FoxFooty calling interstate games remotely

Remove this Banner Ad

Any reason why Fox couldn't just have teams of callers in each of the various states; at least it would provide something fresh and we wouldn't have to put up with the same boring commentators game after game from Dwayne, Dermie, Kelly Underwood, King etc.

Occasionally you hear the likes of Adam Papalia over in the west and a few others and they are good callers who just call the bloody games without the theatrics, barracking and benign drivel the others are known for. At least you have people at the ground and if Fox want there pre and post shows, they can still do it from the Vic studio.

They want guys like Huddo and Dwayne calling. That's what they consider to be their best callers.

I think it's also the crew off camera as well.

I agree that appears to be the easy fix. In the end if it doesn't cost them viewers they don't really care.

Any reason why Fox couldn't just have teams of callers in each of the various states; at least it would provide something fresh and we wouldn't have to put up with the same boring commentators game after game from Dwayne, Dermie, Kelly Underwood, King etc.

Occasionally you hear the likes of Adam Papalia over in the west and a few others and they are good callers who just call the bloody games without the theatrics, barracking and benign drivel the others are known for. At least you have people at the ground and if Fox want there pre and post shows, they can still do it from the Vic studio.
presumably we will get more state based callers when Fox is allowed to do their own commentary on the ch7 games in the new agreement.

presumably we will get more state based callers when Fox is allowed to do their own commentary on the ch7 games in the new agreement.
Judging by Fox League, I'm sceptical as they do all their games out of Sydney. Steve Crawley is in charge of both networks.

I honestly dont notice them calling it remotely. The standard of commentary in our sport has been so dire for so long i guess ive grown accustomed to it...

Havent had the sound on for friday night footy in years now. Mute, music on, and watch peacefully
Largely agree. Have been muting Fox especially for years. They haven't been offering insightful analysis when at the ground, what's the difference when they're not there?

Cadman snaps for goal from about 30 metres out
Derrrrrrwayne..

Cadman!!!
You're kidding aren't cha!!

Ball falls 10 metres short of the goal line marked comfortably by Swans defender on his chest.

Calling from the Sth Melbourne studio no issues whatsoever......

I wonder though how much of that is being off-tube and how much is down to this modern style of commentating where they forever pre-empt something happening by screaming at the top of their voice only for a goal to be a behind or a mark not to be taken. Presumably this is so the networks can then play the grab on subsequent highlights packages.

Shock horror - Kath Loughnan, Jordan Lewis and the Smiling Assassin Brad Johnson are all at the Adelaide Oval for today's game.

Stocking up on reds and whites? 😉

Shock horror - Kath Loughnan, Jordan Lewis and the Smiling Assassin Brad Johnson are all at the Adelaide Oval for today's game.

Stocking up on reds and whites? 😉
Was Huddo? His call of Nobles goal in the last seemed like he wasnt

Big difference today in Bombers Cats game having them there. They were able to tell us how we were trying to cover Cameron and how we were setting up …which we clearly couldn’t see. A few other insights as well that just couldn’t be done from a studio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cadman snaps for goal from about 30 metres out
Derrrrrrwayne..

Cadman!!!
You're kidding aren't cha!!

Ball falls 10 metres short of the goal line marked comfortably by Swans defender on his chest.

Calling from the Sth Melbourne studio no issues whatsoever......

Came here to post this.

Didn’t they also screw up Florent’s game winning attempt to win the game against Port not realising it would fall short?

Came here to post this.

Didn’t they also screw up Florent’s game winning attempt to win the game against Port not realising it would fall short?
that was 7 and they usually are at the ground so I think that's a Luke Darcy competency issue

Stab in the dark, it'll be a WA-style sitch.
One local commentator, one boundary rider, two calling from Sth Melbourne.
Hopefully not. It’s a 45 minute flight and a 20 minute drive to the airport.

MMM back in the day used to get chartered flights.

Enjoyed having the local crew of Adam Papalia, Pavlich and Will Schofield call the game in person at Optus. The commentary was an improvement. If they can’t be assed flying over then a team based in the west is the only alternative

Enjoyed having the local crew of Adam Papalia, Pavlich and Will Schofield call the game in person at Optus. The commentary was an improvement. If they can’t be assed flying over then a team based in the west is the only alternative
It's what they've been doing all year. Generally with one Melbourne based expert commentator too.

Yeah, good one Leigh Montagna...

Goulden(sic) on centre wing somehow kicks it to Goulden who has "drifted" into the forward 50.

Somehow kicked it to himself and covered the 50-odd metres in a second.

Twas actually Campbell (blond hair) kicking it to Goulden (dark hair).

That's just plain incompetence.

Can't use calling off the TV as an excuse.

Yeah, good one Leigh Montagna...

Goulden(sic) on centre wing somehow kicks it to Goulden who has "drifted" into the forward 50.

Somehow kicked it to himself and covered the 50-odd metres in a second.

Twas actually Campbell (blond hair) kicking it to Goulden (dark hair).

That's just plain incompetence.

Can't use calling off the TV as an excuse.
Not that all trained commentators are brilliant but I hate this shoehorning of ex-players into the lead commentary role.

And another Leigh Montagna ripper...

"Swans come to Melbourne next week."

Not even pretending to be at the ground.

Serious flog of a commentator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back