Foxtel - how atrocious has it become year after year?

Remove this Banner Ad

So Aust Post won’t take Box returns due to Covid19 and the closest Parcel Point is 2 hours round drive. So after SMS tennis they have put a note on my account that I cannot return at the moment.

Pretty hopeless for Regional customers.

I am tipping a $300 fine by the end of August.

My problems with Foxtel is that for 13 years I have had the lifestyle program (food) and boxsets and it didn't cost anything but since July 1 Foxtel have taken it off my package I've tried to ring without success as there are no-one to answer queries except by texting. Unacceptable. I looked at Kayo and their package was $15 per month. At least I have netflix in my package.

Just adding to the countless others saying they ditched it and haven't looked back. Was such a behemoth once and is now sinking without a trace. Delicious.
It’s another example of treating customers with contempt.
A bit like FTA channels from 2003 onwards

Indirectly add me to the list of ex-Foxtel people. Relative whose online login I've used for years has quit. I'll pay for Kayo eventually (probably not this year as I've despised the fake crowd noises). No chance I'll pay for Binge.

Indirectly add me to the list of ex-Foxtel people. Relative whose online login I've used for years has quit. I'll pay for Kayo eventually (probably not this year as I've despised the fake crowd noises). No chance I'll pay for Binge.
Are they still doing fake crowd noises? There's crowds at every game now, haven't heard fake crowds since the start of the year

35k posts on a sports forum and you wont pay $5 a week for sport just because crowd noise has been added in?

The whole concept of paying for streaming / satellite services like foxtel initially was about ad free tv. I stopped with foxtel 6 years ago when they basically made you pay a fortune for basic channels with no real difference to free to air and they had adverts. They were basically double dipping. I have refused to go back to foxtel ever since.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most people probably know about it by now, but Binge is free for Telstra customers for 3 months. Then if you're with Telstra Plus (their rewards program which is free to sign up for), you can get another 3 months free on top of that. This deal expires in January, so got my calendar marked to cancel my account at a certain date and then sign up for another account under the wife's name.

Binge hasn't been too bad so far, good to catch up on all the HBO shows.

Get the email - Hey we're giving you all these packages for free until feb !

Better not be like last year when it was " Oh yeah, now we added them permanantly so you can pay full price even though you never asked for them " or i'm gonna blast campaigners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better not be like last year when it was " Oh yeah, now we added them permanantly so you can pay full price even though you never asked for them " or i'm gonna blast campaigners
Didn't know they did that, that's pretty grubby. Then you have to wait five hours on the phone to cancel.

I thought Foxtel must've been going great guns when they sacked me as a customer after 8 years.

They ended my package, they went to put me on a more expensive one, I said I wasn't paying a cent more... and that was that.

Never heard of them doing that before.

So Aust Post won’t take Box returns due to Covid19 and the closest Parcel Point is 2 hours round drive. So after SMS tennis they have put a note on my account that I cannot return at the moment.

Pretty hopeless for Regional customers.

I am tipping a $300 fine by the end of August.
How did this go?

I got told to dump mine at an eWaste station

(old box)

How did this go?

I got told to dump mine at an eWaste station

(old box)

They don’t forget.

As soon as Lockdown was over in Vic they sent a reminder email. Of course being a Telstra Foxtel customer I couldn’t access the website so I had to ring...eventually got my Membership number and it was all done with a minimum of fuss.

On premium with Netflix which was 113 down to 88 for 12 months.

Called up to cancel, did the dance and the best they could do was 103 for the same package despite the deal online is 84.

I'll just sign up under my wifes name or not at all. Absolute muppets.

On premium with Netflix which was 113 down to 88 for 12 months.

Called up to cancel, did the dance and the best they could do was 103 for the same package despite the deal online is 84.

I'll just sign up under my wifes name or not at all. Absolute muppets.
They're so out of touch they only care about new customers because loyal customers are already in their trap. Once the 'deal' runs out they make it near impossible to cancel. You can sometimes get a better deal with threats of cancelling but I have a feeling that doesn't last long.

They're so out of touch they only care about new customers because loyal customers are already in their trap. Once the 'deal' runs out they make it near impossible to cancel. You can sometimes get a better deal with threats of cancelling but I have a feeling that doesn't last long.
It's really dumb, I'm now going to dump movies so it will be 64 a month plus they have the admin of new account setup+ the install which is included in the deal. Oh and the box needs to be sent back

Tell them the primary person who watched it has died.

When my dad died earlier this year, I called up to cancel. The bird said she can suspend the service for 12 months at no cost and I said to be honest, my dad died and he was the only one who watched it. She said no problem, I can cancel it for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back