Foxtel - how atrocious has it become year after year?

Remove this Banner Ad

I still have it cause you literally couldn't get through to them to cancel it.

After they remove the additional packages I'll cancel it

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
What? you can always get through to disconnections. not sure about right now with the corona around tho

Foxtel need a streaming app (on Apple TV and other popular devices) for a similar amount (sport excluded) to the other streaming networks

I used to have a platinum package paying $100+ a month for well over 10 years. I now have Netflix, Stan, Disney +, Amazon Prime and Kayo and pay much less for a lot more content, I would happily pay a similar amount to the others for their HBO shows, Wentworh and movie catalogue,

The days of having someone install a box and then having to return it if you cancel are gone. The days of sorting content into packs are gone. I would normally only be interested in 1 or 2 pieces of content in each pack. They need to go all in on streaming or they will be left behind.

Foxtel need a streaming app (on Apple TV and other popular devices) for a similar amount (sport excluded) to the other streaming networks

I used to have a platinum package paying $100+ a month for well over 10 years. I now have Netflix, Stan, Disney +, Amazon Prime and Kayo and pay much less for a lot more content, I would happily pay a similar amount to the others for their HBO shows, Wentworh and movie catalogue,

The days of having someone install a box and then having to return it if you cancel are gone. The days of sorting content into packs are gone. I would normally only be interested in 1 or 2 pieces of content in each pack. They need to go all in on streaming or they will be left behind.

theyre launching a streaming entertainment app (similar to Kayo), called Binge, in the near future. Full details still to come.

Apparently won a bidding war with Stan to keep rights to hbo shows. Had they lost that, would surely have been the death knell for all bar those that don't know how to stream kayo.

So if you don’t mind, what are you paying for all those? With Kayo isn’t it poor quality when played on TV, ie not HD quality?

So if you don’t mind, what are you paying for all those? With Kayo isn’t it poor quality when played on TV, ie not HD quality?
Kayo has been fine for me, It is HD, not sure if 720p or 1080p, but never had an issue (my NBN seems good)

Netflix ($14) + Stan ($14) + Amazon ($7) + Disney+ ($9)+ Kayo ($25) = $69

Can cancel/resubscribe all at anytime without a phone call or need to return hardware. Have them running through Apple Tv as well as FTA streaming apps.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would take a couple months to get through Star Wars and Marvel then it's just kiddie s**t

There's a few National Geographic shows on there too, but none of the good ones like Ultimate Airport Dubai.

They also have access to 20th Century Fox material (ie The Simpsons, albeit in the wrong format).

Will be interesting to see what they include by way of content and how competitive it is. Maybe a Stan/Foxtel streaming merger could be on the cards.

Foxtel will launch their Movies and Drama version of Kayo, called Binge on Monday

Basic Info

Launch:
Monday 25th May

Pricing:
$10/month: SD, 1 screen
$14/month: HD, 2 screens
$18/month: HD, 4 screens

Free Trial:
Yes, 14 days

Devices at launch:
Apple TV (4th and 5th gen), Android TV (inc Sony smart TVs), Telstra TV, Chromecast (excluding 1st-gen), iOS 12+ and Android 6+ phones and tablets.

Devices coming later:
Samsung smart TVs, Playstation4, Xbox One

4K:
Not within the first year at least

User Profiles:
Yes, 6 per account at launch, intention is to increase that number in the near future

UI looks very similar to Stan's Apple TV interface with a touch of Netflix and a splash of Kayo.

Last edited:
Foxtel will launch their Movies and Drama version of Kayo, called Binge on Monday

Basic Info

Launch:
Monday 25th May

Pricing:
$10/month: SD, 1 screen
$14/month: HD, 2 screens
$18/month: HD, 4 screens

Free Trial:
Yes, 14 days

Devices at launch:
Apple TV (4th and 5th gen), Android TV (inc Sony smart TVs), Telstra TV, Chromecast (excluding 1st-gen), iOS 12+ and Android 6+ phones and tablets.

Devices coming later:
Samsung smart TVs, Playstation4, Xbox One

4K:
Not within the first year at least

User Profiles:
Yes, 6 per account at launch, intention is to increase that number in the near future

UI looks very similar to Stan's Apple TV interface with a touch of Netflix and a splash of Kayo.

What a surprise Wentworth is the one show not on Binge

My foxtel discount has ended so on monday this week i rang to see what discounts are available. Yada yada they needed me to do al communication by text messages. Fine. Sent a message back and forth with their automated system and eventually got an option for someone human to take over the messaging.

Next day - Tuesday - a human texted said they would look at what discounts are available and to bear with them. Never heard back. So texted back last night saying i am still bearing but is there any update. Message i got back was the automated system again. Ffs.

So i went online to myaccount and changed my direct debit credit card details to one that expires next week (and my bill is due to be paid mid june). Im sure when they don’t receive payment a human will call me.

My foxtel discount has ended so on monday this week i rang to see what discounts are available. Yada yada they needed me to do al communication by text messages. Fine. Sent a message back and forth with their automated system and eventually got an option for someone human to take over the messaging.

Next day - Tuesday - a human texted said they would look at what discounts are available and to bear with them. Never heard back. So texted back last night saying i am still bearing but is there any update. Message i got back was the automated system again. Ffs.

So i went online to myaccount and changed my direct debit credit card details to one that expires next week (and my bill is due to be paid mid june). Im sure when they don’t receive payment a human will call me.
If they do that to me think I will just cancel for real. The room I watch it in I'll be renovating for a few weeks anyway. When sport finally resumes then just get Kayo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back