Foxtel - how atrocious has it become year after year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gasometer

TheBrownDog
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
So Aust Post won’t take Box returns due to Covid19 and the closest Parcel Point is 2 hours round drive. So after SMS tennis they have put a note on my account that I cannot return at the moment.

Pretty hopeless for Regional customers.

I am tipping a $300 fine by the end of August.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Tuart Hill, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
My problems with Foxtel is that for 13 years I have had the lifestyle program (food) and boxsets and it didn't cost anything but since July 1 Foxtel have taken it off my package I've tried to ring without success as there are no-one to answer queries except by texting. Unacceptable. I looked at Kayo and their package was $15 per month. At least I have netflix in my package.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Indirectly add me to the list of ex-Foxtel people. Relative whose online login I've used for years has quit. I'll pay for Kayo eventually (probably not this year as I've despised the fake crowd noises). No chance I'll pay for Binge.

Alesana

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Indirectly add me to the list of ex-Foxtel people. Relative whose online login I've used for years has quit. I'll pay for Kayo eventually (probably not this year as I've despised the fake crowd noises). No chance I'll pay for Binge.
Are they still doing fake crowd noises? There's crowds at every game now, haven't heard fake crowds since the start of the year

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
35k posts on a sports forum and you wont pay $5 a week for sport just because crowd noise has been added in?

adelaidecrows

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2010
Wasleys
AFL Club
Adelaide
The whole concept of paying for streaming / satellite services like foxtel initially was about ad free tv. I stopped with foxtel 6 years ago when they basically made you pay a fortune for basic channels with no real difference to free to air and they had adverts. They were basically double dipping. I have refused to go back to foxtel ever since.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 23, 2006
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Most people probably know about it by now, but Binge is free for Telstra customers for 3 months. Then if you're with Telstra Plus (their rewards program which is free to sign up for), you can get another 3 months free on top of that. This deal expires in January, so got my calendar marked to cancel my account at a certain date and then sign up for another account under the wife's name.

Binge hasn't been too bad so far, good to catch up on all the HBO shows.

Top Bottom