Foxtel - how atrocious has it become year after year?

3rd Grade Maggy

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2004
In the Finals ...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southampton
It would be kind of fun if a critical mass of people started ringing up to cancel and when asked why say "well I signed up with mybudget and they told me I couldn't afford it and needed to cancel"

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Foxtel's new Web interface for Foxtel Go
V1K2tTE.png

Netflix Web Interface
F1Ry6Ij.png

There is design based on inspiration, then there is this.....:D

It’s a pity that the GF isn’t on Fox Footy ...

Ad free...and that

Oh, whilst I am here apparently Ch Severn have Cricket this summer...

they (7) showed a promo for the cricket and then straight after showed an advertisement for the game. It was ridiculous!

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
I'm going to upgrade my old set top box. The website says you need to send the old one back when you get the new one. My old one has a heap of stuff on it that I still need to watch. My questions:
a) Is there any way to transfer shows to the new set top box?
b) How long do you have to send the old one back?
c) Do they care if you don't send the old one back?
Cheers.

Sep 23, 2006
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm going to upgrade my old set top box. The website says you need to send the old one back when you get the new one. My old one has a heap of stuff on it that I still need to watch. My questions:
a) Is there any way to transfer shows to the new set top box?
b) How long do you have to send the old one back?
c) Do they care if you don't send the old one back?
Cheers.

What box do you have? I was told just to throw my box out (MyStar box). I had originally planned to open it up to see what type of hard drive was in it and try transfer the shows to my PC, but at one stage it s**t itself and wiped everything from it.

I'm going to make the call tomorrow and cancel it now that footy has finished. Might just pay the 5 or 10 a month though and keep the box active as I always use the record feature for FTA.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
What box do you have? I was told just to throw my box out (MyStar box). I had originally planned to open it up to see what type of hard drive was in it and try transfer the shows to my PC, but at one stage it s**t itself and wiped everything from it.

I'm going to make the call tomorrow and cancel it now that footy has finished. Might just pay the 5 or 10 a month though and keep the box active as I always use the record feature for FTA.
Yeah, it's a MyStar box too. Not too fussed about upgrading, but figure I might as well be experiencing the best possible picture quality.

ClokesShankedIt

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jul 5, 2011
Near the point post
AFL Club
Collingwood
So after 8 years I've cancelled my foxtel, as most people do I only have it for the sports and that's pretty much just the AFL, although I do enjoy A-league and NBA. Told them it's too expensive of me and that I really just watch the footy, the best offer they could give me was to just pay the $30 a month for the basic package, or pay $5 a month for nothing, but can then re connect at the start of the season next year. Both seemed like fairly poor options.
I've got Optus for Epl, champions league and Europa league, and will get the AFL live pass next year. Maybe go back to Foxtel when it's worth it, or can just purchase the sports package.

How many hours a week do you sit on your arse in front of the TV with that setup

Sep 23, 2006
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah, it's a MyStar box too. Not too fussed about upgrading, but figure I might as well be experiencing the best possible picture quality.
When I upgraded my box, it was at the start of the year when the IQ3 was free for new members ($125 usually I think for anyone else). I rang up the disconnect line and gave them the old 'Do I need to cancel and then sign up again to become a new member to get the free IQ3?'. The lady was really nice and said that she'd sort one out for me. She also included a Port Adelaide remote as well :D

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
When I upgraded my box, it was at the start of the year when the IQ3 was free for new members ($125 usually I think for anyone else). I rang up the disconnect line and gave them the old 'Do I need to cancel and then sign up again to become a new member to get the free IQ3?'. The lady was really nice and said that she'd sort one out for me. She also included a Port Adelaide remote as well :D
Thanks for the advice. Might try the same thing. I've had FOXTEL for about 15 years and figure I shouldn't have to fork out for an upgrade.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
From 30 October 2018, your Foxtel from Telstra™ pricing will change.

This price change will allow Foxtel to continue investing in premium programming and products so you can enjoy the best choice of shows, sports, drama, movies and On Demand entertainment.
Your monthly Foxtel from Telstra subscription on Account Number XXXXX will increase by $12 per month.

My mum got this email. What a ******* joke.

I'll need to call and negotiate for her. What department is the best to speak to in order to make us bleed less money?

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Long time customer and when told I had to cough up $125 I said I don’t think so

They agreed

FWIW Iq3 has been faultless unlike the prior model which consistently disconnected from the internet

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Here’s the deal

Being North we have lots of games on Fox that can only be viewed on Fox or afl.com

I can watch on afl.com for free but the best I can do on device viewing is an iPad

It won’t play on Smart Tv through the web and connecting the device to the Smart Tv won’t work regarding screen size

My choice for 2019

Pay Fox and get a full 60 inch Hd view or watch on afl.com on iPad for free as part of my Telstra deal

First world problem

From 30 October 2018, your Foxtel from Telstra™ pricing will change.

This price change will allow Foxtel to continue investing in premium programming and products so you can enjoy the best choice of shows, sports, drama, movies and On Demand entertainment.
Your monthly Foxtel from Telstra subscription on Account Number XXXXX will increase by $12 per month.

My mum got this email. What a ******* joke.

I'll need to call and negotiate for her. What department is the best to speak to in order to make us bleed less money?

Call disconnections department

Back