FTA-TV Foxtel’s “The Merge”

Remove this Banner Ad

• Banned
Not yet, but planning too. It’s available on catch up.
Emotional tale well told, I think.

I particularly like the Richmond fans giving the Roy Boys a standing ovation for their last Melbourne game. Quite touching.

Pretty fair and honest assessment I thought.

Oakley gets painted as the villain, but charged with the same duties in the same scenario, I doubt that too many would have done a whole lot differently than he did over the course of his tenure as league supremo.

Still have NFI why the island of Nauru was giving out loans.

• Banned

Oakley gets painted as the villain, but charged with the same duties in the same scenario, I doubt that too many would have done a whole lot differently than he did over the course of his tenure as league supremo.

And if they had received finance from other sources they may have remained a single entity.

And if they had received finance from other sources they may have remained a single entity.

Fair enough, too. You would expect the league could have done more, but that wasn't the way things were done at the time, and they were actively trying to achieve a merger of Victorian clubs.

This video might give some context on what Nauru were trying to achieve.

I do think had've they lasted they would have gained a massive supporter base in the last 10-15 years with hipsters and the like. They seem to have gone for the other minnow across the west gate in Footscray.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back