Foxtel - how atrocious has it become year after year?

Remove this Banner Ad

About 1 MLB game a week but every game of third tier rugby union from New Zealand.

I was referring to bandwidth, but Fox Sports rights have slowly been eroding bar the big 3 (AFL, NRL and cricket). EPL and NFL have been two of the bigger sports they've lost in recent years (NFL's only on ESPN and 7 these day). NBA is also just on ESPN now, and I'm pretty sure MLB is all but only on ESPN. On a positive note, they've actually increased their NHL offerings in recent years, picking up a number of Fox Sports-aligned teams matches in addition to the NBC matches. Hopefully one day they'll strike a deal with Rogers to show some of the Canadian broadcast matches too.

Well looks like we are getting 4K AFL and NRL matches next year.
Foxtel want to become the "Netflix of sport".

Finally admitting what they are!.. They have monopoly of alot of sport in this country, embrace it..
Every person i know has Foxtel for AFL and add Showtime for Game of Thrones when it airs.

The cricket channel was a great initiative which will keep a large portion of their sports subscribers happy during the AFL off season.

But, they really need to try and tap into the American sports market a little more.

More NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL..

It's hard to get more content with NBA and NFL though with dedicated apps you can subscribe too.
Would be a costly exercise to get the rights to more games and may not be worth the outlay.

NFL Redzone is great to see the action across multiple games, but sometimes you really want to watch a full game prior to their 8:20am game on Monday.

Will be interesting to see if theor own sports offering kills off the rest of Foxtel. Like many people have said, if you can just pay for sport alone (say $20 a month), why would the majority of people pay for all the other stuff at exauberant prices?

Will be interesting to see if theor own sports offering kills off the rest of Foxtel. Like many people have said, if you can just pay for sport alone (say $20 a month), why would the majority of people pay for all the other stuff at exauberant prices?

They need to just have a sports pack and then add channels for $5 per channel.

Foxsports, Fox8, Showtime and i'm pretty much good to go.

So after 8 years I've cancelled my foxtel, as most people do I only have it for the sports and that's pretty much just the AFL, although I do enjoy A-league and NBA. Told them it's too expensive of me and that I really just watch the footy, the best offer they could give me was to just pay the $30 a month for the basic package, or pay $5 a month for nothing, but can then re connect at the start of the season next year. Both seemed like fairly poor options.
I've got Optus for Epl, champions league and Europa league, and will get the AFL live pass next year. Maybe go back to Foxtel when it's worth it, or can just purchase the sports package.

The full article here:

https://www.theage.com.au/business/...-s-netflix-of-sport-play-20180920-p504yn.html

I was searching the Foxtel Go app last night and checking their Ondemand section and there is zero ESPN content. Anyone know why?

I also find it annoying that stuff I have recorded on my Foxtel box I cannot access through Foxtel Go, that would be handy to watch offline or online if one was so inclined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's where they put all the stupid CW shows and other content that's clearly too good for Showcase.

It's weird how Last Week Tonight (the John Oliver show) is shown on Showcase only the once on Monday night, and you can't 'anytime' if you miss it if you don't have the package with Comedy in it. Anyone know why it's on Showcase at all?

It's weird how Last Week Tonight (the John Oliver show) is shown on Showcase only the once on Monday night, and you can't 'anytime' if you miss it if you don't have the package with Comedy in it. Anyone know why it's on Showcase at all?
It’s a HBO show, Showcase have an output deal with them.

They really need to change thier susbscription model.

If people just want to pay for the sports pack only then they should be able have that option same with some one who wants the entertainment,movies etc,etc packages.

Just give the option where you are able to buy the packs individually why do i need to pick a starter pack?

Lol. So it turns out instead of just disconnecting the sports package they have also disconnected hd, the lifestyle channels and showcase ie; everything wifey watches. She got on the phone to the os call centre before I could stop her. Hilarity ensues..

I confirm that i spoke to foxtel this week and was not put through to an os call centre. i always go to the disconnection route.

I am disconnecting movies package, despite the fact theres something romantic about flicking through the movie channels and finding something to watch. i think its because its like the old days (pre streaming, or even pre cable tv when all we had were FTA channels), where you had to wait for a show to start.

They really need to change thier susbscription model.

If people just want to pay for the sports pack only then they should be able have that option same with some one who wants the entertainment,movies etc,etc packages.

Just give the option where you are able to buy the packs individually why do i need to pick a starter pack?

Because money.

Because they can

Remove this Banner Ad

Back