FoxFooty calling interstate games remotely

Remove this Banner Ad

As if David King wasn't going to justify it. How much better is it for him unless he has a girl in each state he likes to visit. Saved himself hours of time and hassle.

Whatley lapped it up as he is always calling from the studio.
I'd froth at being paid to travel interstate for a weekend each week. Paid airfare, accommodation, how good

You'd tire of it quickly particularly when time zones keep changing.
A maximum 3 hour time difference (now 2)?

For what they're paid, they have to suck it up.

Many emergency service personnel do rotating shifts, many people work multiple jobs to make ends meet.

Yet, somehow these precious commentators need to be given some leniency?

The poor petals.

It was, and should be part of the job description.

Take it, or leave it.

Last edited:

Many emergency service personnel do rotating shifts, many people work multiple jobs to make ends meet.

The poor petals.

Take it, or leave it.

See the post replied to.
Get someone close to you to give you an uppercut.

I'd froth at being paid to travel interstate for a weekend each week. Paid airfare, accommodation, how good

I agree they should do it but over the season it would get a bit much. Especially if you are doing a Saturday and a Sunday game. In Huddo and Dwaynes case they also call for Radio on a Friday night but don't leave the state for that either.

The poor petals.

Take it, or leave it.
It would get tedious and tired-some, but that should be the catch of having the job. Can't expect a job to have no cons

Simple solution - develop commentators in states outside of Victoria. Reduces or eliminates the need for travel, ensures the commentary team is at the ground and gives the audience a variety of voices

It's not just the commentary teams, more behind the scenes as well. Could be wrong but can't see it happening this year and maybe even next until contracts are renegotiated.

I agree with you, that's the way to do it.

With Fox calling a game in every state every week in the new broadcast deal, I'd expect to see them base a team in every state, with 2-3 based in vic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Fox calling a game in every state every week in the new broadcast deal, I'd expect to see them base a team in every state, with 2-3 based in vic.
I would guess they would still be calling at least the games on 7 off TV. Fox call the FTA games off TV for the NRL

It's not just the commentary teams, more behind the scenes as well.
Yep - you're spot on.

To my understanding, they already have the bulk of support staff and equipment required in each state (cameras and operators, wardrobe, makeup etc.).

Come to think of it, I think each state already has a local director, vision switcher, graphics and so on.

So for the broadcast, who actually needs to fly and be accommodated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back