Foxtel - how atrocious has it become year after year?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr_Bojangles

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
So if I cancelled but kind of dragged my feet returning the box could I still watch all the shows I recorded over time? That's the only thing keeping me from canning it at the moment.

BuddysBiggestFan

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Got this in email.

We all miss our live sport, but to make things a little easier and help keep you entertained as you stay at home, we are giving you the Movies Pack until 30 June, on us. Plus you can continue to enjoy the Sports Pack with a combination of sports archive specials, new sport documentaries and more^.

You don't need to do a thing - you can start watching straight away!

Thank you for your continued support during this difficult time for Australia and the world. Stay safe, stay positive, we're all in this together.

Graet, but i cancelled foxtel months ago
Never got the email....only realised over the weekend.....

3 months of movies...can’t complain

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
It's actually not bad having the movies on there. I mean you can grab them all from elsewhere but having random ones to flick through you see stuff that interests you but would have never thought about or have forgotten. Still obviously not worth paying for though.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
It's actually not bad having the movies on there. I mean you can grab them all from elsewhere but having random ones to flick through you see stuff that interests you but would have never thought about or have forgotten. Still obviously not worth paying for though.
Aspect ratio usually f’ed up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dazza the Viking

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Only keep Foxtel basically for the live sport and at the moment we are getting nothing so we should be getting a discount.

Close to ditching as not really watching anything on Foxtel at the moment,
mainly watching netflix

Mr_Bojangles

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Have noticed just in the time since they made it free that there's a heap of repeats too.

Same with Comedy Channel. Same with Sci-Fi. None of it is worth the money.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Interesting reading:

manureid

Laziest Poster on Figbooty
Nov 24, 2003
Deleted Threads
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United,Raiders
Not sure where else to post this, but anyone watch War of the Worlds on Foxtel? The British version that just came out. 2 quite long episodes, but was waiting for more to drop, so checked when it may be and apparently that was the end. Was kind of waiting to see where it was going and what was going to happen, but nope, all done.

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
They texted us saying that my usual deal is about to expire (basic, sport, HD $40) is about to expire and that I can have sport for free for another 3 months for free if I answer 'yes' lmao.

Think I'll ring the cancel line tomorrow and see what happens. Even with all the free stuff at the moment it's barely worth it with no sport.

3rd Grade Maggy

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2004
In the Finals ...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southampton
Bye

They really are in a death spiral. What does this do for up and coming Australian talent? CMC was really good and generous with pushing Aussie country music - is anyone going to do that now? I mean, a lot of it was utter sh*t but the sheer volume of videos that were produced suggests there is going to be a major flow on to the video direction/production/editing sector as well.

Top Bottom