Foxtel - how atrocious has it become year after year?

Remove this Banner Ad

So after 8 years I've cancelled my foxtel, as most people do I only have it for the sports and that's pretty much just the AFL, although I do enjoy A-league and NBA. Told them it's too expensive of me and that I really just watch the footy, the best offer they could give me was to just pay the $30 a month for the basic package, or pay $5 a month for nothing, but can then re connect at the start of the season next year. Both seemed like fairly poor options.
I've got Optus for Epl, champions league and Europa league, and will get the AFL live pass next year. Maybe go back to Foxtel when it's worth it, or can just purchase the sports package.

I doubt very much Foxtel will do the right thing. As for the packages that has been their whole trick since they began , you can get rid of stuff, but you might lose something you watch out of one group that belongs in the package.
That's how fox maximise the cheating they do for money, what it should do, is offer you whatever you want to pay for, then, people would be staying and watching and paying instead of being ripped off when they pay for watching about half of whats available, because of the package tricks, oh and along with the tricks is 50 billion commercials !

Got the 3 dollar letter, i swear they are doing this every 6 months now. I remember getting one when they replaced Premier League with BeIn etc.... which was confusing as they saved all that money not paying for epl.

Regardless threatened to cancel and got a discount for the next 12 months.

I've experienced the discount and it goes on if you hassle them each time the contract runs out. But

and a big BUT, the package tricks never change, and the discount might save you $10 or $15 bucks a month.

Doesn't change the fact that you watch s**t half the time, and record all the other stuff you actually watch for yourself .

And of course cut something out you don't want, and you lose something you do want, cause its in the Package Trick.
It is a prick of a way to treat customers.

wouldn't know, not subscribed

whenever I am somewhere like a hotel that has some foxtel channels the amount of time they spend advertising is pretty annoying considering you are paying already just to be able to watch those ads

Cable once upon a time was no ads, that was the thing that drew people in! Then the cheating started.

Google Kayo Beta peeps

Christmas in November!

Will be cancelling shortly
Hmm sounds ok on the surface and for those with unlimited its a good bargain.

Myself on a cheap arse plan has to consider things. At the moment Foxtel doesnt consume data unless I utilise the live stream currently on laptop. Though technically the money saved can just about pay the unlimited internet.

The other issue is the 2 devices for $25. Again on my own I can do it, but a mate piggybacks at the moment. The 2 devices then become limited to his and mine, doesnt leave me my phone at times to watch.

On the surface it looks ok, may just wait for the beta to bug out

Myself on a cheap arse plan has to consider things. At the moment Foxtel doesnt consume data unless I utilise the live stream currently on laptop. Though technically the money saved can just about pay the unlimited internet.

The other issue is the 2 devices for $25. Again on my own I can do it, but a mate piggybacks at the moment. The 2 devices then become limited to his and mine, doesnt leave me my phone at times to watch.

2 concurrent streams...you can have endless devices, but just 2 in use at any given time, or 3 if you do the $35 plan...

We have been on NBN for 2 years and have unlimited on Telstra that can stream HD movies and Netflix without a glitch simultaneously

This is also on the catastrophic fibre to the node

This will save me $45 a month

They are campaigners who deliberately do this to the people. if they put showcase in movies package no one would sign up to the drama pack.

Yes, they've done it a few times over the journey. A channel in the base pack becomes popular so they bundle it up with a pile of shite channels and make you pay extra for it or the just move the popular program/s so you have to pay more. It's kind of like how the GFC started, bundling all those toxic home loans up giving them a AAA rating and flogging them off.

Footy, F1, Bathurst, Ray Donovan, The Walking Dead (wife), Game of Thrones (wife) and we'd be set. What's that? Fox Footy, 506 for motor racing and Fox 8 and Showcase and we'd be set. I do like and use the weather channel but there's all sorts of other ways to get the weather, I like Smooth / Arts channel too.

I current have Platinum bundled up with unlimited NBN for $154 a month. It was too good a deal to knock back.

Oh hes asking how the weather is in australia.

I responded with yeah dunno, you?

he said its ok in south africa.

DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY!

images

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi folks.

Dunno what its like in other states, however in SA if you are on a satelite service it seems as though we can't get 7,9,10 via Foxtel.

Does anyone know of a loophole or work around to make this doable?

Do you know that for a fact or is that what Foxtel told you?

When I first moved from Vic to WA, I was chatting to some Foxtel people in Perth one day and had a bit of a whinge to them about the free to air channels not being on Foxtel in the West. One of the sales people told me that I must have been on cable in Vic because you can't get it through satellite. I told him that I'd been getting all fta through Foxtel satellite for a few years. He walked off.

Move back to Victoria and still satellite but get all the fta channels back again.

Do you know that for a fact or is that what Foxtel told you?

When I first moved from Vic to WA, I was chatting to some Foxtel people in Perth one day and had a bit of a whinge to them about the free to air channels not being on Foxtel in the West. One of the sales people told me that I must have been on cable in Vic because you can't get it through satellite. I told him that I'd been getting all fta through Foxtel satellite for a few years. He walked off.

Move back to Victoria and still satellite but get all the fta channels back again.

yes on satellite get FTA major stations plus one of the 7 and 9 other ones

Yes, they've done it a few times over the journey. A channel in the base pack becomes popular so they bundle it up with a pile of shite channels and make you pay extra for it or the just move the popular program/s so you have to pay more. It's kind of like how the GFC started, bundling all those toxic home loans up giving them a AAA rating and flogging them off.

Footy, F1, Bathurst, Ray Donovan, The Walking Dead (wife), Game of Thrones (wife) and we'd be set. What's that? Fox Footy, 506 for motor racing and Fox 8 and Showcase and we'd be set. I do like and use the weather channel but there's all sorts of other ways to get the weather, I like Smooth / Arts channel too.

I current have Platinum bundled up with unlimited NBN for $154 a month. It was too good a deal to knock back.

I’ve got foxtel unlimited internet and entertainment + sport, for $114 a month.

I share Netflix with friends of mine which i pay $6 a month, and Stan which I share and pay $5 a month for.

When they get a smart tv or Apple TV app for kayo I’ll definitely look at dropping foxtel, or at least squeezing a better deal

Finally had it cut off. Was due to cut off midnight Saturday so we thought we'd watch one last film from the $7 new releases. Half way through it just cuts out. Midnight obviously means EST not WST where we are.

The final insult.
Surprised you got caught your by that one, Foxtel has always been EST for everything as far as I can tell

I’ve got foxtel unlimited internet and entertainment + sport, for $114 a month.

I share Netflix with friends of mine which i pay $6 a month, and Stan which I share and pay $5 a month for.

When they get a smart tv or Apple TV app for kayo I’ll definitely look at dropping foxtel, or at least squeezing a better deal
Geez. How much tv do you watch each week?

Decided to drop Foxtel and get Now instead, the set top box looks handy and the same channels are available to me for about $35 less a month.

Worst case I go back in six months and finally get them to upgrade my hardware (had the IQ2 and same control for five years). Pretty slack they charge so much to upgrade a box for a service I've plunged thousands into.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back