a bit embaressed but it was a nice moment. On the TV replay the same reaction was described by suggesting that Josh was listening to the commentary team. If they had been at the ground they would have known what was really going on.

I was at the Port v GWS game. At one point the big screens showed Josh Carr in the coaches box and the crowd broke into a spontaneous and loud round of applause. Josh looked a bit embaressed but it was a nice moment. On the TV replay the same reaction was described by suggesting that Josh was listening to the commentary team. If they had been at the ground they would have known what was really going on.
They were joking. They'd been talking about Carr taking over from Hinkley so the TV cameras went to Carr in the box (which also got shown on the big screen at the stadium). Carr smiles so they say he's "listening". They know he's not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks enzso. If they were joking then it's not exactly comedy gold. A better thing to tell the tv audience would have been about the warm reception that Josh got from the Port crowd. In other words if they know what is going on at the ground (which is debatable) then why not just say that instead of BS.

I take it this is still going on with the Fox callers? They just send the boundary rider usually Dal Santo to the game.

I don’t think Gerhard Healy has seen the inside of an airport for 4 years.
I don't Gerard has offered up a good special comment in 6 years

I take it this is still going on with the Fox callers? They just send the boundary rider usually Dal Santo to the game.

I don’t think Gerhard Healy has seen the inside of an airport for 4 years.
Brad Johnson is happy to travel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back