Foxtel - how atrocious has it become year after year?

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to keep it for football and F1. But I’m going to call and say I want out and see if I’ll grt it cheaper. Only problem is if they just say ok and disconnect it. Can I call their bluff ?
Also don't opt out of recording the call there's been twice now they've promised me prices/packages and messed it up and have needed to go back to the recording to prove them wrong

I want to keep it for football and F1. But I’m going to call and say I want out and see if I’ll grt it cheaper. Only problem is if they just say ok and disconnect it. Can I call their bluff ?

There's no real bluff to be called. The retentions team is there to retain customers who claim that they want to disconnect.

Also don't opt out of recording the call there's been twice now they've promised me prices/packages and messed it up and have needed to go back to the recording to prove them wrong

Foxtel and Telstra record all of their calls too, "for coaching and quality purposes", and for members of the public who take their interactions with them way too seriously...

Foxtel (Murdoc) is responsible for the crappy internet (aided by the Liberals in destroying fibre speed internet so as to prevent it from competing with Murdoc's cable tv 'service') we have in Australia so I have no intention of encouraging his business models. Foxtel needs to die and the sooner the better. If that means less money for pampered entitled players and footy clubs than so be it, the game was its purest when it was mostly amateur sport anyway. Network lucre has corrupted those in charge of running the game and forgotten who the game really belongs to.

Even the Sport channels are not as good as they used to be since they lost the English Premier League.
I was thinking yesterday how good it used to be with the multi screens, channels for EPL. It was awesome when you used to press the red button and all the games come up to choose from. I've lost interest in EPL since that went down. I have Optus, but I cbf connecting it up for the games. These days, i'm too tired anyway from work.

I just watch the highlights the next day.

This

If we can just get a sports channel it’ll be worth it, sadly they make you package it with other channels.
Sport probably costs like 10 times more than all the other s**t combined, unless they want to lose money they are hardly going to give that away by itself when it's their 99% their main drawcard.

Although as others have said just ring up disconnections (in Australia, NOT overseas) and they will give a decent discount.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foxtel Stan and Netflix are in talks to join forces. Sky and Netflix recently did the same in the UK. Be very interesting to see if the Pay tv model Foxtel uses gets an overhaul.
All Foxtel want to do is be able to deliver Netflix and Stan. It will not change their model at all, it'll just be another "great value" add on like "Pay an extra $10 for Stan or Netflix or $19 for both".

I had Foxtel Go last year for the footy for the first time. It was ok for a while, found a few other things on other channels that were ok, but quickly found that it's the same s**t over and over. Then halfway through the season they ripped off about 15 channels that we were getting and didn't replace them (stuff like Music Max which I really liked and Discovery), and made it so you couldn't even get them by paying for them. As soon as the last delayed Crows game finished I disconnected there and then. * Foxtel.

If it wasn't for the sport I wouldn't bother.
Becoming such a rip off when you consider the significantly cheaper options out there in Stan and Netflix.

What really grinds my gears is that they'll bend over backwards to get new customers, but won't do a damn thing to keep long term customers.

They constantly give me discounts when I threaten to quit and I'm a long term customer. They fail to do it one time I'll go through with it and if I get the shakes missing the sport I'll do it under my girlfriend's name.

Like 99% of other people I only have it for Sport and I guess Showcase when something good is on. Everything else is just repeats and ads in great chunks. Especially on Fox8. And the ******* Comedy channel. How can it be called that when less that 34% of the shows are actually ******* funny. The Australian stuff is the worst (i.e. 'The Slot')

They constantly give me discounts when I threaten to quit and I'm a long term customer. They fail to do it one time I'll go through with it and if I get the shakes missing the sport I'll do it under my girlfriend's name.

Like 99% of other people I only have it for Sport and I guess Showcase when something good is on. Everything else is just repeats and ads in great chunks. Especially on Fox8. And the ******* Comedy channel. How can it be called that when less that 34% of the shows are actually ******* funny. The Australian stuff is the worst (i.e. 'The Slot')

I couldn't even tell you the last time I watched anything on Fox8. Or Arena for that matter.

I think when they made their basic package $26 was probably when the real rot set in. They lowered the price due to competition from streaming but also doubled the ads to make up for it. The biggest selling point for me was there weren't many ads, but now it's as bad as FTA TV on some channels, particularly the ones in the basic package.

Try living in Sydney and being an AFL fan.

You can't NOT have it.
Of ******* course you can't just get the sports channels , have to fork extra for " Sports+Ent pack

wouldn't know, not subscribed

whenever I am somewhere like a hotel that has some foxtel channels the amount of time they spend advertising is pretty annoying considering you are paying already just to be able to watch those ads

They advertise (the absolute * out of) the fact that they screen live sport with no ads during play.

Which is great, except they show just as many ads only crammed into the hours of the week that aren't used for screening live sport.

People complain about it, but if they offered me a $5/month fee to have a gambling ad free sports package I'd take it.

I reckon if you could log in and check how many hours you've spent watching each channel (like how you can see how man GB you have downloaded each day from your ISP) mine would be about 80% across the sports channels, with a bit of Comedy/Showcase/FX (gone) and a bit of music. Other than Showcase which has Game of Thrones and other new release HBO stuff most of the channels blend into one for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back